UPDATE: Tatum hires Lufkin DC Jason Holman

tntcoach

Great guy and a great coach. Wish him nothing but the best in his future journey. He did love it here which is why it is a shock to all of us. Hate to see him go. Looking forward to see who we bring in to replace him. 

3 hours ago, TripandUno said:

There are no red flags. He loved TISD and our kids as much as we loved him. Sadness is an understatement. But all of TISD wishes he and his family the best after giving his best to us the past 3 years 💚

It's not so much this specific situation that would cause red flags, but combine this was their weirdness of last May and there's a bit of a pattern beginning to develop that is at minimum noteworthy, especially considering the past stability in Tatum...maybe its nothing, I'm on the outside of the situation.....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

Correct me if Im wrong but didn't he have a really young team last season? Lots of returning starters from a pretty good playoff team should give the new coach a chance to hit the ground running.

Tatum is always "young" it seems. ☕🤷🏾‍♂️

4 hours ago, 6922 said:

IMHO interested parties need to do their homework on the Supt. 

Dr. Richardson is a great man, he’s not the problem. People don’t realize the stress and constant work it is being an AD. It takes a toll eventually, good luck to Coach Hy at his new place. Don’t think new coach is on staff can’t see any of them minus maybe one being offered it 

• Like 1

Don’t be surprised if maybe a ex raider gets a look?  They screwd up when they didn’t hire him the first time🏈.  If not him. I bet the next best thing Is a Wildcat. Doubt he would get in that mess. Or take a yellow jacket. Everyone loves a yellow jacket 👊

14 hours ago, MattStepp said:

It's not so much this specific situation that would cause red flags, but combine this was their weirdness of last May and there's a bit of a pattern beginning to develop that is at minimum noteworthy, especially considering the past stability in Tatum...maybe its nothing, I'm on the outside of the situation.....

rule.jpg

Raider - Frazier (now selling insurance)

Wildcat - Keeling (nah)

Yellowjacket - Ford (now he would probably do really well in Tatum)

* PSA all interested contestants need to ask a lot of questions about the supt 

• Like 1
  • Stinks 2

1 hour ago, 6922 said:

Raider - Frazier (now selling insurance)

Wildcat - Keeling (nah)

Yellowjacket - Ford (now he would probably do really well in Tatum)

* PSA all interested contestants need to ask a lot of questions about the supt 

Sounds like someone has a vendetta against Supt!  Was told by someone who talked to Hylander that Supt offered him everything to stay.  Said could bring in other coaches, wife a job, could step down and be DC to just keep him at school.  That does not sound like Supt is the problem. 

Also everyone said same stuff before about how he was gonna bring in his guy.  But look what he did, he kept the best man at the time for the job.  Hylander was loved by the staff, kids and community.  He chose to give him the chance because it was what was best for the kids.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, 6922 said:

No vendetta, just know a bit about him. Didn't say he didn't like or want to keep the HC, just do your homework. Everyone gets an opinion 

If not a vendetta, why do you continue to post your negative opinion about Dr. Richardson? I do believe people on this site are smart enough to understand what you meant by your initial post on the subject. Read the article. Doesn't sound to me like Coach's decision had anything to do with Dr. Richardson and @Eagleborn is correct. Any coach thinking about applying will do their homework. 

You are correct, you do have a right to an opinion, but last I heard continuing to bash someone personally on this site isn't allowed. 

• Like 3

I have not continued to bash anyone. Guru suggested I had a vendetta and I just stated I didn't and that coaches should do their homework. I also never said the HC leaving was about the supt. Touchy are we? 

• Like 3
  • LOL! 2

• Mr. P changed the title to UPDATE: Tatum hires Lufkin DC Jason Holman