Newton vs Silsbee

Purpleforever

Newton vs Silbee  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

Newton went on a rampage and beat Kirbyville 76-0. Silsbee lost to PNG 48-35. Newtons offense seems to be firing on all cylinders. I need to see a true test of the defense for a better picture of where the Eagles are. The Eagles have a 31 game win streak. Will Silsbee end it? Newton wins and the streak continues.

Really both teams played well. Silsbee of course played a much better team and gave up the ball in the second half.  This will truly be a test for Newton.  Newton's quarterback threw the ball when needed very  well, and with confidence.  Newton like always has a great backfield.  Defense was a beast. I think Newton walks away with a victory against Silsbee. The season is young and Newton will be tested early against probably the toughest schedule in Texas. I think they will respond. Gilmer, WOS, and Silsbee,  I think all have better teams than last year. Newton will win against at least one of these three teams, and, I think, they will win them all. I know that's a bold statement.  But I think Newton is a more complete team than last year. Glad the season has started and like every year in Newton it's going to be a good one. Yeah, Newton will be okay even if they are having a down year. 

Liked what I saw from Newton vs Kirbyville. Defense great. Passing looked on target. Running game awesome.  These backs hurt the opponents. They are hard to bring down. New QB looked good . IF the should have caught passes get caught Newton will be hard to beat. Silsbee will be tough but Newton will win this one. Oh and the next one and the Next one...

🏈🏈🏈3peat for Newton

7 hours ago, Purpleforever said:

Newton went on a rampage and beat Kirbyville 76-0. Silsbee lost to PNG 48-35. Newtons offense seems to be firing on all cylinders. I need to see a true test of the defense for a better picture of where the Eagles are. The Eagles have a 31 game win streak. Will Silsbee end it? Newton wins and the streak continues.

Kirbyville isn't a good team 

11 minutes ago, OleMoe said:

Elysian Field against Newton would probably have the same outcome with Newton winning. Kirbyville better than you give them credit. 

Credit for what, for only winning a total of 4 games the last two yrs, dude stop it. 

10 minutes ago, Ponderossa said:

Did Newton win 96-0? saw that score on KTRE. That’s ridiculous and classless by Newton.

Newton was ahead 60-0 at halftime, they won 76-0. I heard everyone got to play. Newton only has 24 varsity players until they move some freshmen up or it was what I heard.

Even if it's 96-0, it's a 48 minute game. It's just as bad for the punter to take 3 giant steps backward and bow when the ball is snapped to him. Some of these players will face a lot more adversity at some point in their life than being down 12 TDs in a game, so a 76 or 96-0 defeat is a good teaching lesson for how to respond to true life adversity later in life. 

• Stinks 1

1 hour ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

How’d Gaston kid do?

NB he gonna be a Bull..dont know his stats but when he touches the ball things happen..He didnt start but came in later. The other backs great also. Passing and Defense looked good.. Newton gonna be tough to beat.. The kicking game is non existent but running the 2 point conversion worked all night.

9 hours ago, AmphibiousRodent said:

Really both teams played well. Silsbee of course played a much better team and gave up the ball in the second half.  This will truly be a test for Newton.  Newton's quarterback threw the ball when needed very  well, and with confidence.  Newton like always has a great backfield.  Defense was a beast. I think Newton walks away with a victory against Silsbee. The season is young and Newton will be tested early against probably the toughest schedule in Texas. I think they will respond. Gilmer, WOS, and Silsbee,  I think all have better teams than last year. Newton will win against at least one of these three teams, and, I think, they will win them all. I know that's a bold statement.  But I think Newton is a more complete team than last year. Glad the season has started and like every year in Newton it's going to be a good one. Yeah, Newton will be okay even if they are having a down year. 

I go along with you  Newton is the total package  and yes the season is young Silsbee is a better team that showed up last night at PN-G  I do think the tigers will be ready and yes I also agree you to have so very tuff teams ahead of you Gilmer is the real deal     GOOD LUCK FRIDAY  PS KEEP A EYE ON THE GULF SOMETHING GOING ON JUST STARTED

4 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

How’d Gaston kid do?

According to the play by play commentator the kid has unbelievable cut backs. He said at one point, he thought his knee was down , he cut so sharp and low, but made the cut, and ran for 22 yards. I was also surprised to hear Sylvester lined up at tight end, and made a catch. First time I ever heard him playing offense I think Newton can probably beat Silsbee, but I'm afraid they will lose the next two. Gilmer and WOS are gonna be tough. Lack of depth will hurt the Eagles this year I'm afraid. I hope I live to eat my words. Somebody said iron man football for them this year, and that is true.