Liberty-Eylau at Texas High

68Hornet

4 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Would TX High play Carthage the next 2 years on a home & home?  Would be some interesting history there.

I really have no idea how the current coach feels.  I was always wanting to play Longview every year even though we were overmatched.   I'm all for scheduling anybody. Heck we were scheduling Evangel back when they were loaded & when we had nothing. 

I'd sure prefer playing Carthage, Longview, Marshall or anybody else & not having to travel to play teams like Pflugerville

9 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

It was a good match-up honestly, until L-E hired a new HC. Not speaking negative on him, but it usually takes time for a new coach to really get the team bought in and rolling. This matchup was made 2 years ago, and last year it was a pretty good game. Definitely wasn't a run away. 

This is never a good matchup.   2000 students vs. 700 students.   Cmon man

2 hours ago, BlackShirtD said:

I agree with you but sometimes natural rivalries can overcome that.    We just played Plugerville which has well over 1000+ students over Texas High.  So unless you are one of those fans that just says W's are all that matters there is more to consider. Its good to play local......but like I said.....there are pluses & minuses about it.   I get where the smaller school would bristle about it though.  Kilgore is much smaller & hammered us last year. It works both ways

Texas High will USUALLY beat Ark High & LE just because of depth...….not necessarily because of superior athletes.    Surely most rational fans realize that. 

5 hours ago, 68Hornet said:

Man you don't know what you're saying. There's not a coach in America who could be doing better than Klint King.

You are so right.  What coach coming in is going to beat the teams on this schedule with a young group:

AHS, THS

Carthage, Argyle, Lavega, PG, Gilmer....these are the top 4 in 4a

Atl, SH, Pitt

my gosh that is tough...good luck!

3 minutes ago, THSfanatic said:

I agree with you but sometimes natural rivalries can overcome that.    We just played Plugerville which has well over 1000+ students over Texas High.  So unless you are one of those fans that just says W's are all that matters there is more to consider. Its good to play local......but like I said.....there are pluses & minuses about it.   I get where the smaller school would bristle about it though

Texas High will USUALLY beat Ark High & LE just because of depth...….not necessarily because of superior athletes.    Surely most rational fans realize that

Agree!  If these 2 would have played in 15 or 16 LE may have beaten the Tigers.   That is just 2 out of 15 years or so.   (Just an estimate)

1 hour ago, BlackShirtD said:

A good matchup would be 2 schools playing a competitive game. They did last year, and I felt like LE would be better this year than last, before Wells left. I feel like if LE didn't have a new coach, this would be a decent game. I honestly don't see why you don't think so. You act like Texas High is an elite team. They haven't been "great" for quite some time.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

A good matchup would be 2 schools playing a competitive game. They did last year, and I felt like LE would be better this year than last, before Wells left. I feel like if LE didn't have a new coach, this would be a decent game. I honestly don't see why you don't think so. You act like Texas High is an elite team. They haven't been "great" for quite some time.

Wells wouldn’t have had an experienced qb or O-line coming back, and the offense is the problem so idk how that could factor he went 4-8 last year with a more experienced team.. plus he made this ridiculous schedule knowing dang well it wasn’t going to help..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TexarkanaIsNotArkansas said:

Wells wouldn’t have had an experienced qb or O-line coming back, and the offense is the problem so idk how that could factor he went 4-8 last year with a more experienced team.. plus he made this ridiculous schedule knowing dang well it wasn’t going to help..

+10000000 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TexarkanaIsNotArkansas said:

They didn't have an experienced QB last year. Like I said, they competed last year. 12 point deficit is not a thrashing. 

It's not a ridiculous schedule. Texas High is not the premier football program in Texarkana in today's day and time. They wen't (3-7) last year. They were blown out (42-14) by a 4AD1 that went (4-8) and lost in the first round of the playoffs. Don't try and act like Texas High is some sort of powerhouse football program, because that's false. This isn't Texas High of the past. 

Honesetly,  Texas High is the least of their worries on their schedule.  

43 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

They didn't have an experienced QB last year. Like I said, they competed last year. 12 point deficit is not a thrashing. 

It's not a ridiculous schedule. Texas High is not the premier football program in Texarkana in today's day and time. They wen't (3-7) last year. They were blown out (42-14) by a 4AD1 that went (4-8) and lost in the first round of the playoffs. Don't try and act like Texas High is some sort of powerhouse football program, because that's false. This isn't Texas High of the past. 

Not a ridiculous schedule?? Argyle, Carthage and La Vega. Then add in Texas High who is 3 sizes bigger? So who would be ridiculous if that is not? 😂

And then PG and Gilmer in district waiting for you.

And having double the enrollment of someone is an advantage period. Whether Texas High is "good" or not.

1 hour ago, dillonpanthers said:

Not a ridiculous schedule?? Argyle, Carthage and La Vega. Then add in Texas High who is 3 sizes bigger? So who would be ridiculous if that is not? 😂

And having double the enrollment of someone is an advantage period. Whether Texas High is "good" or not.

I meant the Texas High scheduling isn't ridiculous. Worded it wrong. 

And yes, enrollment is an advantage, but that doesn't make it a ridiculous team to schedule. There are tons of schools that play other schools with double the enrollment. WO-S does it, and does it often. 

1 hour ago, dillonpanthers said:

Thank you!!

2 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Yes last years QB had been the QB for his class all the way up to his sophomore year plus he was a senior.. he had came in several times As the backup QB the year before.. the QBs we have this year have never taken a varsity snap, both QBs from last year graduated.. plus the Oline is very young ..

1 hour ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I meant the Texas High scheduling isn't ridiculous. Worded it wrong. 

And yes, enrollment is an advantage, but that doesn't make it a ridiculous team to schedule. There are tons of schools that play other schools with double the enrollment. WO-S does it, and does it often. 

Ok,gotcha. I agree. And to be fair WOS has been a beast the last several years. I doubt  they can get schools their size to scheudle them. Similar to Carthage. 

55 minutes ago, TexarkanaIsNotArkansas said:

In my eyes Wells or not the most possible winnable games on the schedule are Atlanta, Spring Hill, Pitt, and it’s possible to sneak up on Gilmer

Well yeah. Those are all schools their size or smaller. But in all honesty, if Wells was expecting to have a loaded team, L-E should compete with every team on their schedule. 

17 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

Ok,gotcha. I agree. And to be fair WOS has been a beast the last several years. I doubt  they can get schools their size to scheudle them. Similar to Carthage. 

Oh no doubt. But I'm sure Wells had expectations that just weren't lived up to as well. These schedules were made in 2017, so for all we know, they were expected to have a good team. I actually thought they'd be lights out last year and this year.