๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ More immoral LGBTQ+ lunacy

TheShadowKnows

Guest surfsup
Perhaps you can explain, why homosexuality is beneficial to society. I've asked the question to many professed homosexuals, why they are gay. Perhaps you can expound, on why homosexuality is a wonderful, glorious lifestyle. I haven't heard one reason why it is. I've said many times on Smoaky that I have homosexual friends. Not one of them, has explained why their sexual behaviour has made them a better person.

ย 

I realize that many heterosexuals have caused many problems in society, but this isn't a discussion about heterosexuals. I've listed many great homosexuals that I admire, but I don't model my life after them.

ย 

If you think you can expound on the subject. I would like you to expound on it.

ย 

I do not know that there are many if any benefits to being gay. But on the other hand I do not see how it is in any way detrimental to our society. Are gays not paying their taxes? Here are some of the problems gays in America face everyday.

ย 

Today, some 224 years later, we must continue to demand gay equality. We must. LGBT teens make up 33% all teen suicides. Gays and lesbians are still targets of hate crimes. If my partner were severally ill, I would have no legal right to make medical decision or transfer my pension in the case of my death. The list of things I consider natural rights seems endless,. Yet I pause to celebrate how far we've come. I must, in hope of a brighter future.

http://gaylife.about.com/b/2008/02/29/a-sh...-in-america.htm

ย 

Can you imagine not being able to make decisions for the person you have been with for 20 or 30 years? That is not fair. They should be prtoected against hate crimes, and we should do something not to alienate gay and lesbian teens. Young people are literally killing themselves because they feel like outsiders. They may be different, but we have no business telling anyone how to live their lives, or telling them what is right or wrong based on our perceptions of our religion.

ย 

Colmes, if it is an abomination to God, you can let him judge them.

ย 

ย 

ย 

Colmes, if it is an abomination to God, you can let him judge them.

ย 

There is no "IF" at all....

ย 

Leviticus 18: 22

22 You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.

ย 

Romans 1: 18 - 32

18For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. 19For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. 21For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools, 23and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.

24Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, 25because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen.

ย 

26For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; 27and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

ย 

28And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done. 29They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips, 30slanderers, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, 31foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32Though they know Godโ€™s decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them."

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

God will judge them and they will burn for eternity for practicing their abominable behavior....it is the duty of Christians to let them know of their sin, let them know that with repentance and obedience to God they, too, can be saved...all they have to do is what each and every one of us has to do....believe, repent, confess that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, be baptized for remission of our sins, and live faithfully unto death.....There is hope for all....

ย 

I Corinthians 6: 9 - 11

9Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, 10nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

They may be different, but we have no business telling anyone how to live their lives, or telling them what is right or wrong based on our perceptions of our religion.

ย 

What basis are you using to actually tell someone NOT to do something? Seems kind of judgemental to me.

Today, some 224 years later, we must continue to demand gay equality.

ย 

ย 

For this statement to be even considered intelligent you must explain how our rights are not equal! The gays have the EXACT SAME RIGHTs as I do! How is that different? Please explain cause I think what you meant is they want special rights!

Guest surfsup
For this statement to be even considered intelligent you must explain how our rights are not equal! The gays have the EXACT SAME RIGHTs as I do! How is that different? Please explain cause I think what you meant is they want special rights!

ย 

So they have the right to marry their partners? Make decisions regarding the health of their partners? You can not say that they have equal rights.

ย 

Guest surfsup
There is no "IF" at all....

ย 

Leviticus 18: 22

22 You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.

ย 

Romans 1: 18 - 32

18For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. 19For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. 21For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools, 23and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.

24Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, 25because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen.

ย 

26For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; 27and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

ย 

28And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done. 29They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips, 30slanderers, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, 31foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32Though they know Godโ€™s decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them."

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

God will judge them and they will burn for eternity for practicing their abominable behavior....it is the duty of Christians to let them know of their sin, let them know that with repentance and obedience to God they, too, can be saved...all they have to do is what each and every one of us has to do....believe, repent, confess that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, be baptized for remission of our sins, and live faithfully unto death.....There is hope for all....

ย 

I Corinthians 6: 9 - 11

9Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, 10nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

ย 

Having been raised Church of Christ I know that they do not teach these verses.

ย 

Mathew 7:1-5

1"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

ย 

Having been raised Church of Christ I know that they do not teach these verses.

ย 

Mathew 7:1-5

1"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

ย 

ย 

I don't believe that Colmes was judging, he was simply qouting scripture that shows exactly what God thinks of homosexuality. You don't have to agree with it, but like someone stated earlier, if it's good enough for God it's good enough for me.

ย 

And surfsup, I thought you were atheist/agnostic, look at you qouting the Bible.

