#4 Gunter @ #5 Daingerfield Aug 30th

EastTxFinest

Tigers vs Tigers  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Daingerfield Tigers
    • Gunter Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/31/2019 at 12:30 AM

8 hours ago, Pax said:

This is high school football.  The turnover rate for the roster cannot possibly exceed 4 years, so nobody has ever seen these teams play before.  The rankings at this point are meaningless, and simply momentum from the prior year.  They rank them because they have to.  Because people would ask "hey, where are the rankings?" if they didn't.  They don't actually mean anything. 

That said, there is a difference between being deflated and just not being inflated.  It's the first game of the season.  We don't know anything yet.  I can't speak for everyone else, but my attitude was identical before the first game last year, and the year before that, and the one before that.  We turned out pretty good in those years.  Hopefully we can again.  I don't know.  We haven't played a game yet.

I feel exactly the same as last year.  I figured playing Daingerfield the first game would be tough.   I feel the same way this year.  The last 3 years we have had 3 different starting quarterbacks, and it will be the same this year.  Both will likely play.  But nothing to get fired up about yet, since we haven't played any games.

32 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

This looks to be one of the best games in the area so we are going to come watch...just wondering...what are the best places to eat in Dangerfield? 

That BBQ shake across from the stadium