Jump to content

District 10-2A (D1) Region 3 - 2019


StingEmALTO
 Share

Recommended Posts

DISTRICT 10 (from 2ATexasFootball.com)

ALTO  (  10-0 /  5-0)

W1 - PALESTINE WESTWOOD  28-20
W2 - @ TIMPSON  45-0
W3 - NEW DIANA  50-0
W4 - @ GARRISON  26-7
W5 - @ CORRIGAN-CAMDEN  40-15
W6 - BYE  
W7 - @ BIG SANDY  41-14
W8 - PRICE CARLISLE  29-7
W9 - @ CUSHING  61-0
W10 - HAWKINS  57-8
W11 - UNION GROVE  50-15
W12 - CAYUGA 62-0

BIG SANDY    (  3-7 / 2-3 )

W1 - @ SAN AUGUSTINE  7-70
W2 - ALBA-GOLDEN  60-34
W3 - @ TIMPSON  31-43
W4 - MINEOLA  9-36
W5 - BYE  
W6 - @ BOGOTA RIVERCREST  21-34
W7 - ALTO  14-41
W8 - @ UNION GROVE  27-19
W9 - @ HAWKINS  6-18
W10 - PRICE CARLISLE  28-35
W11 - @ CUSHING  32-0

CUSHING   ( 1-9 / 0-5 )

W1 - CHILTON  14-24
W2 - MT. ENTERPRISE  16-32
W3 - @ BURKEVILLE  36-14
W4 - @ HULL-DAISETTA  cancelled
W5 -  DEWEYVILLE (in Jasper)  24-46
W6 - TYLER ALL SAINTS  6-21
W7 - @ PRICE CARLISLE  0-34
W8 - HAWKINS  6-22
W9 - ALTO  0-61
W10 - @ UNION GROVE  0-40
W11 - BIG SANDY  0-32

HAWKINS  ( 3-7 / 3-2 )

W1 - ALBA-GOLDEN  24-45
W2 - TYLER ALL SAINTS  28-38
W3 - BECKVILLE  12-22
W4 - @ LINDEN-KILDARE  20-22
W5 - @ COMO-PICKTON  8-26
W6 - BYE  
W7 - @ UNION GROVE  14-7
W8 - @ CUSHING  22-6
W9 - BIG SANDY  18-6
W10 - @ ALTO  8-57
W11 - PRICE CARLISLE  0-54

PRICE CARLISLE ( 7-3 / 4-1 )

W1 - @ GLADEWATER SABINE 3-34
W2 - TROUP 23-33
W3 - OVERTON 76-0
W4 - @ NEW BOSTON 24-16
W5 - SIMMS BOWIE 45-6
W6 - BYE
W7 - CUSHING 34-0
W8 - @ ALTO 7-29
W9 - UNION GROVE 41-0
W10 - @ BIG SANDY 35-28
W11 - HAWKINS 54-0W10 - @ BIG SANDY 35-28
W12 - JEWETT LEON 37-36

UNION GROVE  ( 4-6 / 1-4 )

W1 - SIMMS BOWIE  35-0
W2 - OVERTON  37-6
W3 - @ QUITMAN  33-20
W4 - @ HARLETON  0-42
W5 - @ MT. ENTERPRISE  20-40
W6 - BYE  
W7 - HAWKINS  7-14
W8 - UNION GROVE  19-27
W9 - @ PRICE CARLISLE  0-41
W10 - CUSHING  40-0
W11 [email protected] ALTO ¬†15-50

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Greezychef said:

How's Alto's offseason program looking?

 

Had a great off season and the summer program is going very well. Participation is high and 7 on 7 (first time to do that in a few years!) I think is very helpful. In my mind there is still a question mark at the QB position, but all of that will work itself out in the not-too-distant future. Boys are working hard and competition for positions is a good thing!

How are things in Tigerland?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

Dave Campbell’s Texas Football has District 10-2A D1 like this:

1. Carlisle 
2. Alto
3. Big Sandy
4. Cushing
5. Union Grove
6. Hawkins

That’s a bold prediction. Exactly how they finished last year. They must have put hundreds of seconds into researching Class AA. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

That’s a bold prediction. Exactly how they finished last year. They must have put hundreds of seconds into researching Class AA. 

Well lil abner,  how would you have picked it?  Seems about right to me.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Greezychef said:

Well lil abner,  how would you have picked it?  Seems about right to me.  

