Paris vs Gilmer

BIGTEX1972

Paris vs Gilmer  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Paris
    • Gilmer

24 minutes ago, michaelmyers said:

Them Gilmer fans don’t say much after a loss. I ask again can someone from Gilmer tell me the last time Gilmer lost a homecoming game??

Nobody is quiet and I’m really not sure but I rather play good teams like this than to win by 60 it just don’t help u in no way in my opinion. But like I said I’m glad we were able to see a team like Paris that runs that offense will help us in the long run 

11 minutes ago, StangtilDeath said:

I can't tell you when the last tine gilmer lost at homecoming was but, I can state some other facts

1. #22 played 1 down last night.  He's a difference maker on the team.  

2.  Our qb overthrew at least 20 passes (it seemed). He wasn't pressured most of the time and the recievers were open mostly.  I think the pick 6 on the first play got in his head and stayed there.  

Get 22 healthy and qb clicking and gilmer would of won the game easily.  Keep running y'all's head though. Gilmer lost by 17 points to a team that's ranked in the top 5 in a bigger classification.  That's nothing to hang your head about

Don’t forget about Paris turnovers and their mistakes like their penalty after penalty. Gilmer was just outmatched by a better team

Just now, michaelmyers said:

Don’t forget about Paris turnovers and their mistakes like their penalty after penalty. Gilmer was just outmatched by a better team

Gilmer had their share, not the false starts but personal fouls and such.   I agree Paris was the better team but fill in my above comments and it's a lot closer game.  Y'all are downing gilmer like Paris came in a beat then 60-0.  They lost by 17 points to a upper class top 5 team.  It's the 3rd game of the season and none of the first 5 matter anyways.  Gilmer gonna be alright if they can get the qb clicking.

20 minutes ago, michaelmyers said:

Well dang I was just curious and thought some of the gilmer faithful may know. I figured it had been quiet a while

Man why don’t ever talk about what LE is doing and how they been taking beatings oh I forgot u only cheer for them when they winning so right now ur cheering for Carthage until LE starts to win lol 

6 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Man why don’t ever talk about what LE is doing and how they been taking beatings oh I forgot u only cheer for them when they winning so right now ur cheering for Carthage until LE starts to win lol 

Dude he asked a curious question. Your getting too serious about the defeat last night so you resort to trolling as you usually do.

Don't worry, everything is gonna be okay. Even after the Carthage game and PG game.

8 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

No I cheer for both. Got my hometown boys and now where I live. Don’t be so butt hurt cuz Gilmer got beat like I told you they would. Next week they will and the next game to by Newton. Just like I said before. I be the first one to say LE is under new program and it may take a few years to get back to where they were. They got the best athletes around. Just need a program. Just like Gilmer need a new program. It’s over man face it Gilmer ain’t Gilmer nomoe

6 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Dude he asked a curious question. Your getting too serious about the defeat last night so you resort to trolling as you usually do.

Don't worry, everything is gonna be okay. Even after the Carthage game and PG game.

That dude gets so buthurt anytime Gilmer gets beat. 

5 minutes ago, michaelmyers said:

No I cheer for both. Got my hometown boys and now where I live. Don’t be so butt hurt cuz Gilmer got beat like I told you they would. Next week they will and the next game to by Newton. Just like I said before. I be the first one to say LE is under new program and it may take a few years to get back to where they were. They got the best athletes around. Just need a program. Just like Gilmer need a new program. It’s over man face it Gilmer ain’t Gilmer nomoe

I didn't know your Mother had moved.

41 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Lol what y’all having a boy or girl since you doing a bunch of riding he a grown man he don’t need u to speak for him 

12 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Naw u just weak man just sit around and wait til we lose if u cheer for Carthage and LE why u spend so much time worrying about Gilmer just because ur weed head cousin didn’t get no shine 

To be butthurt as bad as you get I got to ask what number is your boy ?  I know he got to be on the team 

15 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Naw u just weak man just sit around and wait til we lose if u cheer for Carthage and LE why u spend so much time worrying about Gilmer just because ur weed head cousin didn’t get no shine 

He’s a joke man. Just a gay Troll. True Carthage guys don’t even claim him and wish he would stop saying Carthage is his team.  

6 minutes ago, Maineman1988 said:

He’s a joke man. Just a gay Troll. True Carthage guys don’t even claim him and wish he would stop saying Carthage is his team.  

Welcome back 😂😂😂 Wondering where you were. It ain’t the same without getting under your skin. Go Bulldogs!!!! Maybe if things go right you can watch us win another title this year. (Jealousy)

Not trying to disrupt this family feuding, but there's several positives still remaining for Gilmer.  From an outsider's perspective:

• They're better than last year and seem solid in the sub-varsity programs.
  • The QB had a bad start but was better in the 2nd half.  Gilmer has some good receivers and with the RB back in the mix they're a dangerous offensive team. 
  • The road out of Region 2 runs clearly through PG.  Last night served as a dress rehearsal for the defense.  The more practice time against the wing T can only help.  I'm betting they get two shots at PG again this year.  There's still plenty left to play for, even with Carthage and Newton waiting in the wings.

12 minutes ago, StangtilDeath said:

What happened when gilmer ran the kickoff back to the 6 yardline but ran out of bounds at the 6 with nobody around him?

Naw the last person that dove at him made him lose his balance and he stepped or at the 10 that’s when bush came in and ran for 4 yards then we tried a trick play and lost yards then guess what a pick lol 

6 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Naw the last person that dove at him made him lose his balance and he stepped or at the 10 that’s when bush came in and ran for 4 yards then we tried a trick play and lost yards then guess what a pick lol 

Dang, I watched the highlights but it still looked iffy on him stepping out.  That would of been one of my picks to run tennison.   Should of kept it on the ground in the red zone.  Gilmer gonna be ok

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, StangtilDeath said:

Dang, I watched the highlights but it still looked iffy on him stepping out.  That would of been one of my picks to run tennison.   Should of kept it on the ground in the red zone.  Gilmer gonna be ok

I hate that we just run tennison like he’s a big kid and we don’t give him a chance to throw the ball the kid arm is better than our starter but what do we know we just in the stands lol 

Yeah they are playing Tennison very conservative for sure. Every time he stepped on the field he had to run the ball. It was very obvious before the ball was even snapped. Let the kid play the game. I know he is young and will make mistakes but he can learn from them. We made plenty of mistakes last night and it would not have hurt anything to let him fight for it. If you are gonna run a dual QB they need to be utilized to the fullest. Why keep it one dimensional?