LE Open?

mrclean69

16 hours ago, LibertyEylau92 said:

??? Heck it’s one not even a few miles away lol, but who are you talking about? If I may ask lol

We might not be talking about the same guy, Im talking about Connot from Rivercrest hes young, full of energy and won at 2 different places where no one ever wins. But I don't know what direction LE is looking or if Connot is even interested in leaving Rivercrest he may love it there.

5 hours ago, supermaroon said:

We might not be talking about the same guy, Im talking about Connot from Rivercrest hes young, full of energy and won at 2 different places where no one ever wins. But I don't know what direction LE is looking or if Connot is even interested in leaving Rivercrest he may love it there.

Not a chance he will get it!!!

46 minutes ago, Hogman2018 said:

Not a chance he will get it!!!

I didn't say he would or that he even applied it was just a thought he has done a great job with lesser talent. LE said they wanted someone young, with energy. He is a North East Texas guy so Texarkana might be somewhere that would be appealing to him.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, supermaroon said:

Never heard of him interesting tho it’s worth a google lol

L-E begins search for Wells’ replacement

Thompson indicated the dual position is posted. He emphasized there is no timeline on finding Wells’ replacement.

“It’s a truly open position and we’ll be screening applicants, and moving forward with interviews,” said Thompson. “We’re going to look for the right candidate. Obviously, we want to get the right fit more than anything, and get it right. We don’t want to rush through it.”

An interim will not be named.

“The different head coaches know that,” added Thompson. “Certain individuals have responsibilities. We had a district track meet coming up at L-E, and there will be somebody in charge of that.

Wells was the 10th head football coach at Liberty-Eylau since 1956.

“Counting my student teaching, it’s been 30 years, and it’s time for a break,” concluded Wells. “The future for L-E in football looks good. I think they’re really fixing to be good. I’m proud of what we’ve accomplished at L-E.”

22 hours ago, randomuser said:

That would be a con, who WANTS to live in Texarkana?

I've lived all over the state and love living in the Texarkana area. It has all the benefits of a larger town, such as any type of eating establishments one would want, lots of places to shop and all without the big city traffic. Close enough to go to great places in Arkansas and Oklahoma for weekend trips and cost of living is a lot less than the metro mess around Dallas. Guess it's different strokes for different folks.    

• Like 2

9 hours ago, blesseddaily said:

I've lived all over the state and love living in the Texarkana area. It has all the benefits of a larger town, such as any type of eating establishments one would want, lots of places to shop and all without the big city traffic. Close enough to go to great places in Arkansas and Oklahoma for weekend trips and cost of living is a lot less than the metro mess around Dallas. Guess it's different strokes for different folks.    

+ one million

On 4/2/2019 at 4:14 PM, Jerryhawk111 said:

First 2 have connections/experience/success as assistants there. Davis is a bit of a reach I’ll admit. Especially after what just happened 

Hooker just got let go, and Baysinger has had a less than successful AD career. Smackover got better when he left and QC got worse (which is saying something). Davis just got fired for not being able to literally do his job... not saying the whole list is a joke, but LE is at this point one of the best jobs open in the state. Arguably the best 4A job. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, blesseddaily said:

Texarkana IS PRETTY NICE...traffic is great (compared to any of the metro areas or Tyler even, which is terrible in the last 10 years)...would definitely help it to be closer to DFW (by 50 miles) in many ways, but you can't move a town...BUT as for eating establishments, NO there are not ANY KIND OF TYPE OF FOOD. If you want the same Mexican food or pizza or tons of chicken places or "the steak houses" awesome, bang...and a handful of local "eateries" that are nice cool...if you've lived all over and like all types of cuisine, then NO, you have to trapse to DFW/Little Rock/Tyler <-- (sadly for this last one). Texarkana has definitely done so many things in the last 25 years to incredibly transform the town (that interstate area, near the mall, etc)...the schools (all levels)...thumbs up.

9 minutes ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

Texarkana IS PRETTY NICE...traffic is great (compared to any of the metro areas or Tyler even, which is terrible in the last 10 years)...would definitely help it to be closer to DFW (by 50 miles) in many ways, but you can't move a town...BUT as for eating establishments, NO there are not ANY KIND OF TYPE OF FOOD. If you want the same Mexican food or pizza or tons of chicken places or "the steak houses" awesome, bang...and a handful of local "eateries" that are nice cool...if you've lived all over and like all types of cuisine, then NO, you have to trapse to DFW/Little Rock/Tyler <-- (sadly for this last one). Texarkana has definitely done so many things in the last 25 years to incredibly transform the town (that interstate area, near the mall, etc)...the schools (all levels)...thumbs up.

And if you're an adrenaline junkie it is constantly ranked as one of the most dangerous cities in Texas. High in violent crime rate will keep you on your toes, and on slow weeks you can stop by the Raceway on state line for your average robbery, car theft, or shooting.   

• LOL! 1

Just to be accurate EAST TEXAS wise (schools that we constantly mention here), per the FBI in 2018 - the most dangerous cities in TEXAS:

29. Paris

28. Center

21. Naples/Pewitt

19. Gilmer

9.  Lone Star/Daingerfield

6.  Texarkana

5.  Cuero

whether Cuero is or isn't ET, we talk about the Gobblers constantly...maybe people are killing each others turkeys? So, there ya go...straight from the kings of crime fighting!

Edited by CoachPelvisPresley
Sorry, my mistake I had totally brain locked on where Naples was...out there between Texarkana/Hughes Springs/Avinger/Daingerfield, etc