Paris vs Gilmer

BIGTEX1972

Paris vs Gilmer  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Paris
    • Gilmer

On 9/8/2019 at 7:50 AM, DawgNation2015 said:

It’s always tough to win in Gilmer.  But why in the world would you schedule a top 10 4A D1 Paris for Homecoming?  Head scratcher.  I’ll take Gilmer at home by 3 in what should be a barn burner.

People are asking the same thing here. But considering how well PG matched up last year against the Dogs, It is an Iron sharpens Iron game. I'm gonna go Paris on this one, but have no real info to go with on Gilmer, so just a coin flip in my mind.

20 minutes ago, futfan said:

People are asking the same thing here. But considering how well PG matched up last year against the Dogs, It is an Iron sharpens Iron game. I'm gonna go Paris on this one, but have no real info to go with on Gilmer, so just a coin flip in my mind.

Homecoming was either going to be Paris or Newton.  We usually have our homecoming early in the season, so they decided on the Paris game.  Most of us just want to get homecoming over with..., if you know what I mean.

Homecoming these days is all about supporting the mum industry, HC queen and king popularity contests, a reason to stage a dance, and silly dress-up days.  It's not the big alumni draw like it once was.  If you can't have a bonfire and burn something, what's the point?  It's just not the same tradition it used to be.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Parisian said:

Homecoming these days is all about supporting the mum industry, HC queen and king popularity contests, a reason to stage a dance, and silly dress-up days.  It's not the big alumni draw like it once was.  If you can't have a bonfire and burn something, what's the point?  It's just not the same tradition it used to be.

True that.  We're under a burn ban anyway.  It's definitely a popularity contest that most of us don't care about.

As for this game, I can see this being a tight game that could go either way, in my opinion.  Better buckle up them chin straps tight because there will be some hitting going on.  We better be well prepared to play this one or it might get out of hand.  Stay poised, cut out the silly penalties, and do your job on the field.  One thing I can say that is a big improvement over last season's Buckeyes is they haven't been turning the ball over.  Zero turnovers in the Atlanta game, and one turnover "officially" in the Van game that shouldn't have been..., but I digress.  I believe if we cut out the penalties, and continue to take care of the ball offensively, we can play with just about anybody.

14 minutes ago, Parisian said:

I've been to games at the baseball field, but it's my first trip to Buckeye Stadium.  Is there visitor parking at the Career & Tech building or along Bradford Street?  I'm usually at the stadium an hour before kickoff.

Nevermind...I just found the parking information on the Gilmer website.  Due to the new construction, it looks like a nightmare.

3 minutes ago, Parisian said:

Nevermind...I just found the parking information on the Gilmer website.  Due to the new construction, it looks like a nightmare.

Better get there when the gates open.  This game will likely draw fans from other schools and those folks will sit in on the Paris side.  The visitor bathrooms are a real “throwback” to a simpler time.  Enjoy!

27 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Better get there when the gates open.  This game will likely draw fans from other schools and those folks will sit in on the Paris side.  The visitor bathrooms are a real “throwback” to a simpler time.  Enjoy!

That's putting it mildly!  The home side is really nice, though!  I walked to the game last time.  It's only about half a mile, but it's uphill both ways!😓

I wanted to see the Paris team last week so I went. Just my opinion but one aspect that really jumped out at me is that everybody looked just about the same size.  A little fluctuation but not much. No big steam rollers up front,  but movers. Kind of like the old Tom Landry linemen from the 60’s. Whether that’s good or bad remains to be seen. 

I can tell you Terrell had much bigger 5A linemen and they flat wore the Tigers  out. 

8 minutes ago, bluetopper said:

I wanted to see the Paris team last week so I went. Just my opinion but one aspect that really jumped out at me is that everybody looked just about the same size.  A little fluctuation but not much. No big steam rollers up front,  but movers. Kind of like the old Tom Landry linemen from the 60’s. Whether that’s good or bad remains to be seen. 

I can tell you Terrell had much bigger 5A linemen and they flat wore the Tigers  out. 

Yea Terrell is horrible I watched the film and they were just big not very athletic