Week 1: Westwood Panthers @ Alto Yellowjackets - 8/30

StingEmALTO

Week 1: Westwood Panthers @ Alto Yellowjackets - 8/30  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Game 1: Who wins the season opener?

• Westwood
    • Alto

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/31/2019 at 01:00 AM

The Alto Yellowjackets open the 2019 football season against the Palestine Westwood Panthers at Jacket Stadium. The Jackets finished the 2018 season with an 8-4 record while the Panthers ended 1-9. Both teams are under second year coaches, Ricky Meeks (Alto) and Richard Bishop (Westwood). The Mean Sting won last year’s meeting 48-28. Both teams hope to take a step forward this season, and a win on this night would be a great start! Lots of returning  starters on both teams: Alto with 8/7 and Westwood 6/6. 

I believe Alto has enough experience and talent to take this one by several touchdowns. I’ll say 54-14. (I’m hoping our defense has improved that much! Lol We’ll see!)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Alto by a ton

You know, I hope you're right!  lol  BUT, I think Westwood is supposed to be much improved this season.  They have a returning QB that can sling it AND some guys who can catch it!  I hope our guys get really physical with them and hang on to the ball (I think we had 6 turnovers in this game last year!).  READY FOR FRIDAY! (Thursday for that matter! :rofl:)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StingEmALTO said:

You know, I hope you're right!  lol  BUT, I think Westwood is supposed to be much improved this season.  They have a returning QB that can sling it AND some guys who can catch it!  I hope our guys get really physical with them and hang on to the ball (I think we had 6 turnovers in this game last year!).  READY FOR FRIDAY! (Thursday for that matter! :rofl:)

All you gotta do is separate them from the football when they do make a catch ...😁

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Ww line can't pick up the stunts real good as far as I could tell,that's why the 2-3 second release..js 

Yeah I saw y’alls go round with em the other day. They do like to get it out fast and short a lot and try to spring the wideout. I think we will get home a ton if we can shut that down early. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

Yeah I saw y’alls go round with em the other day. They do like to get it out fast and short a lot and try to spring the wideout. I think we will get home a ton if we can shut that down early. 

Yeah,speed rush has to come from tackle inward,ends won't have time to get there and backside can't help.linenackers need to get airborne quick to slow em down in the flats.small quick nose guard might create havoc tho...lol 

It’s here! Shout out to the entire staff and all the boys for the long hours and hard work put in preparing for this season! Also, a special shout out for those who’ve donated a ton of time making sure we have a good looking place to play after the spring we had. You’re the real MVP!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

It’s here! Shout out to the entire staff and all the boys for the long hours and hard work put in preparing for this season! Also, a special shout out for those who’ve donated a ton of time making sure we have a good looking place to play after the spring we had. You’re the real MVP!

@SwarmingOnEm I echo your sentiment!  I don't know of a harder working staff and school district than Alto.  With what we have endured since April 13th, HATS OFF to the whole community.  Tonight will be a ball game, but more than that...........a CELEBRATION of "STRENGTH THROUGH ADVERSITY" and our COMMUNITY spirit.  Friday night lights always brings the town together, but even more so this year! 💪

• Like 1