#8 Garrison @ Crockett week 2

Moffett

#8 Garrison @ Crockett week 2  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Crockett
    • Garrison

This game is really a toss up for me, but I give Crockett the slight (home field) advantage. It could go either way and will be a battle. Lots of athleticism and physicality for both teams. Garrison has gotten off to a slower start the last couple years (losses to TKG?!) and I believe the difference in this game may be that Crockett has a game under their belts and Garrison is testing some newbies in their first game of the season. Of course, I could be totally wrong and the maroon Bulldogs could come out and open a can of whoop #*^=! on them and Crockett lays over and it be a blowout. I don’t think so, but it’s just that kind of game where anything can happen. Good luck to both. I know they will have great seasons (and MAY even wind up in the same district AGAIN next year. 😉🤪)

On 9/1/2019 at 9:28 PM, StingEmALTO said:

They are playing as an “independent” and have dropped TAPPS for the season. Same thing All Saints did last year. Not sure why they dropped Garrison. Yes, numbers are low, but they picked a different opponent and played (lost to Milford?). 

Not sure why All Saints forfeited their last couple of games last year... it could not have been for lack of players... they had at least 50 on the sideline when Cushing played them... Athletes with good size... it just seemed they had a lack of “ get after it” or they seemed like they had it in the bag...  a few of their players had done talent.

I think TK Gorman has around 15 players 

I’m saying Crockett because they look more scary on offense this year than last year. From what I saw against Buffalo,  Crockett has open up the playbook even more. Bedford has multiple WR’s that can beat man coverage, and running better routes combination than last year. Multiple RB’s that can flat out fly. Also punt returns and kickoff returns can be taken to house at any time. I do think Crockett defense is better than last year and their going to make more stops. My opinion for Garrison is to keep the ball out of Crockett offense hands. Long drives and shorten the game. Just my opinion! We are dealing with 15-18 year olds.

12 hours ago, HulaKat said:

Not sure why All Saints forfeited their last couple of games last year... it could not have been for lack of players... they had at least 50 on the sideline when Cushing played them... Athletes with good size... it just seemed they had a lack of “ get after it” or they seemed like they had it in the bag...  a few of their players had done talent.

I think TK Gorman has around 15 players 

Doesn’t make sense, does it? 

57 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

57 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

No, it doesn’t... I guess down the stretch they just got tired of being beat by schools who can’t recruit.  Both All Saundra and Gorman usually get a few players from area...Tyler Lee/Chapel Hill and I guess a few from John Tyler that weren’t gonna start on varsity at their respective school but can usually contribute and flat out play at the small school TAPPS schools.

• Thanks 1

Guest Tiger03lb
24 minutes ago, JACKETLIFE said:

@Tiger03lb don’t let the fans get to ya. Hate to see people rooting against a team like Crockett because of personal feelings towards fans. Especially when you have no DOG in the fight! But I DO understand!

It's all good. I plan on making a game this year to see them. 

Guest Tiger03lb
5 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

Week 11 Franklin @ Crockett

That'll be a good game. Trying to decide if I want to see us play Kemp or go to the GW/tatum game that week.