#4 Gunter @ #5 Daingerfield Aug 30th

EastTxFinest

Tigers vs Tigers  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Daingerfield Tigers
    • Gunter Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/31/2019 at 12:30 AM

3 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

If it goes bad the real coaches in the Tiger stands will tell him all about it. Kinda like at Waskom last year. 

unfortunately that is true and I might be one of the first, the only real problem that I have seen is the lack of adjustments in a timely manner or not at all, that gets really frustrating when the signs and keys are so obvious or seem to be.

On 8/26/2019 at 5:57 PM, wingtveer said:

Where is my buddy Pax ?  I’d like to hear his take on it. I’ll be pulling for Gunter myself

I'm here.  I don't have much to say.  First game.  Whole lot of unknowns.  I wouldn't be surprised if it's a flip from last year.  I just hope it's not a blow out in either direction.  That's a long way to drive!

2 minutes ago, Pax said:

I'm here.  I don't have much to say.  First game.  Whole lot of unknowns.  I wouldn't be surprised if it's a flip from last year.  I just hope it's not a blow out in either direction.  That's a long way to drive!

My boy. You going to come visit at halftime?

1 hour ago, Pax said:

be safe driving Pax....especially on the way back.  maybe they'll play well.  you never know.  early mistakes could be a key  

6 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

It’s just weird seeing the fans of the #4 team in the state sounding deflated. 

Maybe they know what they're up against or maybe they just aren't who they have been the past 3 years. I know I want to break their regular season win streak 

1 hour ago, 4to3 said:

Whose calling the defense side of the ball?

I have no idea, if you don't know who does, but they need to figure out a way to get off of the field on 3rd and 4th down against these good teams or they will never win the big game.  That loose defense gives up too much on first down and then never have a chance, check last years third and fourth down percentages.  Hopefully they will pull out of that 3 man front this year.

1 minute ago, wildtigers said:

I have no idea, if you don't know who does, but they need to figure out a way to get off of the field on 3rd and 4th down against these good teams or they will never win the big game.  That loose defense gives up too much on first down and then never have a chance, check last years third and fourth down percentages.  Hopefully they will pull out of that 3 man front this year.

In the scrimmage against gw they ran the 3-3-5 but from what I heard we're running something different against Gunter

1 hour ago, EastTxFinest said:

In the scrimmage against gw they ran the 3-3-5 but from what I heard we're running something different against Gunter

I hope you're right but from what I was told it will be 3-3-5. We will just have to wait and see. Only one more day.im stoked.

1 hour ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

It’s just weird seeing the fans of the #4 team in the state sounding deflated. 

This is high school football.  The turnover rate for the roster cannot possibly exceed 4 years, so nobody has ever seen these teams play before.  The rankings at this point are meaningless, and simply momentum from the prior year.  They rank them because they have to.  Because people would ask "hey, where are the rankings?" if they didn't.  They don't actually mean anything. 

That said, there is a difference between being deflated and just not being inflated.  It's the first game of the season.  We don't know anything yet.  I can't speak for everyone else, but my attitude was identical before the first game last year, and the year before that, and the one before that.  We turned out pretty good in those years.  Hopefully we can again.  I don't know.  We haven't played a game yet.