Winnsboro vs Winona

BoyzNdaHood

Winnsboro vs Winona   

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/31/2019 at 12:30 AM

Jett I am going to have to go with your wildcats in this one. Winns still learning new things under the new coach and I believe your wildcats are going to have to much speed. If winns does what they normally do and play keep away it could be a close one but if they turn it in to a track meet I believe your wildcats can win it by two plus tds.

• LOL! 1

17 minutes ago, theprodigy said:

Jett I am going to have to go with your wildcats in this one. Winns still learning new things under the new coach and I believe your wildcats are going to have to much speed. If winns does what they normally do and play keep away it could be a close one but if they turn it in to a track meet I believe your wildcats can win it by two plus tds.

I'll take that 

4 hours ago, chevyman said:

@JETT how did the scrimmage go? Should be better for you guys when you get those others back right? Looking forward to the 30th

They got manhandled by West Rusk for the most part. They had a few good plays on offense but never really got anything going because WR D was swarming them. Depending on how good these move ins are that they are getting they should get better. 

4 hours ago, chevyman said:

@JETT how did the scrimmage go? Should be better for you guys when you get those others back right? Looking forward to the 30th

Our offense didn't do anything all scrimmage honestly, our starting QB went down with an injury early part of the scrimmage, the back ups threw at least 3 picks that I know of...the big defensive end will definitely help when hes cleared, and we were also missing our starting LB, hes out for a couple weeks, the other 3 transfers from JT should definitely help but I have not seen them in pads yet so I can't speak for them, I met them yesterday at the scrimmage, what I was told is 2 are seniors and a sophomore...  I seen areas of concern and positive signs so we shall see 

15 minutes ago, ReppinBeastTexas903 said:

They got manhandled by West Rusk for the most part. They had a few good plays on offense but never really got anything going because WR D was swarming them. Depending on how good these move ins are that they are getting they should get better. 

I'll agree with that

18 minutes ago, 3rdand5 said:

I heard Winny had 90 kids out this year. Talk to a guy that watched their first scrimmage against GS and said they dominated. Think they will not be the cellar team in their district this year. Cellar in that district maybe Minny.

I tried to tell folks that weeks ago but everyone thinks I’m crazy.  They are going to push for a playoff spot and upset one of the four favs.

58 minutes ago, 3rdand5 said:

I heard Winny had 90 kids out this year. Talk to a guy that watched their first scrimmage against GS and said they dominated. Think they will not be the cellar team in their district this year. Cellar in that district maybe Minny.

That is correct around 90 kids. Such a big advantage for all the kids involved to be able to see plenty of field action. Though I will say I thought we looked pretty good, Im not sure I would fully characterize it as "dominated". GS moved the ball decent at times against the 1st team defense and scored once vs. the 2s. Offensively I think we did very well. Only time will tell how it all shakes out

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chevyman said:

Winnsboro did not have their scrimmage with Hooks this week so now its all eyes on the Wildcats. @JETT scrimmage for you guys this week? Looking forward to next week

Our scrimmage went good, we did 2 live quarters it ended in 13-6 rains ahead, we had a 60 yard TD called back in the live portion as well for holding so overall we looked decent, we have work to do but i like where we are at this point in the year.... glad to see winnsboro coming out balling this year, the bottom only stays down so long.... I'm interested to see how we compete with you guys, we only have around 20 on the roster, depth always hurts us 

On 8/23/2019 at 11:20 AM, 3rdand5 said:

Don't get carried away here. Mineola is returning one of the best running backs in the region in Sneed! Winnsboro scored on two blown coverages against Grand Saline. Mineola will have plenty of speed something Winnsboro is lacking. Winnsboro will have a hard time in that district no offense. Sabine still has the Landon kid at QB who threw for 2 and ran for 2 against troup in a half of football! Tatum and West Rusk still loaded with size and talent. Gladewater is the front runner for that district so don't forget about them. Im not saying they won't compete but don't crown them a playoff spot right away!

Not from Winny so I have no dog in the hunt. But when you get 90 kids out for football in todays world that is great in my opinion. Plus I thought Finney did a great job at MV. Not a fan of his offense but he makes it work with the kids he had. I didn't say they would make the playoffs just they might not be the cellar team.  Mineola has the Sneed kid that is one of the best running backs in the district if not the best. But you don't run without a line up front. They lost their big tackles that open holes for him. Don't see anyone up front that matches their ability. Plus losing their whole offensive coaching staff is not going to help. The big difference will be lost of the QB. Good runner and most of all a extension of the O coaching staff. Great leader and could handle Sneed. They don't have a coach left that can do that. If the DC's in this district can't control Sneed then it will be a district that want be in the playoffs long.

