2019 Marshall Maverick Thread

Mavchamp

1 hour ago, The Real Mavfan said:

I would personally have us starting out the season #5 behind both Lufkin and Carthage with the opportunity to move up.

To me, it depends on how they considered the rankings.......1) Not considering the enrollment, just who can beat who......2) Take into account size of school, and rank how they compare in their own classification. 

Well.... the first step in the big historical upgrade of the site is finally here.

https://www.marshallmavericks.net/history-1

First off..... a HUGE thank you to @burrows for continuing what I started a million years ago.  He's not only added a ton of games I didn't have.... but he also put it into a format that's much more pleasing to the eye.  He deserves all the praise for this.

He's also added a lot of dates of games, where they were played, and some interesting facts about games (which I hope to add as this grows).  Lots of interesting stories attached to some of those old time games.

Anyhow.... I'm thrilled to get it posted.  Again...I owe a ton to him for getting this formatted like it is.

Enjoy Mav Nation...... pretty excited and proud of this addition!

GO MAVS GO!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Well.... the first step in the big historical upgrade of the site is finally here.

https://www.marshallmavericks.net/history-1

First off..... a HUGE thank you to @burrows for continuing what I started a million years ago.  He's not only added a ton of games I didn't have.... but he also put it into a format that's much more pleasing to the eye.  He deserves all the praise for this.

He's also added a lot of dates of games, where they were played, and some interesting facts about games (which I hope to add as this grows).  Lots of interesting stories attached to some of those old time games.

Anyhow.... I thrilled to get it posted.  Again...I owe a ton to him for getting this formatted like it is.

Enjoy Mav Nation...... pretty excited and proud of this addition!

GO MAVS GO!

Thanks @Mavchamp!

Although challenging, it's been a lot of fun and I still have work to do on getting dates and locations for those that are missing. A lot of old newspaper reading for sure but there's been a lot learned with more ahead! 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

I know they have been power washing areas under the stadium.    

I’m sure they plan to do the stands too.  But I’ll ask around to see. 

Thanks Mavchamp. I know it was brought up at the Booster meeting recently. It would make such a huge impact. You can see the filthy concrete from across the field.  It will really stand out once the new track is installed.

The school board has done an outstanding job of getting things done at MHS since the completion of the bond projects.

Every student in MISD K-8th is in a brand new school.  Not many school districts can say that.

MISD has been chipping away at the needs at MHS the last 3 years.  About $35M in work was needed.  They have put in about $10M in the last couple of years.  Still about $25M to go. 

But a piece at a time will work unless they decided to try a small bond to get it all done at once (my personal hope).

They will get to Maverick Stadium.... the Pressbox last season was the first part.  It's on the list.  I've heard it said several times. 

They didn't get to it this year....but they will.

It'll be worth the wait when they do. Just like all those new schools were.

JMHO.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Gramps said:

Has anyone made an effort to power wash the stands yet. I know new logos have gone up, new track, new signs but if they stands aren't cleaned it will be like putting lipstick on a goat, it's still a goat!

Power washing can make a tremendous difference! At Alto we did every inch of our home and visitors stands, ramps, etc last summer AND all the concrete (including the plaques we have for championship teams). Couldn’t believe the difference. I have tons of before and after pictures because you just don’t realize what a little high pressure water (non-tornado related! Ha) aimed at metal and concrete can do to make things look new again! Here are some examples. 👍

Wishing Marshall a great season! MavChamp, I enjoy your thread. 

0E409247-964F-4AE6-A269-CF132D9674BA.jpeg

12270874-72F0-44AD-A0A6-F3AEE62179EA.jpeg

C2FDB537-D0F9-4A9B-8BFE-1832C0D0C6CD.jpeg

• Like 2