Per Matt Stepp, Bobby Reyes has resigned in Nacogdoches...

Smoaky

38 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

If I were ever to get offered an Asst AD job or higher in Mineral Wells, I would feel obligated to have my children go to school here too...  In my current position, my children will continue to go to Aledo ISD and I will commute to work.  However, I get it.  How is this school that you are trying to sell me good enough for me when it is not good enough for your own children?  I wouldn't even say they HAVE to live in the town they work in, but their family needs to be a part of the school....

While I get irritated with the teachers doing it, I can be talked into being ok with a teacher.

But the HFB/AD in my mind has to be all in on the district he/she lives and works in, Same with the principle, Super ,School Board. This is of course just my opinion and means very little!!!

1 minute ago, MattStepp said:

I don't see how anyone could sell themselves to a community or their team if their kids don't attend the school....damages the credibility instantly and it burn my if my kids went to school in Nac but the coaches and administrators don't believe in the school enough to send their kids there....actions speak louder than words

100% THIS 

6 hours ago, Nacwagons said:

While I get irritated with the teachers doing it, I can be talked into being ok with a teacher.

But the HFB/AD in my mind has to be all in on the district he/she lives and works in, Same with the principle, Super ,School Board. This is of course just my opinion and means very little!!!

My wife and I both teach (and I coach) at Maud, but live in Texarkana. Our 4 kids go to Maud. It is important to support the district you work in, for sure. 

On 2/24/2019 at 11:58 AM, playactionpass39 said:

He may, but Allman has already said he will NOT move his family to NAC.

Going to be interesting to see if this holds true.

If it does.... seems that doesn't bode well for longevity.

Ask Tyler Lee.  Ask Marshall.  I got a feeling the clock is running on Texas High too.

Nac fans?  What think you?

5 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Ask Tyler Lee.  Ask Marshall.  I got a feeling the clock is running on Texas High too.

Biggest splash hire in Nac program history??? You can not argue with the resume for sure. He has been successful everywhere he has been. 

I want to first say, I am not discounting the other two candidates I am sure they would have been good coaches. However, I don’t think you can pass up his previous experience. I have still not seen or heard where he said he wasn’t going to move his family or what his family situation is. My initial thought is that we may get out played, out athleted but I don’t think we are gonna get outcoached. He has coached and won some really big games. I am curious to see how he gets player and community buy in, he seems to demand discipline from his players and coaches and Nac isn’t exactly known for maintaining its composure. 

I think this is a home run hire and he inherits a very young and talented team.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

Biggest splash hire in Nac program history???

I think this is a home run hire

I agree 100%.   It’s a huge hire. 

Best of luck to Nac..... minus that one week a year!  

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

The fact that Allman may not move his family to Nac certainly is a red flag, but just as certainly this is a great hire......the fact that Marshall has just gone thru the exact same situation with Mathis, IMO it’s turned into a huge win for the Mavs......despite the hard feelings brought on by Coach Mathis leaving Marshall (which anybody with common sense knew was going to happen eventually) Coach Mathis gave the Mavs instant credibility (just as Allman does for Nac) after the worst stretch of futility in Maverick football history......on top of of that he brought Jake Greidl to Marshall, who has embraced MHS as no other HFC /AD has in my memory........to that we owe Mathis thanks (as hard as it is to swallow)......like the Garth Brooks song says, ‘sometimes God’s greatest gifts are unanswered prayers’.......hopefully it’lk Work out just as well for NHS (like Mavchamp says, other than that one week a year......

4 hours ago, OakRidgeMav said:

The fact that Allman may not move his family to Nac certainly is a red flag, but just as certainly this is a great hire......the fact that Marshall has just gone thru the exact same situation with Mathis, IMO it’s turned into a huge win for the Mavs......despite the hard feelings brought on by Coach Mathis leaving Marshall (which anybody with common sense knew was going to happen eventually) Coach Mathis gave the Mavs instant credibility (just as Allman does for Nac) after the worst stretch of futility in Maverick football history......on top of of that he brought Jake Greidl to Marshall, who has embraced MHS as no other HFC /AD has in my memory........to that we owe Mathis thanks (as hard as it is to swallow)......like the Garth Brooks song says, ‘sometimes God’s greatest gifts are unanswered prayers’.......hopefully it’lk Work out just as well for NHS (like Mavchamp says, other than that one week a year......

I think what he does with his family is his business.   We just got a good ball coach according to everything I’ve read about him.  

And yes, I would love for the UIL to realign us with Corsicana on the next alignment. 

7 hours ago, OakRidgeMav said:

I would say Marshall had plenty of credibility before Mathis showed up.

• Like 1