So they have the right to marry their partners? Make decisions regarding the health of their partners? You can not say that they have equal rights.

ย 

I dont have the right to marry another man either, tell me where it isnt equal!

Guest surfsup
I dont have the right to marry another man either, tell me where it isnt equal!

ย 

You have got to be kidding me, right?

You have got to be kidding me, right?

ย 

ย 

You're the one that brought up equal rights! What is not equal? The same rules I must follow, so do they. If they want the rules changed to suit them then they are no longer equal!

Guest surfsup
I don't believe that Colmes was judging, he was simply qouting scripture that shows exactly what God thinks of homosexuality. You don't have to agree with it, but like someone stated earlier, if it's good enough for God it's good enough for me.

ย 

And surfsup, I thought you were atheist/agnostic, look at you qouting the Bible.

ย 

You believe in God's law because you want to be a better person. That is commendable. It is my belief that as long as someone is a law abiding citizen, pays their taxes, etc. They should be able to love whomever they want without fear of repercussions. They should be able to marry whom they choose. It is kinda funny how the same guys who hate taxes, and big government get their panties in a wad when someone proposes that the government has no right to tell someone who they can or can not be with based on sex. That is kind of hypocritical in my view, and pretty indicative of the hypocrisy that continues to happen in the Republican Party. It also alienates potential swing voters like me.

Guest surfsup
I can say they have equal rights cause they do. What do they not have? I wana know why some people have to defend them? And don't say cause we can't tell someone how to live their lives cause if that's the way you wana live your life then your a wack job that needs some jesus in your life.

ย 

What?

You believe in God's law because you want to be a better person. That is commendable. It is my belief that as long as someone is a law abiding citizen, pays their taxes, etc. They should be able to love whomever they want without fear of repercussions. They should be able to marry whom they choose. It is kinda funny how the same guys who hate taxes, and big government get their panties in a wad when someone proposes that the government has no right to tell someone who they can or can not be with based on sex. That is kind of hypocritical in my view, and pretty indicative of the hypocrisy that continues to happen in the Republican Party. It also alienates potential swing voters like me.

ย 

Republican party? You realize the biggest opponent of gay marriage is the black community! Hardly Conservative!

Guest surfsup
Republican party? You realize the biggest opponent of gay marriage is the black community! Hardly Conservative!

ย 

Preserving Traditional Marriage

ย 

Because our childrenโ€™s future is best preserved within the traditional understanding of marriage, we call for a constitutional amendment that fully protects marriage as a union of a man and a woman, so that judges cannot make other arrangements equivalent to it. In the absence of a national amendment, we support the right of the people of the various states to affirm traditional marriage through state initiatives.

ย 

Republicans recognize the importance of having in the home a father and a mother who are married. The two-parent family still provides the best environment of stability, discipline, responsibility, and character. Children in homes without fathers are more likely to commit a crime, drop out of school, become violent, become teen parents, use illegal drugs, become mired in poverty, or have emotional or behavioral problems. We support the courageous efforts of single-parent families to provide a stable home for their children. Children are our nationโ€™s most precious resource. We also salute and support the efforts of foster and adoptive families.

ย 

Republicans have been at the forefront of protecting traditional marriage laws, both in the states and in Congress. A Republican Congress enacted the Defense of Marriage Act, affirming the right of states not to recognize same-sex โ€œmarriagesโ€ licensed in other states. Unbelievably, the Democratic Party has now pledged to repeal the Defense of Marriage Act, which would subject every state to the redefinition of marriage by a judge without ever allowing the people to vote on the matter. We also urge Congress to use its Article III, Section 2 power to prevent activist federal judges from imposing upon the rest of the nation the judicial activism in Massachusetts and California. We also encourage states to review their marriage and divorce laws in order to strengthen marriage.

ย 

As the family is our basic unit of society, we oppose initiatives to erode parental rights.

http://www.gop.com/2008Platform/Values.htm

ย 

ย 

ย 

I have never denied that I am a hypocrit. I am what I am. I don't make excuses. I don't place blame with anyone but me for my shortcomings. I am not a Democrat or a Republican. I am not taking a free ride on the taxpayers and poisoning the minds of youth while I bide my time 'til I can make enough money to open a business at a location that is exempt from US Income taxes. [Didn't you just quote Matt 7:5?] I do not hate anyone.

ย 

The reasons that you cite as being unfair to gays are purely financial. If it is really about being with someone that you truly love why is it so important to make medical decisions. I can appoint medical and/or durable power of attorney to whomever I wish, it doesn't have to be a spouse or even a relative. Like Straw said, no man can marry another man, gay or straight - same goes for women marrying women. That's equality. What part of that do you not understand?

• Mr. P changed the title to ๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ More immoral LGBTQ+ lunacy