W6 - BYE  
W7 - HAWKINS  7-14
W8 - UNION GROVE  19-27
W9 - @ PRICE CARLISLE  0-41
W10 - CUSHING  40-0
W11 -@ ALTO  15-50

3 hours ago, Greezychef said:

How's Alto's offseason program looking?

Had a great off season and the summer program is going very well. Participation is high and 7 on 7 (first time to do that in a few years!) I think is very helpful. In my mind there is still a question mark at the QB position, but all of that will work itself out in the not-too-distant future. Boys are working hard and competition for positions is a good thing!

How are things in Tigerland?

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

Dave Campbell’s Texas Football has District 10-2A D1 like this:

1. Carlisle 
2. Alto
3. Big Sandy
4. Cushing
5. Union Grove
6. Hawkins

That’s a bold prediction. Exactly how they finished last year. They must have put hundreds of seconds into researching Class AA. 

7 minutes ago, Greezychef said:

Well lil abner,  how would you have picked it?  Seems about right to me.  

1. Hawkins 

2. UG

3. Cushing 

4. BS

5. Carlisle 

6. Alto 

If someone wants to spend $15 on the magazine and post their picks on District 11, I’ll be happy to offer a derisive comment on it to. 

Well I think Carlisle has to grow up quick in the first couple games of the season, if they don't get some boys banged up in predistrict, they may have a shot at taking Alto out in dist play. As always it'll be the line play that dictates how the season matures. Our offense will be solid in the skills dept, and our defense will be nasty and I'm calling that rite now, our defense will lead this team. 

Chain, I watched Carlisle in the qualifying tourney for 7 on 7. DeLeon looked pretty good at QB. Got some recievers that hustle but not much height. I really can't tell you how I think we will do this season at this point in time. Hope for the best though.

On 7/7/2019 at 7:53 AM, trueblue82 said:

1. Hawkins 

2. UG

3. Cushing 

4. BS

5. Carlisle 

6. Alto 

If someone wants to spend $15 on the magazine and post their picks on District 11, I’ll be happy to offer a derisive comment on it to. 

You are a non-buyer of the magazine I take it? I searched through my collection to see what the magazine cost 20 years ago in 1999 and it was $8.95. I bought the 2019 edition for $11.95 at Wal-Mart. Always thought it was worth it as I’ve been buying them for years. Used to pick up a copy right before vacation and I would spend my time reading it, getting pumped up for the new season. I don’t know the actual first edition I bought as they are scattered here and there in my house and probably my parents’ house. That would be a good summer project to put them altogether in one location! 🤔

In case you have no plans to purchase, here is how they have District 11:

1. Garrison
2. Tenaha
3. Joaquin
4. Timpson
5. Linden-Kildare
6. Beckville
7. Harleton

On 7/7/2019 at 1:43 PM, upullinmychain said:

Well I think Carlisle has to grow up quick in the first couple games of the season, if they don't get some boys banged up in predistrict, they may have a shot at taking Alto out in dist play. As always it'll be the line play that dictates how the season matures. Our offense will be solid in the skills dept, and our defense will be nasty and I'm calling that rite now, our defense will lead this team. 

We’ll need to play a heckuva lot better than last year! Glad y’all are coming to Alto after us going to Carlisle TWO years in a row. 👍

On 7/6/2019 at 11:10 PM, StingEmALTO said:

Dave Campbell’s Texas Football has District 10-2A D1 like this:

1. Carlisle 
2. Alto
3. Big Sandy
4. Cushing
5. Union Grove
6. Hawkins

Gonna go out on a limb and say Cushing’s playoff streak ends at 1. 

1 minute ago, villagegenius said:

You may have something. Gonna be hard to replace the play makers who transferred to Tenaha, although their preseason schedule lends itself to getting things together before district. 

9 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

You are a non-buyer of the magazine I take it? I searched through my collection to see what the magazine cost 20 years ago in 1999 and it was $8.95. I bought the 2019 edition for $11.95 at Wal-Mart. Always thought it was worth it as I’ve been buying them for years. Used to pick up a copy right before vacation and I would spend my time reading it, getting pumped up for the new season. I don’t know the actual first edition I bought as they are scattered here and there in my house and probably my parents’ house. That would be a good summer project to put them altogether in one location! 🤔

In case you have no plans to purchase, here is how they have District 11:

1. Garrison
2. Tenaha
3. Joaquin
4. Timpson
5. Linden-Kildare
6. Beckville
7. Harleton

I don’t buy the magazine because it is obvious that they spend little to no time researching the smaller schools for the preview. The picks are what they are, educated guesswork. I just wish they would spend a little more time and give the 2A teams more than a 1-2 sentence preview. Small town kids deserve as much press as 6A kids. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, villagegenius said:

That's cuz have their team left to play basketball at Tenaha.......I watched a summer basketball game and Tenaha had 14 players and only 4 of them are actually from Tenaha...... 

7 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

I don’t buy the magazine because it is obvious that they spend little to no time researching the smaller schools for the preview. The picks are what they are, educated guesswork. I just wish they would spend a little more time and give the 2A teams more than a 1-2 sentence preview. Small town kids deserve as much press as 6A kids. 

In the magazine there is a stat that says more 2A kids were signed to play college ball than 3A and 4A.

9 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Maybe so, but it is still by far the best publication covering Texas football in my opinion.  I know way back when the "notes" following each team had more information on each school's team and upcoming season.  Sometimes it would even look back at the season before and comment, AND all of the district schools would cover an entire page; there was just more to it.  Now it seems to have minimal information, and you're right, there's not a whole lot of meat to it; they squeeze two districts on one page.  Still, it's a nice overview of all the teams in the entire state and it is fun to see what is coming for the year and what the "experts" think and how the season will shake out.  Kind of wets the appetite until the season gets here! (kind of like Smoaky lol)

I can also see that if your team has not gotten a lot of coverage over the years and maybe has not been that successful and is not a traditional power, a person could be put off by it.  Not saying that is the case for you, but there are probably not a lot of people in Crossroads, TX buying the magazine.  In Alto, the local Brookshire Bros. stocks it and folks are buying it!

I agree with you.......small town kids deserve as much press coverage as the 6A kids.  They are out there sweating and working hard just like them.