LE Open?

mrclean69

2 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

the thing about that salary article, spreadsheet only listed 400 or so schools and cherry picked etc for salaries. there may be 25 salaries over and dang near $150k now around Texas around Austin/Houston/DFW...accuracy is only as good as the person putting the info together...and that guy is the weekend cartoon dude (seriously). 

So true.

12 hours ago, HomerT said:

you are definitely wrong buddy . I know 4 guaranteed applicants and many more than 13 were received 😂

Believe what you want to! My cousin is on the board !! Do you even know who got interviews??Give you a hint on a couple of them none of these has ever been a Head Coach!! One from Texas High one from Hallsville and another from Henderson not gonna give names. But you said I wrong buddy that's all I got to say

32 minutes ago, Hogman2018 said:

Believe what you want to! My cousin is on the board !! Do you even know who got interviews??Give you a hint on a couple of them none of these has ever been a Head Coach!! One from Texas High one from Hallsville and another from Henderson not gonna give names. But you said I wrong buddy that's all I got to say

Where does that prove 13 applicants ? lol . Trust me, I know wayyy more than you think lmao. I can name every guy you just listed and   Some

18 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

12-3 18

Austin Lake Travis’ Hank Carter is the highest-paid coach in the state at $158,512. He and Austin Westlake’s Todd Dodge are the only coaches in the state to make over $150,000.

It's online that Scott Surratt at Carthage is the second highest paid coach in Texas

9 hours ago, 68Hornet said:

It's online that Scott Surratt at Carthage is the second highest paid coach in Texas

The article talking about Coach Surratt's salary may have been accurate at the time and/or it may have been accurate for the information the writer could get. The writer may have referenced the salary list we saw from the Ft Worth Star Telegram, which is less than 20% of the schools in the state. The author had cherry picked certain schools instead of simply getting the UIL coach salary index (had always been available). 

As for Carthage/Surratt's salary having nothing to do w/ the LE position. It's true, I would imagine LE will be trying to pay in the neighborhood of $80-85k.

12 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

I’ve been on two hiring committees at schools that were definitely not as appealing as LE and we had close to 80 apps both times. Pretty sure LE got that many if not more. 

I was told by a school board member that Cooper had 130+ applicants last year when it was open. Surely Cooper can't be more appealing than LE.

2 minutes ago, supermaroon said:

I was told by a school board member that Cooper had 130+ applicants last year when it was open. Surely Cooper can't be more appealing than LE.

No, but it is infinitely more obtainable in most applicants eyes. L-E is seen as an upper tier job and that usually limits the candidate pool.

• Like 1

yes, the stronger/higher level (pressure) the job the fewer candidates you should have, because they will weed themselves out prior to applying. the candidate should in the process start to question the wisdom of going through the process because if they haven't "crossed the bridges" at any other levels where they've fought off the wolves then it'll be tough to even make it through "the process" appropriately if the school is actually dotting i's and crossing t's. I would think should be a successful HC smaller to close proximity in size or coordinator of same or bigger that's had success and is wanting to make that jump.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 68Hornet said:

Your not reading the whole thread. I copied this for you and some others. It's the truth.

The thing about that salary article, spreadsheet only listed 400 or so schools and cherry picked etc for salaries. there may be 25 salaries over and dang near $150k now around Texas around Austin/Houston/DFW...accuracy is only as good as the person putting the info together...and that guy is the weekend cartoon dude (seriously). 

Scott Surratt is definitely one of the highest paid coaches in Texas, that can be said. Where he is ranked, who knows and really...who cares...maybe the people of Carthage who are paying over $150K when they are in a school budget crunch, per their own article. Yes, he is helping bring in $$$ and only the folks there can decide if it's worth over $20K extra per year (the raise he got).