Week 3: New Diana Eagles (2-0) @ Alto Yellowjackets (2-0) HOMECOMING - 9/13/19

StingEmALTO

New Diana @ Alto  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• New Diana
    • Alto

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/14/2019 at 01:00 AM

12 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Not sure if I think this one or SA/ Garrison is the small school game of the week. Both should be great games. I’ll take Alto to win this one by a TD. 

SA/Garrison should be the small school game of the week. We are working toward getting in the conversation again. We’ll know what we have in a couple weeks. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

SA/Garrison should be the small school game of the week. We are working toward getting in the conversation again. We’ll know what we have in a couple weeks. 

Y’all have a pretty tough gauntlet to run, very similar to ours. Garrison and CC in consecutive weeks. 

• Like 1

Alto fans said they needed to clean up penalties and they’d be just fine...they pitched a 45-0 shutout the next week and didn’t even rely on the running game to do it.

New Diana is playing with some confidence. But they’ve got to ride the yellow dog a good little distance, and play an opponent who is just as confident. 

Should be a good one. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

Not sure if I think this one or SA/ Garrison is the small school game of the week. Both should be great games. I’ll take Alto to win this one by a TD. 

If you are talking small school game of the week, I think I would go with Garrison/San Augustine simply because they are rivals and a top 10 matchup. Alto and New Diana aren’t rivals. Heck, I think we’ve only played each other that one time! 😂 Garrison and SA have history! (Remember 2003 when they were in the same district and both won state? I know YOU do, but some of these other folks might not know 🤷‍♂️).....AND they even played each other twice last year!

Now don’t get me wrong. I expect our game with ND to be a good game, especially with them being improved over last year and coming in 2-0. We are improved as well. Gonna be some fireworks Friday night in Alto! I’ll go with the Mean Sting 40-21.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villagegenius said:

Alto fans said they needed to clean up penalties and they’d be just fine...they pitched a 45-0 shutout the next week and didn’t even rely on the running game to do it.

New Diana is playing with some confidence. But they’ve got to ride the yellow dog a good little distance, and play an opponent who is just as confident. 

Should be a good one. 

Clean ‘em up we did and that was refreshing to see. Glad of it!  That first week was pretty frustrating but Friday night (although not perfect) was pretty close to it!  Much more disciplined. Very pleased!

1 hour ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

Friday night’s game was nostalgic for me. Felt like “Hey! This is Alto football!” 😂 I know it’s too early to tell if “we’re back” but it felt like it....felt good....I was encouraged. Energized.  If anything, more progress toward our goal and I’ll take it! One game at a time. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, JETT said:

Appreciate it hows them jackets coming along so far

Man, looking more like the Jackets of old! Lol Really did a nice job of limiting our penalties and controlling the game Friday night. What really surprised me the most was the progress we made in our passing game. You know the run has been our bread and butter, but Friday it was nice to see us making completions! 👍

Our defense was pretty stingy, too!! We have some guys that can hit!

How about Winona?

9 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

Man, looking more like the Jackets of old! Lol Really did a nice job of limiting our penalties and controlling the game Friday night. What really surprised me the most was the progress we made in our passing game. You know the run has been our bread and butter, but Friday it was nice to see us making completions! 👍

Our defense was pretty stingy, too!! We have some guys that can hit!

How about Winona?

Clueless how our season will end at the moment, we have potential but lack discipline in areas that are killers... clean up a few things and I see a area round squad this year.. we'll just have to wait and see... good luck against them eagles this week, they seem to playin good ball right now

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JETT said:

Clueless how our season will end at the moment, we have potential but lack discipline in areas that are killers... clean up a few things and I see a area round squad this year.. we'll just have to wait and see... good luck against them eagles this week, they seem to playin good ball right now

I hear ya. I’m sure y’all have the athletes to make a run, but that “lack discipline in areas that are killers” can sap the life out of you! Hope they improve each week and get to that next level. Good luck to y’all!

I expect a great game Friday! It was fun playing ND last year....someone different!

1 minute ago, StingEmALTO said:

I hear ya. I’m sure y’all have the athletes to make a run, but that “lack discipline in areas that are killers” can sap the life out of you! Hope they improve each week and get to that next level. Good luck to y’all!

I expect a great game Friday! It was fun playing ND last year....someone different!

I hope next realignment we can get yall back on schedule. Maybe since big thacker wont be on the field we can get ya this time lol... I always like coming thru and paying my respect to mr. Cam'ron Matthew's  R.I.P

18 minutes ago, JETT said:

I hope next realignment we can get yall back on schedule. Maybe since big thacker wont be on the field we can get ya this time lol... I always like coming thru and paying my respect to mr. Cam'ron Matthew's  R.I.P

Jett, I appreciate you saying that. Cam’ron will never be forgotten and will always be part of us. So glad our field is named after him so coming generations will know too! The really cool thing is that his older sister is now our varsity cheer sponsor!! And that is special! She is such a fine young lady who loves kids, our school and tradition. Their whole family is THE BEST and they are such a blessing to everyone.

Would be cool to play pre-district vs. the Wildcats again. Coach mentioned it the other day but I don’t know if anything will come of it. Realignment is always an exciting time! Who knows! 👍