Class 3A (D-II)

BoyzNdaHood

1 minute ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Dude you were thrown in there with that 3-7 record. 

Yea, duh. It just struck me as funny. 

Btw, New Diana has won a playoff game more recently than PP has...I believe. That's why ND can talk a LITTLE smack, chief. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fblife13 said:

You didn't upset me at all. It was just funny to me because of how far off I think your prediction was. Just for the fact of pp hasn't added anything to make me believe otherwise. It's going to be, Dfield. Ef. And a tight race between waskom and pewitt for third and fourth.

I know I'm just messing with you but I just heard PP lost a good player to another school, we lost out jr high stud to Chapel Hill

On 6/21/2019 at 5:54 PM, NATUREBOY98 said:

I remember once along time ago you were high on the Abron hire Fb. What happened? I guarantee you if he was your coach number 7 wouldn’t be far away. He works wonders with a fairly bare cabinet. No telling what he’d do with what’s in Daingerfields kitchen. 

It wasn't a knock on abron at all.thefact of the matter is the lack of talent.this is a good district and you have to have athletes to compete.

6 hours ago, Purpleforever said:

To me Newton is a dark horse, they graduated a lot of talent and lost a great coach. But if their defense can hold Silsbee down things could change.

Newton is in no way, shape,or form a dark horse for 3a d2. The polls still have the figs ranked#1.

21 minutes ago, Fblife13 said:

Newton is in no way, shape,or form a dark horse for 3a d2. The polls still have the figs ranked#1.

Just because the polls have them ranked #1 means nothing. Proof is in the pudding. This could be a great year or a dismal failure, time will tell. I care nothing about the rankings. Being ranked #1 and getting your rear handed to you won't get you anything other than I told you they would ####.

9 hours ago, Purpleforever said:

To me Newton is a dark horse, they graduated a lot of talent and lost a great coach. But if their defense can hold Silsbee down things could change.

Lost a great coach yes but the coach now as been in the job for the last few years. 

Daingerfield will be in the mix, that's for sure.  Just dont know where yet.  Newton is Newton, they will be there waiting for us. To be the big dog  you got to beat the big dog.  I dont see Newton falling off their thrown yet.  Going to be a fun season for sure.  Just will have to wait and see.

Daingerfield is going to have to improve on Defense (a lot) to compete with the likes of Gunter, and Newton.  Just saying...   Coach is going to have to have them young men up for every game in District. 4 teams will fight it out. Not making any predictions yet

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Purpleforever said:

Just because the polls have them ranked #1 means nothing. Proof is in the pudding. This could be a great year or a dismal failure, time will tell. I care nothing about the rankings. Being ranked #1 and getting your rear handed to you won't get you anything other than I told you they would ####.

Put it any way you want.but Newton is not a dark horse. That's just ridiculous to even say.

25 minutes ago, Purpleforever said:

So you think they are going to win state again, while walking through region three?

Sigh. So do you even understand what being a dark horse means?? It's a team that no one is expecting to be in the mix of things come playoff time or having much success at all, but surprising everyone and going beyond the expectations. No one with any sense would be shocked,or surprised if Newton is successful this year with a good playoff run. Newton Is NOT A DARK HORSE IN 3A D2. am I taking crazy pills.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

13 hours ago, Fblife13 said:

Sigh. So do you even understand what being a dark horse means?? It's a team that no one is expecting to be in the mix of things come playoff time or having much success at all, but surprising everyone and going beyond the expectations. No one with any sense would be shocked,or surprised if Newton is successful this year with a good playoff run. Newton Is NOT A DARK HORSE IN 3A D2. am I taking crazy pills.

Dark Horse- An entrant in a contest judged unlikely to succeed. The contest, state championship. In my opinion with the loss of talent and new coaches they are unlikely to succeed in winning a state championship. Will they get in the playoffs, yes. Will they win District, probably. Will they win State, unlikely but possible. I am not the only one that thinks this. Will they beat DF or even get the chance ?

13 hours ago, Fblife13 said:

What is our district prediction? 

2 hours ago, Purpleforever said:

Dark Horse- An entrant in a contest judged unlikely to succeed. The contest, state championship. In my opinion with the loss of talent and new coaches they are unlikely to succeed in winning a state championship. Will they get in the playoffs, yes. Will they win District, probably. Will they win State, unlikely but possible. I am not the only one that thinks this. Will they beat DF or even get the chance ?

Rd 3 and we'll see but that's a ways off

1 hour ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

#3 going to be yalls qb etf? Is he the front runner as of right now? I know he has tremendous speed but will his height be a factor since you guys chunk it a lot. You got great wide receivers. Ones a D 1 recruit I know. 15 I think is his number. 

He is QB1 

#18 is the D1 recruit

#15 will be one of the top rb in BeastTx

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Purpleforever said:

Lmao.your right newton is definitely a dark horse. 

20 hours ago, EastTxFinest said:

He is QB1 

#18 is the D1 recruit

#15 will be one of the top rb in BeastTx

Which one is the QB1/#3 you are referring to? I know someone said yall had 2 QB's taking snaps at QB during 7on7. I saw 2 kids play QB in 7on7 also. One is a little shorter than the other and is more stocky, stronger looking build. The other was a little taller and more lanky build.  

22 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

Which one is the QB1/#3 you are referring to? I know someone said yall had 2 QB's taking snaps at QB during 7on7. I saw 2 kids play QB in 7on7 also. One is a little shorter than the other and is more stocky, stronger looking build. The other was a little taller and more lanky build.  

Yeah he will be #3 in regular season idk what # he is wearing in 7 on 7. The other is a sophomore. They're both good. #3 is fast and quick plus he can sling it pretty good