Pre season 4A baseball rankings

Sportsfanatic1

3 hours ago, broncbuster11 said:

Yea and the reward is a first round date with Kilgore. I’m really hoping for a Kilgore PG matchup down the road. I would imagine one of those two end up in Austin.

7 hours ago, sportsguy24 said:

Yeah, but then it comes down to head-to-head. LE owns tiebreaker over Pitt, and Pitt owns tiebreaker over both Paris teams. The only real battle for seeding is between Paris and Lamar this week to see who makes the playoffs. PG will be 1st, LE will be 2nd, and Pitt will be 3rd.

Pg will beat LE that will put le and Pitt tied if 1 of the Paris teams wins both games this week there will be a 3 way tie if the Paris teams split they will have to play again

21 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

These guys do a real good job with this web-site and rankings. I look at it multiple times during baseball season. However, there is one big head scratcher in the rankings. In 25-4A Fulshear is 19-3-1 (11-0 in district) and Sealy is 17-7 (7-3 in district) and Fulshear has won both matchups with Sealy, but Sealy is ranked #20 and Fulshear is #25.

6 hours ago, Texski said:

These guys do a real good job with this web-site and rankings. I look at it multiple times during baseball season. However, there is one big head scratcher in the rankings. In 25-4A Fulshear is 19-3-1 (11-0 in district) and Sealy is 17-7 (7-3 in district) and Fulshear has won both matchups with Sealy, but Sealy is ranked #20 and Fulshear is #25.

I know they are just people's personal rankings but yeah that makes no sense what-so-ever!! 

Also I would love to see a PG and Kilgore matchup I can't recall when the last time these two have played each other. But either way this matchup would be a darn good un'.. 

1 hour ago, WhoamI97539 said:

I know they are just people's personal rankings but yeah that makes no sense what-so-ever!! 

Also I would love to see a PG and Kilgore matchup I can't recall when the last time these two have played each other. But either way this matchup would be a darn good un'.. 

Pg and Kilgore will definitely happen round 3

10 hours ago, DevelopQB said:

PG will handle Kilgore in a series.   

Maybe, Kilgore is pretty up and down. If Johnson pitches like he did against Bullard, nobody in the region is beating Kilgore in a series. The problem with Kilgore is inconsistent pitching from their #2/#3. Wouldn’t surprise me to see them try to flip for a one gamer. That would be a heck of a game.

3 hours ago, sportsguy24 said:

Probably, which is why they need to try and flip a one-gamer. The Hampton kid is pretty good. Him vs. the Voyles kid would be a good matchup for a 4th round berth.

Think Galvan has been PG's best on the mound, but they have been using 4 or 5 guys in district

12 hours ago, DevelopQB said:

None of these can beat PG in a series.  Pitching is the difference.   

Ummmm...Bullard has two D-1 arms I believe. If those two met up I do not think pitching would be the difference. They went 3 games last year and were all close games. Two of them decided by 1 run I think.

15 minutes ago, sportsguy24 said:

Ummmm...Bullard has two D-1 arms I believe. If those two met up I do not think pitching would be the difference. They went 3 games last year and were all close games. Two of them decided by 1 run I think.

pg's hitting would definitely be the difference there. 

bullard can keep up when it comes to starting pitching however

region 2 has a ton of depth to it for sure

It's hard to say what to expect from PG this year.  No doubt, they have a lot of talent, but they haven't really been tested so far.  They haven't faced any good pitching at all.  They are definitely a good team but I wish the regular season competition had been a little stronger

I’ve seen several of the region’s top teams this year and Kilgore definitely hits the ball better than anybody. Normally I would say that I’d take the pitching over the hitting, however the scores were 8-2 and 9-2 against those two D1 Bullard arms. I know bats tend to cool off, and Kilgore is a wildcard when anybody not named Hampton is pitching, but based on what I’ve seen, it will be hard to bet against them, even against PG and Canton. Regardless who it is, Region 2 will be well represented in Austin this year.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, broncbuster11 said:

I’ve seen several of the region’s top teams this year and Kilgore definitely hits the ball better than anybody. Normally I would say that I’d take the pitching over the hitting, however the scores were 8-2 and 9-2 against those two D1 Bullard arms. I know bats tend to cool off, and Kilgore is a wildcard when anybody not named Hampton is pitching, but based on what I’ve seen, it will be hard to bet against them, even against PG and Canton. Regardless who it is, Region 2 will be well represented in Austin this year.

PG pitching vs their bats will be fun. I’ll take PG

2 hours ago, broncbuster11 said:

+1 couldn't have stated it any better if Kilgore plays like they did against Bullard they will definitely be hard to beat.

12 minutes ago, Tiger10 said:

Hawk20, what about the 4 games pg lost this year? Was there not good pitching involved in those losses?

I don't usually defend PG, but March 9 was a long time ago. They  really haven't faced much quality pitching since then, Paris gave them a little of a scare, but Paris can't hit PG pitching. 

Very true statement I agree. My opinion is pg is untested and cannot hit quality d1 caliber pitching that became obvious last year against argyle and is still holds true this year. They will have a cakewalk through the playoffs unless they face a d1 pitcher in a 1 game series. 

28 minutes ago, Tiger10 said:

Hawk20, what about the 4 games pg lost this year? Was there not good pitching involved in those losses?

I can't personally speak to that because I wasn't at any of those games.  I would assume there was good pitching.  I do know that in one of them we made more defensive errors in one game than we made the entire rest of the season.

I agree with you, that happens early in the season for sure. Some players were probably not long from football and getting into the baseball  groove while others may have been still playing basketball. I did not see the losses myself either,  just posing the question.