#6 John Tyler (5A D-I) vs. John Horn (6A D-II)

cujoforlife

Grain,

Hudler is in his 7th year at Horn.  Horn’s OC is in his 10th year at Horn (was an OL coach before getting OC job for 2018 season).  They have a receiver coach in his 12th year at Horn that has coached receivers since Webb’s first season.  The current OL coach is in his 6th year at Horn and the other receiver coach is in his 4th season at Horn . They do only have one coach defensively that isn’t in his first year at Horn.

3 minutes ago, JFL said:

Grain,

Hudler is in his 7th year at Horn.  Horn’s OC is in his 10th year at Horn (was an OL coach before getting OC job for 2018 season).  They have a receiver coach in his 12th year at Horn that has coached receivers since Webb’s first season.  The current OL coach is in his 6th year at Horn and the other receiver coach is in his 4th season at Horn . They do only have one coach defensively that isn’t in his first year at Horn.

hmmm

1 hour ago, JTFAN99 said:

not saying JT is great this yr, but is it possible that JT ain't as bad as we think and Horn is better than we thought? 

JT is not at all a bad team as a whole, 1) if they can stay healthy, 2) learn and catch up with the speed of the game”and they will”, 3) and the  coaches make the adjustments for this team “and they will”, like they did on the kick coverage last night, because you don’t have the numbers to be running down field. Lol

No one will probably go undefeated in the district this year. Maybe, maybe not.

I think Horn is going to be a good team, if not already. It’s going to take a team with a strong defensive front, and a good offense line to handle them.

11 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

On another note though did anyone see that poteet got smoked 52-6 by Ryan????

Yep they got drummed.  Poteet is in a rebuilding mode.  I would be surprised if they make the playoffs this year.  They lost their star QB, and several star receivers, all playing college now. I also think the star running back may not play much this year if any. He is committed to OU and is a easy 3 year to NFL type player.  I think it will be McKinney North, John tyler,  Sherman,  West mesquite.   Its still early but that is the scoop.

2 hours ago, JFL said:

Grain,

Maybe I need to clarify. Hudler is in his 7th year, He was O-Line coach for 5 years and the D-Coordinator last year. He is in his first year at head coach. Coach Wheeler is the only other coach who has been on the Horn staff for more than a year. Our OC a few years (Robert Hall who was QB when Carter won state and played at Tech) quit to be a personal QB coach. Our former DC is head coach at North Mesquite and he took the secondary and D-Line coach with him. Our QB coached moved over to Mesquite. Our head coach retired and our secondary coach last year moved over to Coppell. Hudler and Wheeler are the only coaches on Horn staff who have been there more than a year. Coach Hudler was not Horn's first choice. A well known coach wanted the job but was not allowed to bring in his own assistants so he turned the job down. We were all surprised because the majority of the coaching staff had been at Horn for a year. We should not have had any loyalty to them. This and the difficult schedule we had last year is the reason the team fell apart last year. No one at Horn knows what to expect this year because he have no idea how the coaching staff is going to work out. The offense last year was the worse we have had since 2006. Beating JT was a good win but we still have no idea what to expect this year.

2 hours ago, stevenbugkiller said:

Yep they got drummed.  Poteet is in a rebuilding mode.  I would be surprised if they make the playoffs this year.  They lost their star QB, and several star receivers, all playing college now. I also think the star running back may not play much this year if any. He is committed to OU and is a easy 3 year to NFL type player.  I think it will be McKinney North, John tyler,  Sherman,  West mesquite.   Its still early but that is the scoop.

What? Really? Don’t they still have those big 6’5 receiver though? And why the RB limited? Honestly thought with all they have they would be legit

18 minutes ago, bingosmith said:

After week 1, McNorth looks like the favorite. Their offense will put up 30 every week. Defense will give up points so 30 may not beat some teams in the district, but with JT and Poteet struggling McNorth gets the early nod. 

For JT it’s more so of the schedule. Just like last year. JT got smoked 66-7 in the first game of the season last year but was only one TD from taking down the state champ. Every one in JTs district would probably go either 1-3 or 0-4 with our preseason schedule. 

12 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Horn will have a good season. I see them finishing 3rd in district, Mesquite’s game last night was not solid so I see them topping them for that 3rd spot.

JT will have a good season. They’re district is not that competitive in terms of talent to what JT has. And the playoff run will be there until they meet HP. 

Just depends on what expectations you have. 

Same thing i said really. No one will have no where near the amount of talent that our pre season teams have. The closet was gonna be poteet but we see how that’s going so.... so other than we won’t see any real competition imo until HP or maybe Lufkin if they get past lone star

46 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Same thing i said really. No one will have no where near the amount of talent that our pre season teams have. The closet was gonna be poteet but we see how that’s going so.... so other than we won’t see any real competition imo until HP or maybe Lufkin if they get past lone star

Who knows...just going to do what JB always tell me to do, enjoy the moment. 

I didn’t know the 2012 and 2017 teams would make runs, but thought 2011 and 18 would. Wrong on both accounts. This is one of those seasons like those two when people don’t really expect much and the Pack could do it. I’m definitely not going to go crazy over week 1. Had every chance to beat a program that won the title last season and was bringing back the top QB in the nation. Also, we probably won’t play a defense like that again the whole season (mostly front 7 and because of situation).....considering it was right out the gate for first game of the season with new line. Moore had an experience line when he went to Longview last season. People talk about the new guys blocking for HK, but ignore that. Moore didn’t even have a turnover dealing with that. That is something i loved. This team has potential....a lot of potential if they come together. 

28 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

I didn’t know the 2012 and 2017 teams would make runs, but thought 2011 and 18 would. Wrong on both accounts. This is one of those seasons like those two when people don’t really expect much and the Pack could do it. I’m definitely not going to go crazy over week 1. Had every chance to beat a program that won the title last season and was bringing back the top QB in the nation. Also, we probably won’t play a defense like that again the whole season (mostly front 7 and because of situation).....considering it was right out the gate for first game of the season with new line. Moore had an experience line when he went to Longview last season. People talk about the new guys blocking for HK, but ignore that. Moore didn’t even have a turnover dealing with that. That is something i loved. This team has potential....a lot of potential if they come together. 

There you go my friend.... it happens in a blur. Be in the moment..root for your team and.......Enjoy the journey!!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

And yes the Pack has talent. This is a new year. That is what the pre district schedule is for. They have to develop their identity. When they do....look out for whomever has to play the Pack! 

I always keep up with you guys!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

I think MN may have a say in this, I have them anywhere between 2-4. There’s a possibility they can finish at the top. And JT have to play them there.

12 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

What? Really? Don’t they still have those big 6’5 receiver though? And why the RB limited? Honestly thought with all they have they would be legit

They all moved up to College except one, and the other is doubtfull to play. It may change but unlikely.  It depends if they come together.  I don't see it this year.

36 minutes ago, cujo2016 said:

True, but who in this district defensively will? Maybe WM, but don’t know if they has the offense. 

none of the offenses in our district outside of north will have a chance to score more than 28 on us especially now since poteet seems to be in rebuilding mode.

12 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Crazy that we almost had 300 yards rushing and still lost. That’s what happens when your in scoring range and don’t score

As I was watching the game, Crawford was literally three steps from scoring three more TD’s. 1) on that one step out of bounds that was call back to around the fifty. 2) where he had two identical runs on the outside of the tackle, one he tripped a blockers leg, and the other seemed like he tripped over his own feet. I feel like he would have taken them to the house.