Week 2 Liberty-Eylau @ Carthage

PantherNation2015

Just want to see LE improve from their first game mistakes. Too many fumbles, special team mistakes and penalties hurt them against A-High. A-High scored 3 times off of fumbles inside their own 30 smh. With that said, LE won’t back down for Carthage! Carthage in a close one .

Carthage definitely looks the part. One of the best “looking” team Carthage has had. Kids worked hard in the offseason. Just want to see D continue to be physical and offense continue to work on the pass game. QB just needs time under the big lights. Has a big arm and really good looking athletic kid. 

And to all the fans yelling “run the ball!”, please shut up. Lol. Why does Carthage need to run the ball? This is pre-district. Pretty much a given that Carthage is going to have a hell of a run game with that O-Line and Courtney (Who by the way looked excellent. He also had a good offseason. Looks much faster and had some twitch I didn’t see last year).

Carthage needs to work on the passing game. People seem to forget that every year it’s like this. Surratt will try not to get Carthage beat passing, but if it happens so what. I think he will run the ball on anybody we play except maybe PG. Pass game is most important to work on at this point. Run the ball just enough to win until the passing game is set. Just my opinion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Carthage definitely looks the part. One of the best “looking” team Carthage has had. Kids worked hard in the offseason. Just want to see D continue to be physical and offense continue to work on the pass game. QB just needs time under the big lights. Has a big arm and really good looking athletic kid. 

And to all the fans yelling “run the ball!”, please shut up. Lol. Why does Carthage need to run the ball? This is pre-district. Pretty much a given that Carthage is going to have a hell of a run game with that O-Line and Courtney (Who by the way looked excellent. He also had a good offseason. Looks much faster and had some twitch I didn’t see last year).

Carthage needs to work on the passing game. People seem to forget that every year it’s like this. Surratt will try not to get Carthage beat passing, but if it happens so what. I think he will run the ball on anybody we play except maybe PG. Pass game is most important to work on at this point. Run the ball just enough to win until the passing game is set. Just my opinion.

Agree.  We looked good against Jax and did what we were supposed to do.  Threw the ball over 30 times to get Horton some work.  All in all I saw more positive than negative.  Yes we could have rushed for over 500 yards in the first half if we wanted to but what good does that do us?  We already knew we could run the ball.  Defense was going to be the strength of the team early and it showed last night.  We looked equally as good last year and went to LE and laid an egg the following week.  Let’s see what week two brings before we get ahead of ourselves.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Agree.  We looked good against Jax and did what we were supposed to do.  Threw the ball over 30 times to get Horton some work.  All in all I saw more positive than negative.  Yes we could have rushed for over 500 yards in the first half if we wanted to but what good does that do us?  We already knew we could run the ball.  Defense was going to be the strength of the team early and it showed last night.  We looked equally as good last year and went to LE and laid an egg the following week.  Let’s see what week two brings before we get ahead of ourselves.

Agree 100%. I’ve said it many times, when Carthage is special on D they pretty much win state. I’m going to wait to anoint this D as special, but after last night let’s just say they are a promising bunch. 

• Thanks 1
  • LOL! 1

4 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Agree 100%. I’ve said it many times, when Carthage is special on D they pretty much win state. I’m going to wait to anoint this D as special, but after last night let’s just say they are a promising bunch. 

Let’s see how they compete against LE, Marshall, Gilmer and PG before we talk about “special”.  Certainly has the makings of it, but only time will tell.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Let’s see how they compete against LE, Marshall, Gilmer and PG before we talk about “special”.  Certainly has the makings of it, but only time will tell.

That’s what I said in the Jax thread. We will know a lot more after playing some of these high powered offenses. Time will tell. Good thing is the preseason is pretty stacked with Marshall, Gilmer, and PG. All should have dynamic offenses to see where the Dawgs are at.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Anyone who is yelling run the ball in game one either hasn't been watching Bulldog football for the last what?  13 years now?  Or just doesn't understand.  Get that mess worked out NOW!  Hahaha

12 hours ago, Hogman2018 said:

Carthage can name the score! Carthage 42 LE 12. QB play and kicking game is lacking!! Gonna be a long season for LE

Must get improved play at qb. Don't know what they're going to do about punting game. L-E is still playoff bound if they don't give up.

8 hours ago, cotton84 said:

Heard Surratt is moving the LG to center and putting the big soph at LG......just so from tackle to tackle he can average over 300 lbs. 

Not sure about that one yet.  The Soph still needs some time to develop and we ran at will last Fri.  Maybe starting center rolled an ankle?

2 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Not sure about that one yet.  The Soph still needs some time to develop and we ran at will last Fri.  Maybe starting center rolled an ankle?

Not everything I post is serious.  Sometimes I try to get a couple of coaches to laugh.