Grandview vs Malakoff

Guest Tiger03lb

Who Ya Got?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/21/2019 at 12:30 AM

Guest Tiger03lb
40 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Wish I could see this game!  It should be on Saturday!

Good luck on Friday! I know you guys got your hands full. How's Carter doing? 

Guest Tiger03lb
3 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

He’s good. He was able to take the second half off last week with a big lead but he managed 140-150 yards and 3 TDS. 

Good to hear. Who do you guys open district against?

Have talked to a source at GHS who is close to coach. He believes close game with team making fewest mistakes wins. Hoping these teams meet again post season as I am still concerned over health of offensive line for GHS. 

But really, who knows how these teams will play

under these pressures, but Koff I think has edge

and may prevail. GHS has new player 6’7” 225

from basketball team offensive/defensive end. 

No 1 tailback returned 6’2” 210 and took over

for Golden who was running back for most of year 1450 yds rushing. New offensive line kid

6’3 305 in now. I am just giving info I have for

predictive purposes. Koff has new people too

and would like to hear about that. I played back

in 60’s so dont be too hard on me for my thoughts and prediction. These are the top 2 teams in the state and Dave Campbell needs to be called out for now putting them 3 and 4. WTH!! Terry knows more first hand than I.

Guest Tiger03lb
6 minutes ago, Terry said:

GV has too much talent all over the field both sides.

Talent is even as far as skilled positions goes. GV has the advantage on the o-line as we have a whole new o-line. But it looks as if GV will have a new line for this game as well. It'll come down to coaching and as hornsandowl said whoever makes the fewest mistakes.

Guest Tiger03lb
Just now, hornsandowls said:

Tiger03 if I drive up to the game from Houston, what time would I need to get to the stadium to get a single seat? I don’t care which side but up high so I can see. 

Gates open at 6. So I'd say 6. Depends on the rain really. Heard it's going to be as big or bigger than the rivalry game against Teague a few years ago. And that game was packed. Heard around est. of 2,500 people. I know Grant and Terry from side to side will be there to watch from what they said on their last show. 

I want to say Malakoff, but I just can't get it out. I'm not sure how this game was last year, but I know when we played Malakoff, they had a grown man running the football. I can't remember his name, but he beat us like a drum. Was extremely shocked to see him get a limited number of carries/touches in the state game. Was it Carr?

Anyways, Malakoff looked like we did in the state game last year. Flat. Energy didn't seem to be there. They can't do that again. I know Grandview has a large majority of their team coming back as well. I just think Grandview scratches this out, maybe puts a 2 TD lead up before the end of the game.

I'd love to be wrong though. I was thoroughly impressed with how well coached Malakoff was last year. Them boys showed up to play, despite the weather conditions. They were very physical. Plus, their fans were a classy bunch of folks. 

Good luck to both teams! I do however, don't wish for y'all to see each other again, if you catch my drift 😂😉.