Week One: Longview at Lufkin

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (0-0) at Lufkin Panthers (0-0)  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/30/2019 at 10:30 PM

On 8/27/2019 at 10:24 PM, Pack007 said:

What’s the biggest rivalry in Texas then? And it’s not just a 15 year thing....I’m sure you can ask PA and others thar played in the 90s, 80s and 70s that will agree with us. 

And get off the Lufkin water!! Drinking it makes you a real man...puts hair on your chest. And hursh Gtee! Lol

Yeah...nuthg like the taste of good ol fashion water hitting you square in the head neck chest esophagus area...😐😉😳

6 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

Honest predictions from Longview fans ? I know you guys believe you got this one so just lay them real game day predictions out there. 

Some (07,Wolf and JF) said earlier they would win in a close game. Kinda surprised by it. I was expecting blowout predictions similar to the last few years..

I’m going to try and make the fish game today at the middle school if my back allow it lol. Hopefully get back home and catch Katy and NS (it’s recorded anyways). If anybody goes to the JV game tonight in lv, please post it and I’ll try and do the same.

Just now, Pack007 said:

Some (07,Wolf and JF) said earlier they would win in a close game. Kinda surprised by it. I was expecting blowout predictions similar to the last few years..

Just being real....the only reason I can't post a prediction is because the possibilities are so wide for me. Who the heck knows which team will show up for either squad.

50% of me can see a close game coming down to the wire, the other 50% of me can see a close game at half, with Lobos pulling away in the 2nd half. Similar to the 2015 (Part 2) and 2017 (Part 1) meetings.

• Like 2

I said 34-31 before the scrimmage. Then i thought about going with a defensive score after that because of how well both teams played. I think both defenses get tired late. First game and kinda humid later on in the day at the stadium. I’m guessing more scoring in the second half. Also i respect what both teams have on offense....so sticking with it 34-31 Pack.

Still kinda think the Pack defense will surprise people with most talking about the lobo front 7. But Safe travels again to Abe everyone! 

7 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Just being real....the only reason I can't post a prediction is because the possibilities are so wide for me. Who the heck knows which team will show up for either squad.

50% of me can see a close game coming down to the wire, the other 50% of me can see a close game at half, with Lobos pulling away in the 2nd half. Similar to the 2015 (Part 2) and 2017 (Part 1) meetings.

Yea....i could be wrong about mine. So true about which team shows up. Same for Pack..

I predict there's gonna be mistakes all over the field, on both sides of the ball. Both teams are gonna come out wound tight and pressing to make "the big play." 

On offense... we'll put the ball on the ground a couple times and the line will have a few miscommunications. Haynes' completion percentage will be rough because he'll be looking to break the game open. We'll have a few early drives inside the red zone that end with only field goals, of which we'll miss at least one.

On defense...  CB2 (whoever it is) will blow a few coverages and Lufkin will take advantage. Our d-line will get great penetration, but overpursue... allowing Lufkin to pop a few long runs on draw plays and zone-reads. But I think we'll also grab at least one pick (looking at you Robert Pierce), and one fumble recovery. 

Overall...  I look for a similar game to Week 1 last year: both teams will have momentum in fits and starts. Lufkin may jump out to a lead, only for Longview to tie it up. Then vice versa. I look for King to do his classic halftime magic in getting them calmed down and adjustments made. The third quarter will determine the outcome of the game, with Lufkin fighting hard to make a late surge. Game will be decided by the two minute warning. 

Longview wins 40-30. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AKA said:

I predict there's gonna be mistakes all over the field, on both sides of the ball. Both teams are gonna come out wound tight and pressing to make "the big play." 

On offense... we'll put the ball on the ground a couple times and the line will have a few miscommunications. Haynes' completion percentage will be rough because he'll be looking to break the game open. We'll have a few early drives inside the red zone that end with only field goals, of which we'll miss at least one.

On defense...  CB2 (whoever it is) will blow a few coverages and Lufkin will take advantage. Our d-line will get great penetration, but overpursue... allowing Lufkin to pop a few long runs on draw plays and zone-reads. But I think we'll also grab at least one pick (looking at you Robert Pierce), and one fumble recovery. 

Overall...  I look for a similar game to Week 1 last year: both teams will have momentum in fits and starts. Lufkin may jump out to a lead, only for Longview to tie it up. Then vice versa. I look for King to do his classic halftime magic in getting them calmed down and adjustments made. The third quarter will determine the outcome of the game, with Lufkin fighting hard to make a late surge. Game will be decided by the two minute warning. 

Longview wins 40-30. 

Whoever CB2 is.....he’ll probably have a great game because yall keep posting about him lmao 

• LOL! 2

Just now, Pack007 said:

Whoever CB2 is.....he’ll probably have a great game because yall keep posting about him lmao 

^^^ Uh oh fellow Lobos, I think this guy's hip to our reverse psychology. ABORT! ABORT! ABORT!  :D 

• LOL! 2