District 10-2A (D1) Region 3 - 2019

StingEmALTO

28 minutes ago, RipperRipper said:

Carlisle Varsity 1 Westwood  0  in controlled portion. Carlisle JV 2 Westwood JV 0.

Carlisle Varsity 21 Westwood Varsity 14 in two live 10 minute quarters.

Thanks ripper ripper I can't post in Carlisle,no service..lol.we looked good tonight tho..

38 minutes ago, JACKETLIFE said:

Any last updates @SwarmingOnEm?

Sorry Bud. The server or something went down and I couldn’t post. We only played 3 minutes of live. Without getting too specific, I will just say that neither team lacked intensity and sometimes that isn’t worth mixing in a meaningless scrimmage. Both teams looked good. But that’s enough on Crockett. Alto looked great on defense and we can still pound it like nobody’s business. Passing game needs work based off of what I saw tonight. That’ll come. The receiver group is stupid fast and prolly the best I’ve seen in a very long time. If we get that on track and force teams to be honest, meaning not being able to try to stack it on us, we could make a few folks lose sleep. There again, it was a scrimmage and playing a full live would have been really nice. Couldn’t judge much from last week’s scrimmage so we will find out Friday night. Good luck to our district mates and hoping everyone’s young men can stay healthy. Especially those seniors.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RipperRipper said:

Swarm, where did your updates go. Sounded like the Jackets were having a goodun over there.

Had an “Error 523” message that popped up. I couldn’t get on the site. Had someone else check their phone and it was the same. So I’m assuming the server had issues.

9 hours ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

Sorry Bud. The server or something went down and I couldn’t post. We only played 3 minutes of live. Without getting too specific, I will just say that neither team lacked intensity and sometimes that isn’t worth mixing in a meaningless scrimmage. Both teams looked good. But that’s enough on Crockett. Alto looked great on defense and we can still pound it like nobody’s business. Passing game needs work based off of what I saw tonight. That’ll come. The receiver group is stupid fast and prolly the best I’ve seen in a very long time. If we get that on track and force teams to be honest, meaning not being able to try to stack it on us, we could make a few folks lose sleep. There again, it was a scrimmage and playing a full live would have been really nice. Couldn’t judge much from last week’s scrimmage so we will find out Friday night. Good luck to our district mates and hoping everyone’s young men can stay healthy. Especially those seniors.

Very well said! I thought we gave Crockett all they wanted and then some. The Bulldogs are physical and athletic as usual and will be tough. I think our defense played lights out. There was that one play they let get away from them, but otherwise very stout. Hoping we can keep that PA number down and respectable.

On to Westwood!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

Had an “Error 523” message that popped up. I couldn’t get on the site. Had someone else check their phone and it was the same. So I’m assuming the server had issues.

I thought you were firing those updates out so fast that you shut the whole system down! 🤣

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, RipperRipper said:

Carlisle Varsity 1 Westwood  0  in controlled portion. Carlisle JV 2 Westwood JV 0.

Carlisle Varsity 21 Westwood Varsity 14 in two live 10 minute quarters.

Sounds like Westwood is on the rise. We have them in our opener next week!  Man, I can’t wait!!

Good luck to Carlisle vs. Sabine. That should be a dang good test, too. (I think.). Based on last year’s Sabine team, could be a test. Lol Not really sure how they are supposed to be this season. 

9 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

Sounds like Westwood is on the rise. We have them in our opener next week!  Man, I can’t wait!!

Good luck to Carlisle vs. Sabine. That should be a dang good test, too. (I think.). Based on last year’s Sabine team, could be a test. Lol Not really sure how they are supposed to be this season. 

Sabine will be a tough out! 

Very talented dual-threat QB with college offers.

Good luck district. Represent.

• Like 1

BIG news for JACKET fans!  This year you can find THE MEAN STING on 103 The Bull (KJCS 103.3) every Friday night!

https://103thebull.com/

Alto Football has been on the airwaves since the 1970s "with JD Pearman and Elmer Luck." lol I don't even know Elmer Luck, but as a kid he and JD were the guys on 97.7 KWRW broadcasting all the games.  We would listen to the pre-game show on the way to the game and as a kid I thought it was the coolest to hear our commercial on the air.  Fast forward to 2007  (or '08?) and KWRW (after decades of carrying us!) dropped the Jackets for the Jacksonville Indians.  That was a blow.  The older folks, shut-ins, hunters down at the camps, random football fan who had to work, and even "fans" from other towns/schools missed us on the air.  Our guys hustled around and we didn't stay off the air long, finding homes on Y100 (KYBI Lufkin), 98.3 (KYYK Palestine), and the last few years 103.9 (KTLU Jacksonville).  THEN KTLU (East Texas Results Media) went out of business........and we didn't even know it!  We were homeless again with just 2 weeks to get on the air.  SO, our guys hustled again! lol  Made a few phone calls..........25 SPONSORSHIPS later, we are on one of the most powerful radio stations in East Texas!!!  We'll be streaming online as well.  To me, THAT IS POWERFUL.  Our brand.  Our support.  Our community.  They always step up and I can't say how proud I am to be part of it all.

Looking forward to hearing the Pearman boys on 103 THE BULL this year.  Y'all tune in!  And while you're at it........go visit them in "Beautiful Downtown Alto!" 😉:rofl:

https://www.pearmanmotor.com/

KJCS 103 The Bull.jpg

• Like 2