PG Hallsville scrimmage

Hawknation03

PG did not disappoint in their first and only Regulated scrimmage. Hallsville was off to a good start scoring a TD on their first possession. After that it was all PG. Scoring 4 unanswered touchdowns and 5 total the Hawks looked like their state ranking. Hawks seemed to have an unlimited supply of running backs. When the Bobcats came up to stop the run senior Quarterback Ben Harmon made them pay. Three of the five Hawk touchdowns came from the Hawks air attack. All 3 were for more than 30 yards. The Hawks ground game was relentless. The Hawks Wingbacks led by Bruce Garrett unveiled a glimpse of some of the speed we can expect to see this year. When the Bobcats closed of the edges, the Hawks senior fullback Shayne Nelson gashed the middle of the Bobcats defense with a trio of punishing runs for 70 yards. 

The Bobcats simply did not have an answer for the versatile offense the Hawks unleashed.

The Hawks Defense started out a bit shaky but was able to stymie the Bobcats on the next four possessions

The Hawks will kick off the season next Friday night against a familiar foe. The Paris Wildcats. The Hawks have won the last two against Paris.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

PG did not disappoint in their first and only Regulated scrimmage. Hallsville was off to a good start scoring a TD on their first possession. After that it was all PG. Scoring 4 unanswered touchdowns and 5 total the Hawks looked like their state ranking. Hawks seemed to have an unlimited supply of running backs. When the Bobcats came up to stop the run senior Quarterback Ben Harmon made them pay. Three of the five Hawk touchdowns came from the Hawks air attack. All 3 were for more than 30 yards. The Hawks ground game was relentless. The Hawks Wingbacks led by Bruce Garrett unveiled a glimpse of some of the speed we can expect to see this year. When the Bobcats closed of the edges, the Hawks senior fullback Shayne Nelson gashed the middle of the Bobcats defense with a trio of punishing runs for 70 yards. 

The Bobcats simply did not have an answer for the versatile offense the Hawks unleashed.

The Hawks Defense started out a bit shaky but was able to stymie the Bobcats on the next four possessions

The Hawks will kick off the season next Friday night against a familiar foe. The Paris Wildcats. The Hawks have won the last two against Paris.

Are you a sportswriter?  Great recap!

I certainly know that Paris is better than Hallsville. Also I saw the grove put the ball on the ground way to much. I loved how physical PG Played they were hitting on both sides of the ball. 25 for PG was putting players on their back. All of the running backs were finishing their runs especially 21.

There was some rust on those Hawks for sure but they are definitely going to be tough to beat this year. We talk about Paris having speed and that they do but PG looked awful fast last night .

9 hours ago, Hawknation03 said:

I certainly know that Paris is better than Hallsville. Also I saw the grove put the ball on the ground way to much. I loved how physical PG Played they were hitting on both sides of the ball. 25 for PG was putting players on their back. All of the running backs were finishing their runs especially 21.

There was some rust on those Hawks for sure but they are definitely going to be tough to beat this year. We talk about Paris having speed and that they do but PG looked awful fast last night .

PG certainly isn't slow, but Paris will be faster team-wise.

20 hours ago, Hawknation03 said:

This should be a good one. 

15 hours ago, Hawknation03 said:

Yessir, PHYSICALITY, now that's the kind of football thats seperates the hard men from the soft men, who can hit and take a hit, who's tough and who's not tough and definitely the ones who don't like to hit and just grab thinking they hitting, I'm hoping my EF Jackets get back to the old school football mentality for the game, not this kind of football they are being coached to play on Friday nights, the no contact approach will not get your team in top physical form. 

I know it was a scrimmage....... but it seems Hallsville football has fallen completely off the map. 

While they have historically struggled to beat us.... they were always a tough out. Never an easy game to win. 

Always loaded with speed......generally had a stingy defense..... and an effective offense. 

Seems like they’ve lost their identity. 

Wish the Bobcats nothing but the best.  But looks like a long season is on the horizon. 

9 hours ago, 1utexfan said:

Agree ...the Hawks have been waiting a long time to hit another team. They certainly unleashed that frustration on Hallsville. I was not aware that Hallsville won 4 in their district last year and returned a dozen from last year. Once these Hawks get rolling they can flat out play some football..

thanks for the link. What a great read!!