LE Open?

mrclean69

1 minute ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

Just to be accurate EAST TEXAS wise (schools that we constantly mention here), per the FBI in 2018 - the most dangerous cities in TEXAS:

29. Paris

28. Center

19. Gilmer

9.  Lone Star/Daingerfield

6.  Texarkana

5.  Cuero

whether Cuero is or isn't ET, we talk about the Gobblers constantly...maybe people are killing each others turkeys? So, there ya go...straight from the kings of crime fighting!

I am really surprised that Tyler is not on that list. lived down in that area for a few years and that was all I ever heard about or seen on the news.

13 minutes ago, supermaroon said:

I am really surprised that Tyler is not on that list. lived down in that area for a few years and that was all I ever heard about or seen on the news.

13 minutes ago, supermaroon said:

Longview, too

20 Most Dangerous Cities In Texas
FBI Uniform Crime Report

What are the most dangerous cities in Texas? To get the inside scoop on the cities in Texas with the highest crime rates, we consulted the most recent FBI Uniform Crime Report to find out what areas of Texas are the most dangerous. Our rankings are based solely on the data publicly released each year by the FBI. A crime is a crime, so we took both violent and property crimes into account when compiling our list of Texas’ most dangerous cities. We realize that this topic is inherently controversial in nature and hits close to home. We are aware that there are many different ways to present this data, but when compiling this list we chose to consider not just murder rate, but both violent and property crimes.

1. Weslaco, TX

2. Texarkana, TX

3. Lufkin, TX

4. Edinburg, TX

5. San Antonio, TX

6. Lubbock, TX

7. Houston, TX

8. Beaumont, TX

9. Paris, TX

10. Corsicana, TX

11. Galveston, TX

12. Austin, TX

13. Longview, TX

14. San Benito, TX

15. Hurst, TX

16. Harlingen, TX

17. Lancaster, TX

18. Laredo, TX

19. Waco, TX

20. Tyler, TX

30 minutes ago, Cougar12345 said:

20 Most Dangerous Cities In Texas
FBI Uniform Crime Report

What are the most dangerous cities in Texas? To get the inside scoop on the cities in Texas with the highest crime rates, we consulted the most recent FBI Uniform Crime Report to find out what areas of Texas are the most dangerous. Our rankings are based solely on the data publicly released each year by the FBI. A crime is a crime, so we took both violent and property crimes into account when compiling our list of Texas’ most dangerous cities. We realize that this topic is inherently controversial in nature and hits close to home. We are aware that there are many different ways to present this data, but when compiling this list we chose to consider not just murder rate, but both violent and property crimes.

1. Weslaco, TX

2. Texarkana, TX

3. Lufkin, TX

4. Edinburg, TX

5. San Antonio, TX

6. Lubbock, TX

7. Houston, TX

8. Beaumont, TX

9. Paris, TX

10. Corsicana, TX

11. Galveston, TX

12. Austin, TX

13. Longview, TX

14. San Benito, TX

15. Hurst, TX

16. Harlingen, TX

17. Lancaster, TX

18. Laredo, TX

19. Waco, TX

20. Tyler, TX

of course this information is from 2010 and the information I posted was from the FBI 2018...things get updated year-to-year with those agencies so they can adjust as needed.

15 hours ago, Jerryhawk111 said:

That’d be a great hire! Which makes me worry they won’t do that 😒

Programs are always worried about giving a coordinator a shot. Some programs would rather hire a losing AD than a good coordinator. Surely LE will get some quality applicants that are HC somewhere and they'll probably go with that. Not saying DC at Carthage wouldn't be a great hire. Just the way those people think. 

• Like 1

On 4/5/2019 at 10:31 AM, Jerryhawk111 said:

I actually look for them to go with experience- barry bowman, Barry norton, someone whose been around

What kind of experience are you talking about with those two??

5 hours ago, LibertyEylau92 said:

We need someone younger imo and Barry Norton has it made on the other side of town I doubt he’d leave A-High plus after Surratt left T-High they were pretty mediocre.. just my opinion!!

Norton has been in playoffs like 17 years in a row. Bowman won two or three state championships. I think Barry would be a good hire. Bowman, too.

3 hours ago, 68Hornet said:

Norton has been in playoffs like 17 years in a row. Bowman won two or three state championships. I think Barry would be a good hire. Bowman, too.

Of course you would.. two guys on the brink of retirement.. is making the playoffs is just the target now a days? In that case just hire within the program, or it’s best to keep underachieving. LE has the talent to win 10 games a year or more, Bowman hasn’t done much without those 4 or 5 D1 players at a very small school, kids who grew up together I’m sure they never lost much throughout middle school thru high school!!

of course with sports/"activities" not having near the importance or financing in Arkansas that they do in Texas, Norton and his crew has had an opportunity to see that if a salary "near" was offered with a good schedule where he could get his guys back here with...then he'd probably like to try and make LE the top Texarkana "place to be". I'm sure it bugs him some that PG is building something to compare with his Texarkana legend.

14 minutes ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

of course with sports/"activities" not having near the importance or financing in Arkansas that they do in Texas, Norton and his crew has had an opportunity to see that if a salary "near" was offered with a good schedule where he could get his guys back here with...then he'd probably like to try and make LE the top Texarkana "place to be". I'm sure it bugs him some that PG is building something to compare with his Texarkana legend.

Norton is "double dipping" with his Texas retirement check and his Salary from Arkansas High. I'm sure he will ride that pony as long as he can. Then he will retire in Arkansas and get two significant retirement checks.