Week Two: Marshall at Longview

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (1-0) vs Marshall Mavericks (0-1)  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • Marshall in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/07/2019 at 12:30 AM

Seems strange we are three pages in and only 2 post from Mav posters and none from the Maverick PR guru @mavchamp. 

Mav fans thoughts on the game..... I know the Mavs had a tough outing last week. Thoughts on what is fixable and the impact on the game with the Lobos. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, jbabi86 said:

Seems strange we are three pages in and only 2 post from Mav posters and none from the Maverick PR guru @mavchamp. 

Pretty shocked they’re not saying anything at all as well. Would love to hear more from our Marshall faithful.

39 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Man, it feels like we’re playing Rockwall Heath this week....

Agree...pretty shocked by how quiet this has been...hope Lobos take care of business and put this game away early so they can get some good reps in and practice on what they need to get better on

Well being a Mavs fan for 50  + years and seeing the ups and down of this school I feel like there was way to much hype on this team, new coaching staff, and all the upgrades going on in all areas of the school. The fan base got a shot to the jaw when they lost to Tyler Lee and now playing y'all then Carthage is not the way they had hoped this season would start. Tyler Lee pushed both the offense and defense lines around. Not good when you have 9 starters returning on defense. Not counting them out in district play though. They should fair alright then. It's tuff when you play 2 class 6A D 2 teams and one now being ranked 4th then Carthage 4A D1 ranked 2nd. Quite a preseason challenge! Good luck Longview and I hope you guys win another state championship! Still got to say Go Mavs and good luck to Marshall coaching staff!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Gramps said:

Well being a Mavs fan for 50  + years and seeing the ups and down of this school I feel like there was way to much hype on this team, new coaching staff, and all the upgrades going on in all areas of the school. The fan base got a shot to the jaw when they lost to Tyler Lee and now playing y'all then Carthage is not the way they had hoped this season would start. Tyler Lee pushed both the offense and defense lines around. Not good when you have 9 starters returning on defense. Not counting them out in district play though. They should fair alright then. It's tuff when you play 2 class 6A D 2 teams and one now being ranked 4th then Carthage 4A D1 ranked 2nd. Quite a preseason challenge! Good luck Longview and I hope you guys win another state championship! Still got to say Go Mavs and good luck to Marshall coaching staff!

It's not how you start,  it's how you finish.   First 5 games are to prepare for the last 5 (district.). Those W's and L's from 1st 5 games matter only in rankings and pride.  Just my .02.  Good luck to both teams and we'll see you guys from Mav nation next week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAWG91 said:

It's not how you start,  it's how you finish.   First 5 games are to prepare for the last 5 (district.). Those W's and L's from 1st 5 games matter only in rankings and pride.  Just my .02.  Good luck to both teams and we'll see you guys from Mav nation next week.

Exactly. This doesn't make or break the season for either team. Neither does Marshall's loss to Tyler Lee.

For Marshall, you have to realize you're playing UP a classification or two, and you're playing one of the best teams in that classification. A loss to Longview in no way stands in the way of winning district, having a deep playoff run, or even winning state. Conversely, a win over Longview means nothing once district play starts. The Mavs just need to focus on execution and when they play other teams, the game will really slow down for them after going against a team like Longview. 

11 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

I knew this was coming....going to be ugly for the Mavs....

I hate it for those kids....huge potential for Mavs to challenge this year....

hope they have a good game plan to not get this backup QB hurt on Friday night

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

From a Longview stand point, this #### cause I thought JJ would be able to test a bit. 

From a Marshall stand point, man. This changes your entire freakin season.

The one thing I am hoping for is that Griedl makes this an LT type offense....that may test us with the 4-8 receivers that will get the ball....they may get their head taken off but it will be a different style passing attack

• Like 1

I wouldn’t say gone up in smoke.....got faith in the Burris kid. Has a pretty good arm and he can move when need be but no jj in that regard. I’m sure coach g and the rest of the staff will get a good gameplan around him. Now first game as a starter against Longview might be a little rough but we shall see.