1 hour ago, 3rdand5 said:

Not from Winny so I have no dog in the hunt. But when you get 90 kids out for football in todays world that is great in my opinion. Plus I thought Finney did a great job at MV. Not a fan of his offense but he makes it work with the kids he had. I didn't say they would make the playoffs just they might not be the cellar team.  Mineola has the Sneed kid that is one of the best running backs in the district if not the best. But you don't run without a line up front. They lost their big tackles that open holes for him. Don't see anyone up front that matches their ability. Plus losing their whole offensive coaching staff is not going to help. The big difference will be lost of the QB. Good runner and most of all a extension of the O coaching staff. Great leader and could handle Sneed. They don't have a coach left that can do that. If the DC's in this district can't control Sneed then it will be a district that want be in the playoffs long.

Enough about sneed etc, lmfao.... what ya think about this game

I don’t know if it’s still an issue or not but when we beat Winona a couple years ago it was because they weren’t disciplined. They had better athletes at every position. If Winona is disciplined on defense they can stop Winnsboro and will probably win a lot of games this year. Good luck to both teams.  

3 hours ago, Bclove05 said:

I don’t know if it’s still an issue or not but when we beat Winona a couple years ago it was because they weren’t disciplined. They had better athletes at every position. If Winona is disciplined on defense they can stop Winnsboro and will probably win a lot of games this year. Good luck to both teams.  

Discipline is always a issue for our kids, as soon as they learn to hush that mouth we may beat a few teams smfh

14 minutes ago, JETT said:

Discipline is always a issue for our kids, as soon as they learn to hush that mouth we may beat a few teams smfh

Glad you didn’t take it the wrong way. I meant no disrespect. The athletes are usually there in Winona to compete. 

25 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

Glad you didn’t take it the wrong way. I meant no disrespect. The athletes are usually there in Winona to compete. 

I see it first hand. We have good athletes but kill ourselves year in/out.... discipline is a big key to success in this game, we have alot of cocky kids around here, must be something in the water lmao.... I hope we improve in that area this year and compete, I've seen a few tempers flare in our first scrimmages but not like were use to seeing so that's nice, but friday will tell the tale 

Almost game day. Looking forward to getting it kicked off with the Junior Varsity tonight. Winny will field a very solid JV team this year so excited to see them tonight. As for tomorrow night, I think it will be a great game. I know the raiders have had a great 2 weeks of practice and are chomping at the bit to get it going after not having the scrimmage last week.

15 hours ago, 3rdand5 said:

90 kids don't mean anything! if you got the right 11 those other 79 can't get on the field and help you out! No one said it was 90 stud athletes. I am happy winny has 90 out means they are excited for the new coach and program but Mineola is a good program! they have stayed competitive since they lost the stud qb that won them state and everyone thought they would be down. I am telling you right now so remember this! Mineola will beat Winnsboro by 2 or 3 plus touchdowns. White oak isn't no slouch either that running back is a stud and Micah Gibson back from injury will help out wide. Winnsboro will be lot better this year but I don't see them beating the top teams in that district or Mineola. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, theprodigy said:

90 kids don't mean anything! if you got the right 11 those other 79 can't get on the field and help you out! No one said it was 90 stud athletes. I am happy winny has 90 out means they are excited for the new coach and program but Mineola is a good program! they have stayed competitive since they lost the stud qb that won them state and everyone thought they would be down. I am telling you right now so remember this! Mineola will beat Winnsboro by 2 or 3 plus touchdowns. White oak isn't no slouch either that running back is a stud and Micah Gibson back from injury will help out wide. Winnsboro will be lot better this year but I don't see them beating the top teams in that district or Mineola. 

90 kids means they got kids out of the halls and onto the practice field that chose not to play before.  Perhaps they were basketball or baseball only.  Some were move ins.  So only Winnsboro knows if there are some “stud” athletes in that mix or not.  But you are wrong on your prediction.  Winnsboro will beat Mineola and WO and upset one of the four district favorites to get the 4th playoff spot.