District 11AA D1 Football

trueblue82

On 8/17/2019 at 4:21 AM, SAWolfman said:

Doesnt look like any of those move in's for Tenaha brought any size for the d line...

I know 2 of their players came from JT.  I think they were both WR/DB's. Pretty good players too, both were starters last yr.

Not going to predict a clear cut favorite this early, but I do like our chances this year.  I think our offense will be a lot harder to stop this season with the threat of our passing game.  I think the passing threat will open up the running game with Porter and the Watts twins ... I expect the Dawgs, Rams and Tigers to contend for the top three spots ...Timpson may surprise some people too ... who knows what LK, Beckville and Harelton will bring to the mix ... it's gonna be fun to watch ... I know them Joe Quinn Rams are chomping at the bit to get a rematch with the Dawgs ... I expect that game to be the game of the week in 2A ...

5 hours ago, Yeehaw1987 said:

Just a concerned ram fan I heard we had a  solid defense with a mix of young guys will the defense be better than the last year ?

That’s really gonna depend on a couple of things. While a lot of the starters are the same, many of them are playing new positions. And I believe a couple of the open spots are being filled with freshmen. How quickly everyone settles into their new role will determine just how good they can be. I honestly like their chances. I don’t know that we’ll see four straight shutouts to start the season, though. I figure Ore City and Shelbyville will both test our pass defense, and Corrigan-Camden is gonna be a very physical game. I’m less worried about the outcome of those games than I am about them getting us prepared for the Garrison game. 

6 hours ago, Yeehaw1987 said:

Just a concerned ram fan I heard we had a  solid defense with a mix of young guys will the defense be better than the last year ?

From someone who has seen the guys workout this summer I can tell you that I believe the defense will be better than last year. We are currently stronger and faster and smarter as a group. After the scrimmage against EF their coach told our coach that the Rams do more moving and adjusting than any defense he has seen in high school. The guys are really flying to the ftball. That will ultimately determine how good we will be on that side of the ball. 

16 minutes ago, AKA said:

Them boys kin?  ;) 

Known as the “Twins” those boys have good been good athletes since they were young. We played them every year in little league when they attended Center. They been making TD’s for a long time 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlueBlood99 said:

Known as the “Twins” those boys have good been good athletes since they were young. We played them every year in little league when they attended Center. They been making TD’s for a long time 

They were vastly under used last season in my opinion ... they can both take it to the house before quick ....

3 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

They were vastly under used last season in my opinion ... they can both take it to the house before quick ....

I won’t get into specifics or make any accusations but it’s really easy for the average onlooker to see a talented player and say oh the coaches are dumb not to do this or that with the particular athlete. From a coach’s viewpoint there are other factors that go into utilization of a kid than just athletic ability.

6 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

So what if they dont get used like you think they are now?  What did they prove in games last year that make you so confident?

2 hours ago, BlueBlood99 said:

I won’t get into specifics or make any accusations but it’s really easy for the average onlooker to see a talented player and say oh the coaches are dumb not to do this or that with the particular athlete. From a coach’s viewpoint there are other factors that go into utilization of a kid than just athletic ability.

I would agree with you that can be the case, I have seen enough football over the years to know these two were definitely under utilized  ... I've  seen them in action and know what they are capable of.   We were so predictable last season and most anyone that followed Garrison last year would agree that Porter was over used.  It's remarkable that he held up the entire season.  Mixing the Watts twins in more would certainly make the offense less predictable and stronger overall  ... it's not rocket science  ...

7 minutes ago, SAWolfman said:

So what if they dont get used like you think they are now?  What did they prove in games last year that make you so confident?

They were both very explosive and very effective when they were used last year.  It's almost like they were forgotten about in some games ... most notably in the playoff game against SA ...

21 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I would agree with you that can be the case, I have seen enough football over the years to know these two were definitely under utilized  ... I've  seen them in action and know what they are capable of.   We were so predictable last season and most anyone that followed Garrison last year would agree that Porter was over used.  It's remarkable that he held up the entire season.  Mixing the Watts twins in more would certainly make the offense less predictable and stronger overall  ... it's not rocket science  ...

I assure you that there’s more to decision making than just if a kid can run or catch. Coaches deal with a whole multitude of issues. And unless you are behind the scenes and are inside the coach’s head 100% there is no way to definitively know why certain decisions are made.

2 hours ago, BlueBlood99 said:

I assure you that there’s more to decision making than just if a kid can run or catch. Coaches deal with a whole multitude of issues. And unless you are behind the scenes and are inside the coach’s head 100% there is no way to definitively know why certain decisions are made.

It's not rocket science ... I do believe some of it can attributed to inexperience of whoever is running the offense among other things ... I'm far from the only person watching it play out last year and have heard several others make the same observation to me ... And no, I don't  need to be a coach to see what's going on ....