Craig Jones-Kirbyville

You are Correct. Craig Jones's teams will be better Prepared that any other team they will face.

This Man Can Coach and it's a shame that we up here in Texarkana will not get the chance to watch his sons play.

Good Luck to the Wildcats and Get ya a STATE TITLE!!!!

40 minutes ago, RoughnedOdorsRightHook said:

Yea nothing like forcing out a coach who built the program so you can reap the benefits 

You are correct in this Statement.

Cowboy built the PG Baseball Program and these guys up here show NO RESPECT at all.

This up bunch here now  in PG will  NEVER do what Cowboy and His teams did in going to STATE 6 YEARS IN A ROW!!!

Let that sink in. 

• Like 1

PG has been and always will be good.  He was very successful their but life is what it is and he moved on and so has PG.   The man wins wherever he goes that can never be taken away from him. Good for PG good for Coach Jones.  Some people just need to let go and move on.  Good luck to Kirbyville in Round Rock!

4 hours ago, ViewFromAfar said:

Sounds to me like somebody's Little Johnny was put on the bench by Coach Jones and daddy wants to bash the coach on the internet.

Exactly!!! 

21 minutes ago, RoughnedOdorsRightHook said:

jones was the assistant, got hired as ad and reassigned bennett to jh naming himself hd baseball coach

also i dont live in kirbyville, just what i know to have happened

Here's kinda a run down of his coaching career. Also, if I remember right the sup asked him to be the baseball coach as well as football and AD.

Kirbyville announces new athletic director - Midland Reporter-Telegram

On 6/3/2019 at 3:16 PM, Sportsfanatic1 said:

So he was forced out at PG?

My memory is kinda blurry on this..... but I think he and the AD at PG didn’t see eye to eye on some things (like baseball players opting out of football).... and he got in a little hot water off the field. IIRC, Jones wasn’t really forced out.... he walked away. And he is one of, if not the best baseball coach in Texas, IMO.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2019 at 9:34 AM, RoughnedOdorsRightHook said:

Yea nothing like forcing out a coach who built the program so you can reap the benefits 

I've heard this very thing from a hell of alot of folks that are from Kirbyville. Bennett was at Beaumont United but got hired by Neece at Anahuac recently. 

5 hours ago, Aggie98 said:

My memory is kinda blurry on this..... but I think he and the AD at PG didn’t see eye to eye on some things (like baseball players opting out of football).... and he got in a little hot water off the field. IIRC, Jones wasn’t really forced out.... he walked away. And he is one of, if not the best baseball coach in Texas, IMO.

Times kind of coincide at PG...he leaves, and they start playing for and winning state championships in football. Don’t get me wrong he’s obviously a good baseball coach, but don’t mess with football in Texas. If memory serves me correct the Carthage baseball coach that won a few state titles several years back got shown the door for discouraging kids from playing football. So this Jones dude is also the head football coach at Kirbyville? They had a terrible year huh?

17 hours ago, Aggie98 said:

No doubt about it. He didn't reap any benefits. He may have made some good baseball players "better". He turned PG into a powerhouse. 6 straight state tournaments in a row. Super impressive!

2 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

No doubt about it. He didn't reap any benefits. He may have made some good baseball players "better". He turned PG into a powerhouse. 6 straight state tournaments in a row. Super impressive!

dont get me wrong, not saying he isnt a great coach, just how he came about the job in the first place is a little underhanded

Most of you have nothing right about any of your statements except for RAM.  Cowboy can coach !

There is no underhanded way he got his job, he did what any AD does when they take over, just like what was done to him when a new AD took over at PG. He was the best 

choice for the Head Baseball coach and he put himself in the position which he is best at. And UnclePig, you have no idea about football. Jones knows as much about football and was not the reason for PG's losing seasons in football as you are suggesting. If you were around the football at all back then, you would know the reason.

68Hornet said it right too, there's a whole lot more to the story, which like I said, most of you in this forum no nothing about and are just speculating and have most of it wrong.

It's kind of like nobody likes to see anybody else succeed or win except for themselves or they feel threatened. Jones is a winner, he coaches kids to be winners and to know what hard work can get them in an old school fashion and other coaches are threatened by the work ethic and doing the right thing rather than doing whats easy.

6 hours ago, Darkhorse said:

Most of you have nothing right about any of your statements except for RAM.  Cowboy can coach !

There is no underhanded way he got his job, he did what any AD does when they take over, just like what was done to him when a new AD took over at PG. He was the best 

choice for the Head Baseball coach and he put himself in the position which he is best at. And UnclePig, you have no idea about football. Jones knows as much about football and was not the reason for PG's losing seasons in football as you are suggesting. If you were around the football at all back then, you would know the reason.

68Hornet said it right too, there's a whole lot more to the story, which like I said, most of you in this forum no nothing about and are just speculating and have most of it wrong.

It's kind of like nobody likes to see anybody else succeed or win except for themselves or they feel threatened. Jones is a winner, he coaches kids to be winners and to know what hard work can get them in an old school fashion and other coaches are threatened by the work ethic and doing the right thing rather than doing whats easy.

Except Bennett was succeeding, he just ran into a central heights school that had a first rounder throwing for them. 

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 12:48 PM, RoughnedOdorsRightHook said:

Except Bennett was succeeding, he just ran into a central heights school that had a first rounder throwing for them. 

Every coach succeeds somewhat at times, but I don't believe he has been to the State Playoffs 7 times.  PG says it was just the players who come through PG, which those players were and are very talented. But have they been back since he left.  So I guess now it's just the players who come through Kirbyville.  There is a common denominator, like it or not with these teams having as much success as they do and this is Coach Jones.

1 hour ago, Darkhorse said:

Every coach succeeds somewhat at times, but I don't believe he has been to the State Playoffs 7 times.  PG says it was just the players who come through PG, which those players were and are very talented. But have they been back since he left.  So I guess now it's just the players who come through Kirbyville.  There is a common denominator, like it or not with these teams having as much success as they do and this is Coach Jones.

Explain to me why Kirbyville’s football team has gone to garbage?? It’s the exact same reason PG wasn’t very good in football when he was there; PG didn’t just all of a sudden start getting great athletes; they’ve had them for as long as I can remember, which is a pretty good while back. The new coach there at PG came in, saw this guy was a problem, and quickly showed him the door. It didn’t take too long after that that PG took off in football. How can anyone argue with that??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1