Newton vs. Kirbyville  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Newton in a close one
    • Newton big
    • Kirbyville in a close one
    • Kirbyville big

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/31/2019 at 12:30 AM

41 minutes ago, EastTxFinest said:

Figs by a 30 pack 

Some people are concerned about the Figs thing, but on an interesting note during our state trek our cheerleaders always made up a sign about beating the fig Newtons and if the other side didn't put up their own sign about it, they would go over and put theirs up.

22 minutes ago, Purpleforever said:

Some people are concerned about the Figs thing, but on an interesting note during our state trek our cheerleaders always made up a sign about beating the fig Newtons and if the other side didn't put up their own sign about it, they would go over and put theirs up.

That's hilarious. Yall didnt put one on our side last year. Hell yall didnt need a sign lol

3 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

That Gaston will be as good or better than Barlow. At least that’s what a Newton poster had said that the late Coach Johnston had told him. If they get beat it won’t be by much. 

I haven't heard any on the field performances about this Gaston kid yet, I know how good that Barlow kid was from his soph season. 

If they keep it close in those three games, they are a potential state champion in 3AD2. But, I think they will at least win one, and maybe all three of them. That's just my opinion, but in 4 weeks time, we will know.  And you know what they say about opinions? Everyone has one. In 4 weeks, Somebody will be saying, I told you so.

3 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Did Gaston return? If so, they got a good shot of winning them. 

To the best of my knowledge he is back, but he has not been playing first string. Yet those were scrimmages. Newton only has 24 suited up on varsity. They will be playing old school Ironman football with players playing both ways. The defense will be key this year.

2 hours ago, Purpleforever said:

To the best of my knowledge he is back, but he has not been playing first string. Yet those were scrimmages. Newton only has 24 suited up on varsity. They will be playing old school Ironman football with players playing both ways. The defense will be key this year.

24 seems low for newton