Grandview vs Malakoff

Guest Tiger03lb

Who Ya Got?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/21/2019 at 12:30 AM

Guest Tiger03lb
39 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I want to say Malakoff, but I just can't get it out. I'm not sure how this game was last year, but I know when we played Malakoff, they had a grown man running the football. I can't remember his name, but he beat us like a drum. Was extremely shocked to see him get a limited number of carries/touches in the state game. Was it Carr?

Anyways, Malakoff looked like we did in the state game last year. Flat. Energy didn't seem to be there. They can't do that again. I know Grandview has a large majority of their team coming back as well. I just think Grandview scratches this out, maybe puts a 2 TD lead up before the end of the game.

I'd love to be wrong though. I was thoroughly impressed with how well coached Malakoff was last year. Them boys showed up to play, despite the weather conditions. They were very physical. Plus, their fans were a classy bunch of folks. 

Good luck to both teams! I do however, don't wish for y'all to see each other again, if you catch my drift 😂😉.

Yes it was Carr. He was kicked off the team at the beginning of the season. Sad to say. I wish he had more carries too that game too. Lol. That Brock game was tough on us and Driskel saw it and played to it. Not taking anything away from GV but we missed a lot of opportunities that cost us and GV was the better team that night. 

We are a tough team to play at home. I'm sure Driskell will have the boys ready to play on Friday this year. 

Atlanta fans aren't a bad bunch of guys. Hell, we even started liking rab4life afterwards. Lol. 

You guys are looking good this year. That defense will carry you guys if they stay health. I honestly can see us playing each other again this year.

3 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

Yes it was Carr. He was kicked off the team at the beginning of the season. Sad to say. I wish he had more carries too that game too. Lol. That Brock game was tough on us and Driskel saw it and played to it. Not taking anything away from GV but we missed a lot of opportunities that cost us and GV was the better team that night. 

We are a tough team to play at home. I'm sure Driskell will have the boys ready to play on Friday this year. 

Atlanta fans aren't a bad bunch of guys. Hell, we even started liking rab4life afterwards. Lol. 

You guys are looking good this year. That defense will carry you guys if they stay health. I honestly can see us playing each other again this year.

Having a defense will definitely make a difference compared to last year lol. If we can just get our secondary situation figured out.

I wish I could come see this game. I bet it's going to be awesome. We're playing, what Atlanta considers, a huge rival. Hoping for a good game here as well. Lots of good games this weekend really. 

• Like 1

Guest Tiger03lb
6 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Having a defense will definitely make a difference compared to last year lol. If we can just get our secondary situation figured out.

I wish I could come see this game. I bet it's going to be awesome. We're playing, what Atlanta considers, a huge rival. Hoping for a good game here as well. Lots of good games this weekend really. 

Everyone keeps on picking on that cb of y'all's. Lol. The kid is quick but lacks in size. 

I may come up to see the Jefferson game when you guys play them. Good luck this week

H3, are u adopting Rab4life? Well, hoping this game will be a good one. Think ur QB is key, that kid can throw the ball, wow, was hoping to come up from brenham ranch to see it, a long drive and would need to stay in athens. Getting to old for this kind of thang so may hsve to listen on zebra sports network and have a few drinks

Guest Tiger03lb

I'm gonna go with my tigers to win. I think that we still have what it takes to win this one. Plus being at tiger stadium will help, imo. Both teams are mirror images of each other in skilled positions. Both the o-lines are trying to figure things out and gel together with GV having injuries and koff having a whole new line. Both defenses are very good, I do think that each team will be able to pass on each other. There'll probably be a few runs that'll break loose maybe (15-25 yds),  I don't see each other getting long runs in. This will be a game of who can execute and that can make the fewest mistakes and who can make something of those mistakes. Both sides have great coaches. Imo, Driskell is playing with a chip on his shoulders and will have the tigers ready to play. I think the 4th qtr will be huge in this game. Neither team has really played all 4 qtrs for 3 games. Don't know if conditioning will be an issue but each team will have to play the whole game. It'll be a 10 points or less kinda game in this one. If we are behind in the 4th, then watchout. We have made many of come back wins against top teams to win. 

Reguardless of the outcome I hope everyone will come out injury free and have safe travels as for the fans coming to this game too. Tiger stadium will be packet. 2,000 tickets have been sold already from what I heard, come early if you want a seat. Good luck tonight!

41 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

Imo, Driskell is playing with a chip on his shoulders and will have the tigers ready to play.

I agree with everything you said plus this being the one big factor....Home game and wanting to prove something are huge boosters.  I am pulling for my team and think they will come out on top either a 2/3 td win or a less than 7 down to the wire game.  It's going to be fun and exciting and hoping for a clean, injury free game on both sides.