💥 Battle over the Second Amendment

RETIREDFAN1

Firearms Poll  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support Universal Background Checks for all gun sales and transfers?

2. 2. Do you support expanded screening for prohibited buyers to include persons with violent mental health history?

3. 3. Do you support reinstating the 1994 assault weapons ban?

10 hours ago, ScreamingEagle said:

I wonder how many were not taking their meds at the time of the shooting. I have a better idea. How about we just give all kids guns and make sure that those with mental issues have no meds. That should fix everything. 

Maybe banning Islam would be the way to go.
“He’s also following resistance groups, like Syrian Resistance groups and fighter groups out of Iraq and, we should also note that a couple days ago,

On 2/14/2018 at 7:21 PM, Greezychef said:

Any parent that allows a gun into the hands of their murderous child needs to be held accountable.  

Those parents who fail to discipline their kids are Already Responsible for these kid's behavior. Kids today are spoiled & left to their own devices; they are pretty much raising themselves.

8 hours ago, ScreamingEagle said:

BD3C3AAE-3BF7-49FC-8DDE-35B8D95BFF91.jpeg

I see you got your official democrat party talking points fax machine working again. When are y’all going to update that thing and start using email? Aren’t you concerned about contributing to global warming with all the paper Crazy Nancy uses faxing your opinions to you? 

10 hours ago, ScreamingEagle said:

Can’t do that because of the pesky constitution. Shuuuucks. 

Are you could be honest and agree with our Founding Fathers and say that the pesky constitution was created for a people based on Christian beliefs, not your atheism or your intellectual dishonest assessment of Islam and Christianity teachings being on par with one another. 

• Like 1

Do you know the outrage ,that would have happened, if at anytime while the school shooter was in school and when he acted out ,before the day of the shooting, if a teacher or coach would have confronted him, held him accountable for his actions, or touched him? That teacher/coach would have been fired, investigated and labeled the bully for being mean to the school shooter. So next time you start going social justice warrior on Facebook about what’s going on, just remember you are part of the problem.

Share it if you want, laugh at it if you want, but it is true.

• Thanks 3

On 2/15/2018 at 6:34 PM, DaveTV1 said:

He was 19 and out of school from my understanding.  I'm not sure if he graduated or dropped out, because I can't find that information only that he was a former student.  I can assure you that I made a 814 mile trip to Cincinnati to see my brother in 1988.  I was already living on my own and supporting myself.  As shown by your article they have yet to find a link, and you are correct why did he shoot so many white students if he was a white supremacist.  

He was expelled from what I’ve seen

1 hour ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Of all the reading I've done on this the only two proposals I've seen are: 1) raise age limit on gun sales.  Which the guy made a decent argument for noting the age restrictions for alcohol and other stuff. 

2) Armed guards at every school. 

Why penalize law abiding young people by raising the age limit to purchase a firearm? ...

I agree on 2) ....

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 4to3 said:

How do you pay for #2? Local tax increase, state funds it, how?   How many officers per campus?  What factors determines how many officers per campus?  

Pay for it by cutting benefits to illegal aliens ...

I'm sure you would get a lot of volunteers from retired veterans and retired police officers .... who would gladly do it without pay ...

I'm sure schools could work out how many are needed, schedules, etc. ....

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, 4to3 said:

How do you pay for #2? Local tax increase, state funds it, how?   How many officers per campus?  What factors determines how many officers per campus?  

Hear me out...,,

each year people on death row are fed and housed.  It costs hundreds of millions of dollars.    Only allow 3-6 months to appeal then execute them.  Money saved would be a good start.   If there’s an open/shut murder case, don’t allow plea deals, death row 3-6 months.....money saved and available.  Tougher penalty for murderers might deter some folks and it would free up money.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Pay for it by cutting benefits to illegal aliens ...

I'm sure you would get a lot of volunteers from retired veterans and retired police officers .... who would gladly do it without pay ...

I'm sure schools could work out how many are needed, schedules, etc. ....

Great ideas too.  But who decides the difference in willing and able???  I don’t think a 70 year old with bad knees and ptsd needs to be guarding kids.  There needs to be some standards in place

• Mr. P changed the title to 💥 Battle over the Second Amendment
  • Mr. P locked and unlocked this topic