Week 3 Malakoff vs Mexia

Guest Tiger03lb

Malakoff vs Mexia  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you got?

Guest Tiger03lb

Malakoff travels to Mexia. This will be a good match up. I think it'll be a 35-21 type of game with Malakoff being on top. Hopefully we make it out injury free for next week. 

Guest Tiger03lb
55 minutes ago, yoenation79 said:

Malakoff in a close one.  Tigers be ready to see some quickness and speed from those Blackcats. 

Are they faster than last year? Hope this game stays clean. Last year tensions were getting high in the 2nd and 3rd qtrs. 

Guest Tiger03lb
1 hour ago, frozeng03 said:

How is the dynamic trio for the Tigers doing this year? One of the best backfields in 3a for sure this year.

Carr is not playing this year. Personal issues, I'd rather not say on here. Rose, Davis, and Peace are doing great. Watch for Hart back there. He adds more speed. Using him more as a scat back. Peace has a lot more targets this year to choose from. Peace looks more poise and can put the ball wherever he wants to. Rose and Davis are mirror images of each other. 

7 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

Carr is not playing this year. Personal issues, I'd rather not say on here. Rose, Davis, and Peace are doing great. Watch for Hart back there. He adds more speed. Using him more as a scat back. Peace has a lot more targets this year to choose from. Peace looks more poise and can put the ball wherever he wants to. Rose and Davis are mirror images of each other. 

Whatever it may be, praying for him! Good luck this week.

On 9/8/2019 at 6:54 PM, Tiger03lb said:

Are they faster than last year? Hope this game stays clean. Last year tensions were getting high in the 2nd and 3rd qtrs. 

Mexia has team speed and size. IMO they are a lot better this year and in the Cameron game they got away from what was working earlier in the game. Mexia had a 14-0 lead at one time before Yoe stormed back. Mexia is a completely different team at home.This game should be a lot closer than people think. Blackcat field on Friday the 13th or Halloween has been nightmarish for teams through the years. Seen some good football teams go down on these dates. LOL 

• Like 1

Guest Tiger03lb
39 minutes ago, player73 said:

Mexia has team speed and size. IMO they are a lot better this year and in the Cameron game they got away from what was working earlier in the game. Mexia had a 14-0 lead at one time before Yoe stormed back. Mexia is a completely different team at home.This game should be a lot closer than people think. Blackcat field on Friday the 13th or Halloween has been nightmarish for teams through the years. Seen some good football teams go down on these dates. LOL 

Heard that as well. Also heard that some main starters from Yoe were held until the 2nd half to play and it was a different game when they got in. I know it's always tough to play there. 

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 10:13 PM, Tiger03lb said:

Heard that as well. Also heard that some main starters from Yoe were held until the 2nd half to play and it was a different game when they got in. I know it's always tough to play there. 

Cameron had one starter out the whole game and another sit out a portion.  Regardless,  Mexia was clearly in control early.  It was not a surprise to see the Blackcats score as they did from the opening kick, but they were able to hold Cameron down for a quarter. 

Now, from that point forward Cameron did go on a 34-0 run.  I just believe if Malakoff plays a clean game from start to finish, they will win this game by multiple scores.  Maybe I'm wrong here as the Teague folks probably have the most insight as they have seen both teams. 

Yes, Malakoff fans you will be sitting with Mexia fans on the so called visitors side. Home side “ covered stands “ are for season ticket holders, a student section and their band. Over flow fans go to the opposite side. At least that how it was explained to me. IMO, it’s not a healthy situation but there wasn’t any problems last Friday night but Mexia was winning big. 

Guest Tiger03lb
5 hours ago, Yoe09 said:

Cameron had one starter out the whole game and another sit out a portion.  Regardless,  Mexia was clearly in control early.  It was not a surprise to see the Blackcats score as they did from the opening kick, but they were able to hold Cameron down for a quarter. 

Now, from that point forward Cameron did go on a 34-0 run.  I just believe if Malakoff plays a clean game from start to finish, they will win this game by multiple scores.  Maybe I'm wrong here as the Teague folks probably have the most insight as they have seen both teams. 

We played flat for almost the first half when we played Teague. I want to say we started to come around with about 5/6 minutes left in the 2nd qtr. That was Teague's only scores in the game. I believe we were tied at the half. Then add along 8/10 penalties in the first half alone, probably 13/15 total for the game. Which is odd for a Driskell team. The 2nd half we came back out like we normally do and went on from there 26-0 run. 

I know it's always tough to play in Mexia. I think if we can come in focus and get going early and not let off then we'll be okay. #5 & #13 looks like the whole offense got Mexia. I think it'll be close in the 1st half, 3rd qtr we usually come out and take care of business. We will win by 10-14 if we come out play like we should. 

Guest Tiger03lb
1 hour ago, player73 said:

Yes, Malakoff fans you will be sitting with Mexia fans on the so called visitors side. Home side “ covered stands “ are for season ticket holders, a student section and their band. Over flow fans go to the opposite side. At least that how it was explained to me. IMO, it’s not a healthy situation but there wasn’t any problems last Friday night but Mexia was winning big. 

It should be interesting to say the lease. Lol

Guest Tiger03lb
13 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Malakoff by 14+.

It's ironic Carr isn't playing this year. I'm pretty sure when we lost in the playoffs, it was his first game back in forever 😂. Dang the 

We were loaded. Still are. Lol. We got a freshman back on JV that I think will be like Carr's style. He has some size as a freshman as well. Good luck this week, I think it'll be close.

Guest Tiger03lb

3-0 Malakoff half

We are doing clock eating drives. We are driving down the field just not getting it into the endzone. Missed a fg early and a pass that could have been a td. Think we had the ball for about 15/16 minutes in the 1st half. Mexia's has a good defensive front, but we are good at the line. To me we are winning the los.

Defense is doing great. I think mexia has had only 2/3 first downs. Wiley for Mexia hasn't had any long runs.