UPDATE: Tatum hires Lufkin DC Jason Holman

tntcoach

On 4/24/2019 at 10:56 AM, dillonpanthers said:

Read the DC went to spring hill. What about the oc?

Doubtful he returns either. And yes, Joslin is a great coach SH is getting a great dude.  Last day to put in apps today!

• Like 1

Surely whoever they hire will keep the current staff in place (or at least mostly) for another year?  Seems late in the game trying to fill all of the teaching holes that would be left if you tried to start over.

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 11:53 AM, dillonpanthers said:

OC is interviewing at Clarksville 

This just tells me that they no who they are hiring and they are bringing there intire staff

with them. If its true we are losing OC and DC or there is a lot of problems going on

in the interior.????

Just now, mightyeagle said:

This just tells me that they no who they are hiring and they are bringing there intire staff

with them. If its true we are losing OC and DC or there is a lot of problems going on

in the interior.????

Or he wants to be an AD and it isn’t happening in Tatum

31 minutes ago, ronnyham said:

Or he wants to be an AD and it isn’t happening in Tatum

Correct. He wants the AD position and apparently hasn’t been AD/HC before therefore he didn’t meet the requirements for the position, but as far as I know, he wanted to remain in Tatum as OC but with a new coach coming in, his job as OC is in question. So I don’t blame him for applying for the Clarksville AD job. That’s the same for any remaining Tatum coaches that are moving on. Who’s to say that the coaches that are still in Tatum will retain their position when a new HC comes in. It’s kinda silly for someone to say that there are problems in the interior. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

That’s the same for any remaining Tatum coaches that are moving on. Who’s to say that the coaches that are still in Tatum will retain their position when a new HC comes in. It’s kinda silly for someone to say that there are problems in the interior. 

Yeah...  don't know squat about Tatum, but that's a given in just about any regime change. Whether you're talking about Leverett's Chapel six-man or the friggin' Patriots. Any new guy worth his salt is gonna want his people in key positions. 

1 minute ago, AKA said:

Yeah...  don't know squat about Tatum, but that's a given in just about any regime change. Whether you're talking about Leverett's Chapel six-man or the friggin' Patriots. Any new guy worth his salt is gonna want his people in key positions. 

Yep. This late in the year, it would be a little crazy to turn down a for sure job in hopes that the new HC would keep you. I don’t blame anyone that has left or applied somewhere else. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, AKA said:

Hope he has a good track record

On 4/24/2019 at 1:26 PM, McLovin said:

Not sure if mentioned, but Keeling is a name to keep an eye on

Anything can happen but I think Keeling will stay in Waskom, his son will be on varsity next year and can play at Waskom but would have a hard time in Tatum plus his daughter will have her first year as on varsity cheerleader. My understanding he wants to stay in Waskom until his teenagers graduate. 

4 hours ago, AKA said:

AD is going to be able to bring in his coordinators...has to keep rest of staff at least for next season.

12 minutes ago, McLovin said:

AD is going to be able to bring in his coordinators...has to keep rest of staff at least for next season.

Sounds about right, especially considering how late in the year it is. 

• Mr. P changed the title to UPDATE: Tatum hires Lufkin DC Jason Holman