Week 1: Atlanta @ Gilmer - 8/30

H3llR4z0r

Atlanta vs Gilmer @ Jeff Traylor Stadium - 8/30  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?? (Atlanta is the correct answer ;))

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/31/2019 at 12:30 AM

8 hours ago, IronWall9 said:

I was impressed with the linebacker play we had.  The Shelton kid will be a good addition I think.  He seems to have a nose for the football.

Everyone but us pick up a Shelton kid this offseason?

On 8/20/2019 at 9:34 PM, H3llR4z0r said:

Lol I honestly didn't feel like it was close last year. I feel like our offense isn't quite what it was, but I feel our defense will be better. Really anxious for Friday. 

Yea you will see how much bigger and faster our defense is this yr but hope everyone stays healthy before the game gets here

I don't care if we lose all other games this year as long as we beat gilmer!   but seriously, our offense is not gonna be what it was last year , our defense looks to be better , I just hope we can hold our on and get to district play healthy , I think it will be a pretty good ballgame  it usually is ... 

32 minutes ago, Mudman246 said:

I don't care if we lose all other games this year as long as we beat gilmer!   but seriously, our offense is not gonna be what it was last year , our defense looks to be better , I just hope we can hold our on and get to district play healthy , I think it will be a pretty good ballgame  it usually is ... 

So is the offense better or worse ? You really didn’t indicate. 

8 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

So is the offense better or worse ? You really didn’t indicate. 

So far, it doesn't seem as good. This year's QB isn't really a QB. He is a great wide receiver, but unfortunately I think he's the only option we have at QB. We have a freshman that's really good but he just doesn't quite have the size, or experience yet. 

We still have some really good backs, as usual. The JR is really fast and shifty, and the senior is like a bowling ball. Soph. is going to be great. Gladewater fans that I've talked to seem to remember our #17 from 2015 (D-Line), and the Soph. RB is his little brother. Should be a heck of an athlete. O-line is so-so. Seem to be a little better than last year, but it would take a ton of improvement from last year's line to have a "good" o-line. 

We will see what happens. We have athletes. Defense I feel is definitely better than last years though, even considering the opponents. 

Replacing last year's QB was going to be a task either way. Not that he was the best QB, but because he was just an athlete. He could make things happen. He also had a pretty accurate deep ball. I'm not sure we will even be able to fill those shoes, honestly. But the QB may surprise me. The Soph. may come up and play and surprise us. You can't ever tell. I just hope we keep a healthy team. Already had 1 scare in the first scrimmage. 

1 minute ago, H3llR4z0r said:

So far, it doesn't seem as good. This year's QB isn't really a QB. He is a great wide receiver, but unfortunately I think he's the only option we have at QB. We have a freshman that's really good but he just doesn't quite have the size, or experience yet. 

We still have some really good backs, as usual. The JR is really fast and shifty, and the senior is like a bowling ball. Soph. is going to be great. Gladewater fans that I've talked to seem to remember our #17 from 2015 (D-Line), and the Soph. RB is his little brother. Should be a heck of an athlete. O-line is so-so. Seem to be a little better than last year, but it would take a ton of improvement from last year's line to have a "good" o-line. 

We will see what happens. We have athletes. Defense I feel is definitely better than last years though, even considering the opponents. 

You guys will be fine. I feel like this may be one of the most explosive offenses we’ve ever had and the defense will be pretty solid too. Staying healthy and keeping their heads on straight will be the key to a good season for us. 

17 minutes ago, Mudman246 said:

it will surprise me if our offense is as good as last year,  ive watched both scrimmages and our defense is greatly improved from last year

How did it go last night?  Did the offense struggle to move the ball?  Did Woods play QB or did Mclure?  Did MP move the ball on us or did we come hitting?  Just curious, haven't heard much.

Just now, IronWall9 said:

How did it go last night?  Did the offense struggle to move the ball?  Did Woods play QB or did Mclure?  Did MP move the ball on us or did we come hitting?  Just curious, haven't heard much.

All I know is what @Mudman246 told me, and that's that MP didn't score on our 1's, and we won the live qtr 7-0 I believe. 

5 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Naw they scored on y’all 1’s I seen the video of the whole scrimmage but y’all didn’t look bad but definitely smaller than last yr 

Just what @Mudman246 told me. I still have to trust his judgement, because he actually knows who all our starters are.

51 minutes ago, IronWall9 said:

MP  couldn't run on us  they did move the ball some with the pass, in the controlled part  we scored 2 times and MP scored 2 times but both times they scored our 2's were in, they never scored on our starters,  live portion we scored once  and they stopped us on about the 2 yd. line , and I don't think they ever made it past midfield in the live quarter  ,  all in all we done very well  offense looked much better and I think our defense is going to be stout especially when some of those younger guys get some experience and settle down...  i bring on Gilmer  lets see where we are at....

52 minutes ago, Mudman246 said:

MP  couldn't run on us  they did move the ball some with the pass, in the controlled part  we scored 2 times and MP scored 2 times but both times they scored our 2's were in, they never scored on our starters,  live portion we scored once  and they stopped us on about the 2 yd. line , and I don't think they ever made it past midfield in the live quarter  ,  all in all we done very well  offense looked much better and I think our defense is going to be stout especially when some of those younger guys get some experience and settle down...  i bring on Gilmer  lets see where we are at....

Good deal!!  I like to hear that about the defense!!