Paris vs Gilmer

BIGTEX1972

Paris vs Gilmer  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Paris
    • Gilmer

I’m tryin to see something so Paris beat us last yr 27-21 and we had the ball last with a chance to win. Was a good game but all of a sudden they are gonna be to much for us, but we are better than we were last yr. I think it will be a good contest because this will be the first team they had played that actually pass the ball on the regular and can also run, granted PG can do both but we know they are a run first team and they were able to scheme for Pg because they run the same offense. 

6 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

I’m tryin to see something so Paris beat us last yr 27-21 and we had the ball last with a chance to win. Was a good game but all of a sudden they are gonna be to much for us, but we are better than we were last yr. I think it will be a good contest because this will be the first team they had played that actually pass the ball on the regular and can also run, granted PG can do both but we know they are a run first team and they were able to scheme for Pg because they run the same offense. 

Offensively, there's no comparison to the 2018 Paris team Gilmer faced last year.  Paris was still in the spread offense and dependent on the breakaway threat of one running back.  Since the mid-season switch to the wing-T, the Cats are now a PG clone who can hurt you from different angles running the ball plus they've added a dynamic passing threat they didn't have last year.

The Paris defense may not be as stout up front as last year, but the secondary is solid and overall this year's group is probably faster.

Both teams have improved since 27-21. This will be a good test.

• Like 1

The modern coaching bible reads, "Thou shalt schedule Homecoming before district".  Gilmer's choices this year were Atlanta (Aug. 30), Paris, or Newton (Sept. 27).   Homecoming before Labor Day should be illegal, so would you rather risk a loss to a good 4A-1 team or super 3A-2?

7 minutes ago, Parisian said:

The modern coaching bible reads, "Thou shalt schedule Homecoming before district".  Gilmer's choices this year were Atlanta (Aug. 30), Paris, or Newton (Sept. 27).   Homecoming before Labor Day should be illegal, so would you rather risk a loss to a good 4A-1 team or super 3A-2?

Carthage Hoco is Oct 18th against district foe Chapel Hill. I guess we just broke all the rules?

15 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Carthage Hoco is Oct 18th against district foe Chapel Hill. I guess we just broke all the rules?

Or maybe your coaching staff isn't worried about distractions.

My class is having its 50-year reunion this fall.  Homecoming for Paris was last week.  We chose to avoid the 100-degree temps and schedule it, instead, for a more traditional fall date of Oct. 18.  So instead of sweating through a 42-7 rout, we will witness a top 10 battle vs. Argyle.  There's something to be said about wisdom with age.  

• Like 2