4A District 6

SHillBuckeye

5 minutes ago, Hogman2018 said:

Exactly just because I said LE was going to be down this year (which some of there coaches told me that) you started all this rhetoric. I said they will be young and will be good in a couple of years! It's a a forum why can't we disagree and be human about it. Everything is good have a good day and good Luck to LE on the season!!

Now you’re talking the impossible. 

1 hour ago, StangtilDeath said:

I can't freaking wait, I think iv watched all of the Hughes springs and gilmer games on YouTube over the last few weeks

I don't even think the internet was invented yet the last time we played Hughes Springs.😆  Did dem 'stangs whoop up on us dem days?:woot:

There is no doubt in my mind this Gilmer team will be better. Defensive line is big and physical led by a D 1 commit and the o line returned 4 who are older and more experienced. A lot of energy at practice so far led by great group of seniors. I think they can be very good

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BIGTEX1972 said:

There is no doubt in my mind this Gilmer team will be better. Defensive line is big and physical led by a D 1 commit and the o line returned 4 who are older and more experienced. A lot of energy at practice so far led by great group of seniors. I think they can be very good

Yea I think the Dline will be the strong point of the defense, if the dline coach would stop doing so much stunting with 3down lineman. Also the jr class is very strong with a couple of very talented Soph buckeyes should be strong for the next couple of yrs

1 hour ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Yea I think the Dline will be the strong point of the defense, if the dline coach would stop doing so much stunting with 3down lineman. Also the jr class is very strong with a couple of very talented Soph buckeyes should be strong for the next couple of yrs

I think it’s a very talented group 

14 hours ago, eagle34 said:

Those Buckeyes are never short on talent. 

True, but I think this season will hinge on 4 things. 

1. QB play. I thought Gilmer was very one dimensional last year QB wise. Didn’t run pretty much at all, so IF he can run, let him. If not, put in the Soph that can, and see if you can duplicate a little 2014 magic.

2. Defense. They were horrid last year, especially in the secondary. I believe the run defense will be stout, but the secondary will have to learn how to defend and make some stops in order for the defense to be successful.

3. Turnovers. Yes, turnovers happen, but my goodness. Limit them, especially INTs. I believe Gilmer three more INTs last year than the previous 3 years combined.

4. Injuries happen, and the Buckeyes had a LOT last year to key players. Stay healthy. 

I DO believe Gilmer will be better this year than last year, “should” have a few more wins, and hopefully a long playoff run. I’m predicting:

1. Pleasant Grove

2. Gilmer

3. Liberty  Eylau (might switch with 4)

4. Spring Hill (might switch with 3)

5. Pittsburg 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, SHillBuckeye said:

1. QB play. I thought Gilmer was very one dimensional last year QB wise. Didn’t run pretty much at all, so IF he can run, let him. If not, put in the Soph that can, and see if you can duplicate a little 2014 magic.

2. Defense. They were horrid last year, especially in the secondary. I believe the run defense will be stout, but the secondary will have to learn how to defend and make some stops in order for the defense to be successful.

3. Turnovers. Yes, turnovers happen, but my goodness. Limit them, especially INTs. I believe Gilmer three more INTs last year than the previous 3 years combined.

4. Injuries happen, and the Buckeyes had a LOT last year to key players. Stay healthy. 

I DO believe Gilmer will be better this year than last year, “should” have a few more wins, and hopefully a long playoff run. I’m predicting:

1. Pleasant Grove

2. Gilmer

5. Pittsburg 

I can only comment on one Gilmer game last year, but what I saw was not typical Gilmer football.  The OC was very predictable on his play calling against us.  Not hard to defend.  The QB from 2018 has a lot of potential but was young and inexperienced and made a lot of mistakes.  And yes the defense was not the Black Flag defense we have seen in the past.  But the Freshman QB that started on JV last year is a baller.  I expect he will push for the starting job this year.  The challenge with him this year is he will have a tendency to run first and throw second.  That could lead to injury as he moves up to play against varsity competition.  If he settles for the 5 yard gain and runs out of bounds vs trying to get that extra yard he will add another dimension to the offense that was not there last year.

1 hour ago, SHillBuckeye said:

1. Pleasant Grove

2. Gilmer

5. Pittsburg 

I agree

2 hours ago, SHillBuckeye said:

1. Pleasant Grove

2. Gilmer

5. Pittsburg 

The Carthage game last year, the Gilmer o-line just dove to the ground on planned short passing plays.  Never seen a NFL team or college team do it - I would figure there is something to that and try to block a little. 

• LOL! 1

22 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

I can only comment on one Gilmer game last year, but what I saw was not typical Gilmer football.  The OC was very predictable on his play calling against us.  Not hard to defend.  The QB from 2018 has a lot of potential but was young and inexperienced and made a lot of mistakes.  And yes the defense was not the Black Flag defense we have seen in the past.  But the Freshman QB that started on JV last year is a baller.  I expect he will push for the starting job this year.  The challenge with him this year is he will have a tendency to run first and throw second.  That could lead to injury as he moves up to play against varsity competition.  If he settles for the 5 yard gain and runs out of bounds vs trying to get that extra yard he will add another dimension to the offense that was not there last year.

This is what bothers me the most with our coaches.  They will NOT change quarterbacks, even when the starter is making mistake after mistake after mistake, or just not being effective.  I would love to see the sophomore get a chance at QB this season if we are not being effective at that position.  Any position "should" be up for grabs and EARNED, not just given.

1 hour ago, blackflag79 said:

This is what bothers me the most with our coaches.  They will NOT change quarterbacks, even when the starter is making mistake after mistake after mistake, or just not being effective.  I would love to see the sophomore get a chance at QB this season if we are not being effective at that position.  Any position "should" be up for grabs and EARNED, not just given.

+1

• 1 month later...

I don't really know what to think about Pitt. They scored 40+ to beat Pine Tree, but then held to 16 and under in the other games. Heard their defense is pretty good. 

LE played Argyle much tougher than anyone expected. They have the toughest schedule in their district I would say.

And I really don't know much about Spring Hill. They have played 2 tough opponents in Gladewater and Malakoff. 

Gilmer is improved from last year. And we all know about PG.