2019 Marshall Maverick Thread

Mavchamp

3 hours ago, randomuser said:

MavChamp, there’s a kid I coached in HS that played at ETBU and was hired at Marshall. His name is a Chuck Williams, does he coach at the Jr Hi or HS?

Not sure....I'll have to find out.  The name doesn't ring a bell for me.  

On 3/2/2019 at 12:40 PM, Mavchamp said:

We got a big announcement coming...... heard it from 3 different sources.  None of them will spill the beans.  But something big.

I'm not in the know this time.  But it's apparently huge.  I'm anxious to find out.

MISD also switching to Under armour equipment.

----------

I've been told the money raising for Project 1 of the legacy program (weight room upgrades) is either completed or near completion ($315,000).  Should be in place in the next couple of months as they had hoped.  Is this is in fact true...wow.  That was a lot in a hurry.  Congrats to all involved! 

If what I’m hearing is true there’s about to be a big time hire on the coaching staff.....

School board meeting next Monday.

Rob Phillips from Northland Christian School in Houston will be named the new strength and conditioning coach.  Pretty exciting addition to have.  He will be in charge of male and female athletes.

I believe a DC will be named.  Actually heard 2 names on this one....so I'm not sure which one is correct.  One is coming from a 6A school that was in the semi-finals in 2017.   Other is from a 4A school here in East Texas.  Won't toss any names out there since I'm not sure which one is correct.

Pretty happy to see hardly any turnover in the staff from the former coach's departure. 

---------

Athletic department switching to Under Armour and will be using BSN as well.

---------

Not sure what this is about..... heard some rumors.  Nothing more.  Going to see what I can find out this week.

2 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

School board meeting next Monday.

Rob Phillips from Northland Christian School in Houston will be named the new strength and conditioning coach.  Pretty exciting addition to have.  He will be in charge of male and female athletes.

I believe a DC will be named.  Actually heard 2 names on this one....so I'm not sure which one is correct.  One is coming from a 6A school that was in the semi-finals in 2017.   Other is from a 4A school here in East Texas.  Won't toss any names out there since I'm not sure which one is correct.

Pretty happy to see hardly any turnover in the staff from the former coach's departure. 

---------

Athletic department switching to Under Armour and will be using BSN as well.

---------

Not sure what this is about..... heard some rumors.  Nothing more.  Going to see what I can find out this week.

So the DC left? Didn’t he apply for the job too? Not unusual for that to happen though.

3 minutes ago, randomuser said:

So the DC left? Didn’t he apply for the job too? Not unusual for that to happen though.

He's a fantastic coach.  I hate to see him go...... wish him nothing but the best.  

School board will likely hire the DC this evening. Been told they are going with the 6A guy instead of the 4A guy.  Will have to wait and see.  Seems like that will be about the only coaching change from the former coach’s departure.  

Strength and conditioning coach arrives this week.  

Possible announcemet today or this week.  No idea what it is.  It’s been under wraps for almost 2 weeks.  Possible large donation to the legacy campaign. 

Ill post more when I get the news. 🤘🏼

4 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

That weight room still looks good.  The different staffs throughout the years since i was there (10-11 years ago) have done a great job of maintaining it from the looks of this picture.

Has had several facelifts since it opened in 2004 I believe..... and will be getting a big upgrade with the Legacy Campaign.   

They will be putting another workout area in the school for the basketball, volleyball, etc programs from what I understand.  Still working on getting the money raised.

Coach Griedl named Quinton Harlan as his defensive coordinator. He was approved by the school board last night. 

Coach Harlan comes from Waco Midway where he served as the Co-DC and defensive tackles coach for the Panthers. 

He was part of the staff that lead Midway to the 6A Div II state title game in 2017. 

Welcome coach Harlan!! 

• Like 1