District 10-2A (D1) Region 3 - 2019

StingEmALTO

6 hours ago, BlueBlood99 said:

That's cuz have their team left to play basketball at Tenaha.......I watched a summer basketball game and Tenaha had 14 players and only 4 of them are actually from Tenaha...... 

Did more than just the two brothers leave Cushing for Tenaha? Their dad was hired as a coach as I understand it. 

I’ve heard through the grape vine that Cushing lost the QB and one of the WRs who belong to the former Cushing Head BB coach. If that’s the case...they are in serious trouble. Both were excellent athletes (especially by Cushing standards but could play and help at most places in 2A region 3) that rarely came off the field. I’d venture to say a large amount of their offensive production came from those 2. Also had another good WR who I believe is still there but losing 2/3 of your playmakers is no bueno for anyone; but especially Cushing whose struggles have been duly noted in the past. If those 2 had stayed I’d have been tempted to have Cushing in the 3rd slot. If they are gone? Put me down for them struggling to win a district game. 

Dave Campbell’s Texas Football magazine has Vi’Dareous High of Alto listed as a Top 100 recruit for the Class of 2021. As far as I could tell he was the only kid listed from 2A in East Texas (no 2020 was listed in the Top 300). They had the Top 25 for the Class of 2022, but no East Texas 2A players were on that list either. I’m sure there are some very deserving players but maybe flying under the radar right now.

Wishing Vi’Dareous a big season. He has the potential to be special.

00CE9381-38CD-495D-ADBF-1B070C047A0D.jpeg

On 6/13/2019 at 12:29 AM, StingEmALTO said:

The 2019 football season is on the horizon! The first prediction for District 10-2A that I have seen was on Twitter today by Scouting Report (@SR_scouting) SO I thought I would go ahead and start this thread.

I like the way this looks. 😂

F2062ED6-C1D1-4C2A-9A7E-B50EC7D51EB0.jpeg

Does Alto have turf yet? 

47 minutes ago, RipperRipper said:

Looks like Mr. High is gonna be a hoss there Sting.

He’s working hard and was impressive as a sophomore....and he’s bought in, committed. 👍 That’s the number one ingredient for a great player in my opinion. I am hopeful for him and the upcoming season. The future is his to make whatever he wants of it. Gotta stay focused and he will do great things.

15 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

Dave Campbell’s Texas Football magazine has Vi’Dareous High of Alto listed as a Top 100 recruit for the Class of 2021. As far as I could tell he was the only kid listed from 2A in East Texas (no 2020 was listed in the Top 300). They had the Top 25 for the Class of 2022, but no East Texas 2A players were on that list either. I’m sure there are some very deserving players but maybe flying under the radar right now.

Wishing Vi’Dareous a big season. He has the potential to be special.

00CE9381-38CD-495D-ADBF-1B070C047A0D.jpeg

From this past year's events.....I believe Mr High's success is mostly dependent on him. Hopefully he can right his ship and make good decisions and surround himself with good people. I hate to see extremely talented individuals make bad choices in life. Rooting for the young man cuz he is special.

Just now, BlueBlood99 said:

From this past year's events.....I believe Mr High's success is mostly dependent on him. Hopefully he can right his ship and make good decisions and surround himself with good people. I hate to see extremely talented individuals make bad choices in life. Rooting for the young man cuz he is special.

💯 agreed. 👍

35 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

Where did that #8 QB from Alto go to college, I think he came out maybe 3 or 4 yrs ago? 

1 hour ago, TDJ89 said:

Where did that #8 QB from Alto go to college, I think he came out maybe 3 or 4 yrs ago? 

#8 Keenan Johnson (AHS Class of 2015) went to the University of Tulsa and has had a very successful career. He played in 8 games as a true freshman and started 5 of those! He has started in all 12 games his sophomore and junior years. Great guy and a beast on the field! Looking for him to continue to do great things his senior year (hard to believe!). 

https://tulsahurricane.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=8025

407A3C03-000B-406C-9ED3-A77797D2698D.png

2 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

#8 Keenan Johnson (AHS Class of 2015) went to the University of Tulsa and has had a very successful career. He played in 8 games as a true freshman and started 5 of those! He has started in all 12 games his sophomore and junior years. Great guy and a beast on the field! Looking for him to continue to do great things his senior year (hard to believe!). 

https://tulsahurricane.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=8025

407A3C03-000B-406C-9ED3-A77797D2698D.png

How he do against Texas last yr? 

On 7/12/2019 at 1:07 PM, TDJ89 said:

The name sound familiar when my boys was there for three yrs from '07 - '09 

Different Coach Moore. Augustus Moore was at Alto a couple different times (Corrigan-Camden in between). He is now the head basketball coach at Kerens. 

The coach at Cushing is Josh Moore, who graduated from Alto and coached here recently. Both Coach Moore’s worked a few years together under Coach Gould.

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 10:28 PM, Greezychef said:

Garrison has the best player in the district hands down.   Sebastion Porter is a two way hoss.   

I really think our overall offense at the skilled positions may be better than last year if they move #25 Rodriguez to QB.  The big question for Garrison is did any of the linemen we lost get replaced with another crew of corn fed growing boys .... I hope whoever is calling the offensive plays for Garrison realizes there are two other speedy backs that can take a lot of pressure off of Porter if they spread the ball around more.  I was afraid they were going to wear him down last season.  I look for the passing game to be improved over last season .... the line on both sides of the ball is the question mark for the Dawgs ..... 

2 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

I really think our overall offense at the skilled positions may be better than last year if they move #25 Rodriguez to QB.  The big question for Garrison is did any of the linemen we lost get replaced with another crew of corn fed growing boys .... I hope whoever is calling the offensive plays for Garrison realizes there are two other speedy backs that can take a lot of pressure off of Porter if they spread the ball around more.  I was afraid they were going to wear him down last season.  I look for the passing game to be improved over last season .... the line on both sides of the ball is the question mark for the Dawgs ..... 

Doomer told me that his girlfriend’s baby daddy’s stepsister’s third husband on her mama’s side told him that the lineman question has already been answered with a couple of move-ins. Tru storie. 

On 7/12/2019 at 6:11 PM, BlueBlood99 said:

What about the Blakemoore's and Mitchell's? BM's played against Rodney Thomas and I played against a Mitchell that was a beast 6'3" 220lb dude......

Could be any number of Blakemore’s or Mitchell’s. Lol We’ve had a few! Possibly Derrick Blakemore during the Rodney Thomas era and maybe Timothy Mitchell, who was a big guy and heckuva line backer! Someone else might be able to correct me if I’m wrong. 

17 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

The stocky guy that played QB at 7 on 7 looked good. Not sure of his name, but he could sling it. And I’m sure they haven’t stopped growing corn in Garrison, TX. You’ll be fine. 😉 😂