UPDATE: Spring Hill hires Jonny Louvier

dillonpanthers

The boys sports ARE doing well across the board. Coach Mercer has really done a great job getting the boys teams up to par with the rest of the district. Basketball, baseball, track, etc are doing really well, which is great. The girls teams, other than golf are defiantly lagging behind and need "more". The girls CAN be competitive  in other sports, but they just need someone who will push them more than they are used to. It's hard to explain, I don't want to offend anyone, so I'll just leave it at that. I don't know who they will choose, but the board knows what they need out of the new AD/HC, and this hire, IF they choose a certain someone, will be HUGE and will have a ripple effect throughout East Texas IMO. Stay tuned!!!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, SHillBuckeye said:

The boys sports ARE doing well across the board. Coach Mercer has really done a great job getting the boys teams up to par with the rest of the district. Basketball, baseball, track, etc are doing really well, which is great. The girls teams, other than golf are defiantly lagging behind and need "more". The girls CAN be competitive  in other sports, but they just need someone who will push them more than they are used to. It's hard to explain, I don't want to offend anyone, so I'll just leave it at that. I don't know who they will choose, but the board knows what they need out of the new AD/HC, and this hire, IF they choose a certain someone, will be HUGE and will have a ripple effect throughout East Texas IMO. Stay tuned!!!

CONFIRMED: Kerry Strong to Spring Hill.  ;) 

• LOL! 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

16 hours ago, Dawgman said:

Get your life boat ready, Strong is actually in the final 2 along with a former Bulldog DC.

No way, really? 

Oh man, the Smoaky forum would melt down if that happened.  :woot:

• LOL! 2

So, Dillon, don’t keep us hanging. Did Stepp give you so names? 

7 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

Stepp says final 3 are current east tx head coach. East texas assistant with head coach experience.  And former dfw head coach. 

So now that Coach Lovier has taken over the reins at SH, who will he bring with him? Any idea who will be the OC and DC? Or will he just keep the ones already on staff? Most of the time when a new guy comes he is able to both some help with him. 

I know the previous DC has left (or is leaving), so he will need to fill that position. Not sure about the others. I would think he will evaluate and speak with the current coaches and decide afterwards about making changes, but bringing in his own staff would make sense. There are some changes that need to be made in both boys and girls athletics, IMO. We will see.

• Mr. P changed the title to UPDATE: Spring Hill hires Jonny Louvier
6 hours ago, SHillBuckeye said:

I know the previous DC has left (or is leaving), so he will need to fill that position. Not sure about the others. I would think he will evaluate and speak with the current coaches and decide afterwards about making changes, but bringing in his own staff would make sense. There are some changes that need to be made in both boys and girls athletics, IMO. We will see.

Isn’t the DC also the baseball coach? If so he has not left. Maybe he will, but not yet.