Per Matt Stepp, Bobby Reyes has resigned in Nacogdoches...

Smoaky

3 hours ago, NastyNacogdoches76 said:

I think what he does with his family is his business.   We just got a good ball coach according to everything I’ve read about him.  

And yes, I would love for the UIL to realign us with Corsicana on the next alignment. 

We said the same thing about Scott ford. Let’s see if we can at least win a playoff game something we haven’t done since 92

Article on Darren Allman, says he has family in the area so that takes care of this ties to the community part. Still nothing about not moving his family, not saying he didn't say it somewhere.

70 applicants for the job overall!!!! Previous coordinator experience includes Highland Park, Temple , Brownwood and Cleveland!! 

www.nacisd.org/news/what_s_new/athletic_director_for_n_h_s_announced

12 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

Ford is not even in the same class as this guy as far as experience goes.

No not in experience but ford had won every where prior to coming to Nac. Harper still holds the record for most wins in Marshall and we only made the postseason once with him. Im happy we were able to land a big hire but time will tell I want to see results we have broken some streaks the last two on the list is win a District Championship and win a playoff game.

8 hours ago, nacdragon07 said:

I would say Marshall had plenty of credibility before Mathis showed up.

Agreed, but that credibility had taken a beating in the few years before Clint Harper came in......Harper started the program back on the right track, then the Mathis hire, due to his previous success, accelerated the return.

Allman has been an extreme winner everywhere he's been! And I do believe truly the issue he had at SLC was that he wanted to take over the HC position as soon as he got there and started working on running the HC outta there. If you read all the articles from up in the metroplex and start reading between the lines, then it sounds as if. Then him not wanting to interview candidates to me would reinforce that. Okay, but on to the current...if he gets to Nac and can work with the kids and build things up then he seems to build winners if winning is at all possible.

2 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

Allman has been an extreme winner everywhere he's been! And I do believe truly the issue he had at SLC was that he wanted to take over the HC position as soon as he got there and started working on running the HC outta there. If you read all the articles from up in the metroplex and start reading between the lines, then it sounds as if. Then him not wanting to interview candidates to me would reinforce that. Okay, but on to the current...if he gets to Nac and can work with the kids and build things up then he seems to build winners if winning is at all possible.

While I admit we haven’t had consistent success in football we have won before let’s not act like we’ve never won a game before. I admit a lot of those years in the 90’s we had good teams but the district was one of if not the toughest in the state during that time. We just need to win consistently not have a good year every now and then.

18 hours ago, mav01 said:

How many starters return for Nac? And what will be their expectations in year one with new coach? 

7 Off and 7 Def starters coming back-Team was all sophomores and Juniors last year went 5-5 and made the playoffs. I would have expected a 7-3ish type season without the coaching change. Don't think we can beat LP or Marshall just yet, but every other game we have a chance to win. 

This coach has been around .500 his first year in his previous stops. I expect Nac to at least make the playoffs again this year. The rest of my expectations, wont be formed until I see how spring practice goes.

15 minutes ago, rocketpop said:

A lot of NAC is upset at the hire. Wouldn’t be surprised if a few kids jump ship and transfer out.

Upset why?

Because it wasn't an inside hire?
Because they didn't get the guy they wanted?
Because they hired a guy that won'y play Nac Politics?
Because they want to keep Nac in the football dark another 30 years?

Makes absolutely no sense to be upset with this hire.

4 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Upset why?

Because it wasn't an inside hire?
Because they didn't get the guy they wanted?
Because they hired a guy that won'y play Nac Politics?
Because they want to keep Nac in the football dark another 30 years?

Makes absolutely no sense to be upset with this hire.

So you would be ok as a NAC resident hiring someone who not bringing his family in? I know that ain’t true based of the past situation you had in marshall. This was them goin after a name over the right fit. The community sees that

35 minutes ago, rocketpop said:

A lot of NAC is upset at the hire. Wouldn’t be surprised if a few kids jump ship and transfer out.

I haven't heard one bad thing said around town. The current coaching staff maybe talking and the group around town that complains about everything!!! I am sure the guy makes too much and since the school cant afford books and the teachers need raises and all!!!(that was sarcasm:)

Just now, rocketpop said:

So you would be ok as a NAC resident hiring someone who not bringing his family in? I know that ain’t true based of the past situation you had in marshall. This was them goin after a name over the right fit. The community sees that

No.......I wasn't happy about it when it happened with us.

But I wouldn't jump ship because of it.  I remained true to the program..... even if I thought the captain was...unfit.

Cutting off your nose to spite your face isn't the way to handle the situation IMHO

2 minutes ago, rocketpop said:

From what I have heard and read he has family locally, is why he came this way in the first place. I think the group that wanted Quinlan has started/pushed that narrative of him not relocating his family.

1 minute ago, Mavchamp said:

No.......I wasn't happy about it when it happened with us.

But I wouldn't jump ship because of it.  I remained true to the program..... even if I thought the captain was...unfit.

Cutting off your nose to spite your face isn't the way to handle the situation IMHO

I want a coach that get this program winning, not another good ole boy!!! This district has made hire after hire that hasn't worked out. Local coaches that went 2-8 and left the program in disarray has to stop. While it irritates me when the leaders of the district don't have their kids in school at Nac ISD, instead sending them to the surrounding schools. 

Kids that are going to jump ship because of coaching hire are going to quit anyway!!! They don't want to play then let them go!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

I also forgot to mention that if I had a kid in High school I would let them finish at the school they were in and not make them move for 1 year.

Not to mention.... UIL might not give a transferring student permission to play at their new school.

2 hours ago, rocketpop said:

How is ‘a lot of Nac’ mad when a lot of Nac don’t even attend the football games? 

That doesn’t make sense at all.  Why would the kids move?   I’m clueless on this one.