Paris vs Gilmer

BIGTEX1972

Paris vs Gilmer  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Paris
    • Gilmer

Well since the Lobos took care of bidness las nite, I went over to Gilmer to see if the  little hype the bucs was getn was fo real, lol, dem Buckeyes aint eva gonna be the Buckeyes wit them fools coachin, day got sum talent on da field but them dass coaches aint go no clue, I think that the same kid who couldn't hit tha side of a barn las year, he cant get out o his own way, the number 11 when they put him in he atleast got tha ball down the field, people, don't believe tha hype on gilmar, they be lucky to go 50% damn don't know how dat school board let that coach hang around, people in gilmer mus not care, aint watchn them buxs no more till one of them Traylers come bac. im out

A few quick observations. 

1. Gilmer did not play well offensively. Hurt was off, and off bad. Bush was out, and the running game never got on track. Opened the game with a pick six, and didn't show any real signs of life until the second half. 

2. Offensive line got overwelmed most of the night also. Frustrating, since they are diverting kids who could be really good d lineman to play on the O line. If they're only going to play one way, they gotta play better. 

3. Defense played okay especially in the second half. But I'm tired of seeing kids not tackle. They hit and don't wrap up, or the toss them. First half was an awful display of poor tackling by Gilmer. 

4. Gilmer was definitely intimidated by Paris' physical play. or that's what it looked like. I could never imagine a Traylor team being intimidated, but I've seen it a couple of times these last two years from the Buckeyes. 

Good news is these next 3 games are all non district games. Bad news is there is a darn good chance they will be 0 for 3 in those games. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BadWolf said:

Well since the Lobos took care of bidness las nite, I went over to Gilmer to see if the  little hype the bucs was getn was fo real, lol, dem Buckeyes aint eva gonna be the Buckeyes wit them fools coachin, day got sum talent on da field but them dass coaches aint go no clue, I think that the same kid who couldn't hit tha side of a barn las year, he cant get out o his own way, the number 11 when they put him in he atleast got tha ball down the field, people, don't believe tha hype on gilmar, they be lucky to go 50% damn don't know how dat school board let that coach hang around, people in gilmer mus not care, aint watchn them buxs no more till one of them Traylers come bac. im out

You are correct. Need some changes. Overhaul the program 

2 minutes ago, CasualObserver70 said:

A few quick observations. 

1. Gilmer did not play well offensively. Hurt was off, and off bad. Bush was out, and the running game never got on track. Opened the game with a pick six, and didn't show any real signs of life until the second half. 

2. Offensive line got overwelmed most of the night also. Frustrating, since they are diverting kids who could be really good d lineman to play on the O line. If they're only going to play one way, they gotta play better. 

3. Defense played okay especially in the second half. But I'm tired of seeing kids not tackle. They hit and don't wrap up, or the toss them. First half was an awful display of poor tackling by Gilmer. 

4. Gilmer was definitely intimidated by Paris' physical play. or that's what it looked like. I could never imagine a Traylor team being intimidated, but I've seen it a couple of times these last two years from the Buckeyes. 

Good news is these next 3 games are all non district games. Bad news is there is a darn good chance they will be 0 for 3 in those games. 

Agree with every word,  the discipline is just not there anymore, it gets hard to watch!

Cats have lots of fine-tuning to do on offense before district begins in two weeks.  They won't be able to overcome all those penalties against the likes of Melissa, Celina, and Argyle.  Still, Zy'kius Jackson ran for 179 of Paris' 300 rushing yards.  He's a beast despite drawing defenses' primary focus.  Paris threw for 80 yards including a couple of key long connections to set up scores.  Cats are showing a strategic passing threat they haven't had in 3 years.

The defense wore down in the second half but was missing several starters due to injuries and cramps.  Several players see double duty on offense and defense and the early season heat and humidity factors into the results.  A seasonal climate change would do wonders for both units.

I was surprised to see all the empty orange seats for Homecoming.  Is construction affecting attendance this year?  The Paris side seemed sparse, also, for such a top-rated game.  I have no doubt lots of Cats' fans decided against fighting the parking wars plus the heat.

24 minutes ago, Parisian said:

Cats have lots of fine-tuning to do on offense before district begins in two weeks.  They won't be able to overcome all those penalties against the likes of Melissa, Celina, and Argyle.  Still, Zy'kius Jackson ran for 179 of Paris' 300 rushing yards.  He's a beast despite drawing defenses' primary focus.  Paris threw for 80 yards including a couple of key long connections to set up scores.  Cats are showing a strategic passing threat they haven't had in 3 years.

The defense wore down in the second half but was missing several starters due to injuries and cramps.  Several players see double duty on offense and defense and the early season heat and humidity factors into the results.  A seasonal climate change would do wonders for both units.

I was surprised to see all the empty orange seats for Homecoming.  Is construction affecting attendance this year?  The Paris side seemed sparse, also, for such a top-rated game.  I have no doubt lots of Cats' fans decided against fighting the parking wars plus the heat.

You guys have a good football team and capitalized on some critical mistakes we made. I like the way 22 ran behind his pads and also how y’alls defense played. We really missed our RB tonight because it allowed for Paris to pin their ears back and rush the QB, I think we will be fine once we clean up some stuff. We want face another runningback like 22 the rest of the yr I think playing y’all will help us against a team like newton I honest think that their depth will be an issue because we seen signs tonight with some of the fatigue you guys had once we started moving the ball but I hope u guys do big things the rest of the season nice tune-up game 

4 hours ago, Parisian said:

The orange seats are usually MORE empty than that. That was the biggest Gilmer home crowd since the Carthage game in 2017.

I have observed for a while that football, though still royal, is no longer king here.

8 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Well Surratt is still working on his offense. So Carthage will score like 40-50 to like 20.

I think along the same lines. Thinking we’ll win 49-14 or so. I bet we don’t score on every possession in the first half, but are winning 28-7 or 35-7 at half and Surratt let’s the starters go out there for a few more series in the 3rd quarter to continue working on things while securing the win, then letting the backups get some time and to keep from running it up.

Now, who knows, Gilmer may be super fired up, the Bulldogs may make a few mistakes, get some penalties and this game is close at half time. 

Go Dawgs!!!!!!!

9 hours ago, Parisian said:

I like yalls Qb to. That boy has quick feet great balance and has some wheels. He a good fit for that offense

I can't tell you when the last tine gilmer lost at homecoming was but, I can state some other facts

1. #22 played 1 down last night.  He's a difference maker on the team.  

2.  Our qb overthrew at least 20 passes (it seemed). He wasn't pressured most of the time and the recievers were open mostly.  I think the pick 6 on the first play got in his head and stayed there.  

Get 22 healthy and qb clicking and gilmer would of won the game easily.  Keep running y'all's head though. Gilmer lost by 17 points to a team that's ranked in the top 5 in a bigger classification.  That's nothing to hang your head about