Clarksville boys basketball DQ’d from playoffs

footballjunky

3 hours ago, Jamalious said:

they don wont none

Whatever that means, I don't think they were afraid to play Big Sandy. Who knows if they could have beat BS for the 4th year as Big Sandy is on a roll this year. Sad thing is the Clarksville kids earned the right to play it out on the court

34 minutes ago, JV_COACH said:

no,they did not! one of the kids was ineligible

The release from CISD says this was an adult issue, not the kids

From the office of the CISD Superintendent:

Many of you have already heard the news of the Clarksville ISD basketball team not advancing in this year’s playoffs. I have just left the High School campus where I gathered all of our kids together to talk about what has occurred and more importantly the lesson to be learned from this. I am so proud of our CISD athletes and their school peers who support them. My feelings overflow today with the degree of admiration that I have for them as they well understood why the decision was made to remove ourselves from the playoff picture. The district works to align itself with all the UIL rules and regulations and when the oversight was brought to our attention—we owned it and made the decision to not play in the next game on our own. This is not a student issue; this is instead an oversight by adults. Several have asked who reported the incident and I have to wonder why the question needs be answered. The individual and the institution they represent did what they felt was the right thing to do. I shared with our students today that the adults and students within CISD will not spend any time pointing the finger at who reported the incident. The adults in CISD will begin and end this with a close look at ourselves only.

Winning is indeed important and will always be valued here, yet CISD and its students will always choose to win with a high-sense of integrity and I felt like our like our kids really understood that today and I am proud of them for it.

• 2 weeks later...