Week 4 Gilmer @ Carthage

PantherNation2015

Winner?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Winner?

• Dawgs
    • Buckeyes

This poll is closed to new votes

Having a hard time with picking opponent scores.  Just not sure how good the D is yet.  Not saying they've not been impressive,  they have,  but the opposing offenses haven't exactly been putting up a lot of points in other games either. Was hoping the Mavs game would be a good measuring stick but that all went out the window with their qb situation.  I'll echo the sentiments of others on here and go with a 45-14 type score.

Gonna be another rough week for the Buckeyes I'm afraid. After last nights game which was hard to watch. Between poor execution and play calling. If you see #11 coming in the game you know he is gonna run on you lol. Have a lot of hope for this team still, but I dont think this is the game that a statement will be made. I will be there to support win, lose, or draw. Carthage will be too much in the end.

I think we will start clicking once district starts, but until then we just need to stay healthy.

20 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

Gilmer has a chance if Carthage overlooks Gilmer and is looking ahead to Pleasant Grove. However, they have Surratt /Preston so that theory probably out of question. Gilmer got to hit them early and make them play from behind.

In some years where the Dawg defense is a work in progress that is ahead the fear playing teams like Gilmer.  Quick scoring strikes, a turnover, and all of the sudden you are behind by a couple of scores.  This year is different.  We brought back 8 starters and they were in mid season form at the scrimmage against Pitt.  They are playing lights out.  I think Gilmer will struggle to establish any kind of offense early.  And the Dawg offense, on the other hand, is so versatile it’s difficult to defend. Pick your poison.  If you try to stop the air attack with Horton, Dixon, Williams, McNew, etc. Surratt will be content to run behind the 300 lb offensive line with Courtney all night long.  Will be a tall task for the Bux Fri night.