1. Hawkins 

2. UG

3. Cushing 

4. BS

5. Carlisle 

6. Alto 

If someone wants to spend $15 on the magazine and post their picks on District 11, I’ll be happy to offer a derisive comment on it to. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well I think Carlisle has to grow up quick in the first couple games of the season, if they don't get some boys banged up in predistrict, they may have a shot at taking Alto out in dist play. As always it'll be the line play that dictates how the season matures. Our offense will be solid in the skills dept, and our defense will be nasty and I'm calling that rite now, our defense will lead this team. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chain, I watched Carlisle in the qualifying tourney for 7 on 7. DeLeon looked pretty good at QB. Got some recievers that hustle but not much height. I really can't tell you how I think we will do this season at this point in time. Hope for the best though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/7/2019 at 7:53 AM, trueblue82 said:

1. Hawkins 

2. UG

3. Cushing 

4. BS

5. Carlisle 

6. Alto 

If someone wants to spend $15 on the magazine and post their picks on District 11, I’ll be happy to offer a derisive comment on it to. 

You are a non-buyer of¬†the magazine I take it? I searched through my collection to see what the magazine cost 20 years ago in 1999 and it was $8.95. I bought the 2019 edition for $11.95 at Wal-Mart. Always thought it was worth it as¬†I‚Äôve been buying them for years. Used to pick up a copy right before vacation and I would spend my time reading it, getting pumped up¬†for the new season. I don‚Äôt know the actual first edition I bought as they are scattered here and there in my house and probably my parents‚Äô house. That would be a good summer project to put them altogether in one location! ūü§Ē

In case you have no plans to purchase, here is how they have District 11:

1. Garrison
2. Tenaha
3. Joaquin
4. Timpson
5. Linden-Kildare
6. Beckville
7. Harleton

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/7/2019 at 1:43 PM, upullinmychain said:

Well I think Carlisle has to grow up quick in the first couple games of the season, if they don't get some boys banged up in predistrict, they may have a shot at taking Alto out in dist play. As always it'll be the line play that dictates how the season matures. Our offense will be solid in the skills dept, and our defense will be nasty and I'm calling that rite now, our defense will lead this team. 

We‚Äôll need to play a heckuva lot better than last year! Glad y‚Äôall are coming to Alto after us going to Carlisle TWO years in a row. ūüĎć

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/6/2019 at 11:10 PM, StingEmALTO said:

Dave Campbell’s Texas Football has District 10-2A D1 like this:

1. Carlisle 
2. Alto
3. Big Sandy
4. Cushing
5. Union Grove
6. Hawkins

Gonna go out on a limb and say Cushing’s playoff streak ends at 1. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, villagegenius said:

Gonna go out on a limb and say Cushing’s playoff streak ends at 1. 

You may have something. Gonna be hard to replace the play makers who transferred to Tenaha, although their preseason schedule lends itself to getting things together before district. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

 

 

1. Garrison
2. Tenaha
3. Joaquin
4. Timpson
5. Linden-Kildare
6. Beckville
7. Harleton

Garrison has the best player in the district hands down.   Sebastion Porter is a two way hoss.   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

You are a non-buyer of¬†the magazine I take it? I searched through my collection to see what the magazine cost 20 years ago in 1999 and it was $8.95. I bought the 2019 edition for $11.95 at Wal-Mart. Always thought it was worth it as¬†I‚Äôve been buying them for years. Used to pick up a copy right before vacation and I would spend my time reading it, getting pumped up¬†for the new season. I don‚Äôt know the actual first edition I bought as they are scattered here and there in my house and probably my parents‚Äô house. That would be a good summer project to put them altogether in one location! ūü§Ē

In case you have no plans to purchase, here is how they have District 11:

1. Garrison
2. Tenaha
3. Joaquin
4. Timpson
5. Linden-Kildare
6. Beckville
7. Harleton

I don’t buy the magazine because it is obvious that they spend little to no time researching the smaller schools for the preview. The picks are what they are, educated guesswork. I just wish they would spend a little more time and give the 2A teams more than a 1-2 sentence preview. Small town kids deserve as much press as 6A kids. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, villagegenius said:

Gonna go out on a limb and say Cushing’s playoff streak ends at 1. 

That's cuz have their team left to play basketball at Tenaha.......I watched a summer basketball game and Tenaha had 14 players and only 4 of them are actually from Tenaha...... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...