Shelbyville (1-0) at Sabine (1-0)

Bclove05

Shelbyville at Sabine  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/07/2019 at 12:30 AM

1 hour ago, ProdigyMaker said:

Shelbyville will surprise people this year. They have a lot of kids playing that need to play but normally don't.  They will have some inexperience issues but talent wise they are a top 10 team. 

They have been experimenting with the spread with success, but pretty much abandoned it the other night. Hopefully the coaching staff can figure it out?

Brinson will gash Sabine running the football. 150 yards plus. He is very gifted and natural as a runner. 

Shelbyville has a very strong sophomore and jr. Class. They will be good for a few years.

Shelbyville pulls off the win this week. 32 -27. Look for a big defensive touchdown. 

Top 10 team......🤔 Heat must be getting to ole Prodigymaker. Starting to get delerious.

This will definitely be a game to see which team is conditioned. After seeing the Carlisle game and seeing those Indians dropping like flies with cramps, I think Sabine will be the more conditioned team. Heat Index should be atleast 100degrees at kickoff..Start hydrating NOW!!

Shelbyville might suprise some people but I don't think it will start this week. If they don't have anything to go with that running back he will be hard pressed to run for a 100. Sabines defensive line is a good group that is not only strong but fast for the position they play. We have a good rotation so they stay fresh and you can tell it in the 4th quarter.

I think Sabine wins, but I don’t think it will be a blowout. Shelbyville is improved and surprised some folks last year in their new coach’s first season. Shelbyville had some really bad seasons recently and the coaching carousel fiasco contributed to this. Things have settled down and I think they will be even stronger this year. Should be a competitive game. I think something like 28-21. 

2 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

I think Sabine wins, but I don’t think it will be a blowout. Shelbyville is improved and surprised some folks last year in their new coach’s first season. Shelbyville had some really bad seasons recently and the coaching carousel fiasco contributed to this. Things have settled down and I think they will be even stronger this year. Should be a competitive game. I think something like 28-21. 

How is it settled? They ran the single wing last year with no QB in formation. This year it’s spread zone read cuz the local folks put pressure on em to change. No exaggeration when I say Sville has had 15 coaches in 20 years.

15 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

How is it settled? They ran the single wing last year with no QB in formation. This year it’s spread zone read cuz the local folks put pressure on em to change. No exaggeration when I say Sville has had 15 coaches in 20 years.

By settled I meant they have the same head coach for two years in a row. Kind of like Frankston....I’m sure the locals are happy to have the same guy leading for consecutive years. I have no idea about what they are running. 

By settled I meant they have the same head coach for two years in a row. Kind of like Frankston....I’m sure the locals are happy to have the same guy leading for consecutive years. I have no idea about what they are running. 

Locals wanted gone em after last year. That’s why he changed offense. If it goes bad this year I can guarantee you they will be calling for the ax. It is extremely short leash in Sville in ftball. Sville won state in basketball which has the overall mood at currently good. But they are quickly turning into a basketball and baseball school with little emphasis on ftball 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BlueBlood99 said:

Locals wanted gone em after last year. That’s why he changed offense. If it goes bad this year I can guarantee you they will be calling for the ax. It is extremely short leash in Sville in ftball. Sville won state in basketball which has the overall mood at currently good. But they are quickly turning into a basketball and baseball school with little emphasis on ftball 

Well that’s a shame, but if that’s what the community wants then so be it. 🤷‍♂️ You can’t have the kind of turnover they have and be successful (exception to this rule: Tenaha! Lol). They sure do have a nice place for a community that is “quickly turning into a basketball and baseball school with little emphasis on ftball.” 

Well that’s a shame, but if that’s what the community wants then so be it. 🤷‍♂️ You can’t have the kind of turnover they have and be successful (exception to this rule: Tenaha! Lol). They sure do have a nice place for a community that is “quickly turning into a basketball and baseball school with little emphasis on ftball.” 

The nice place is because of tax revenue they gathered that should have went to another school district. They spent the funds on facilities while the tax situation was being challenged in courts. Ruling stated that the tax funds were indeed paid to the wrong district but since there was no precedent in a case like this the funds were correctly directed for the future but nothing could be done about past mistakes. And since the tax funds were already spent then.....oh well Sville had no funds to pay back to the rightful district. All this info is public knowledge and can be searched thru request for public information act..... But you are correct their facilities are 2nd to none

3 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

The nice place is because of tax revenue they gathered that should have went to another school district. They spent the funds on facilities while the tax situation was being challenged in courts. Ruling stated that the tax funds were indeed paid to the wrong district but since there was no precedent in a case like this the funds were correctly directed for the future but nothing could be done about past mistakes. And since the tax funds were already spent then.....oh well Sville had no funds to pay back to the rightful district. All this info is public knowledge and can be searched thru request for public information act..... But you are correct their facilities are 2nd to none

Wow! That’s crazy! They “lucked out” on that one. 😳

On 9/4/2019 at 10:37 PM, StingEmALTO said:

True, a multi million dollar facility that is extremely nice and a 50 cent mentality toward football! 

It's the administration and school board that is the problem. There has been a LOT of talent in Shelbyville over the last 20 years with little success to show for it. . And its totally the superintendent and school boards fault for not being able to hire the right coaches.