Grandview vs Malakoff

Guest Tiger03lb

Who Ya Got?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/21/2019 at 12:30 AM

Guest Tiger03lb

Here is my take on this game. It lived up to the hype that everyone thought it would. I want to congratulate GV on a good game. You guys got a good team and some players!

I thought that we played a good game overall. Defense was the show case in this game. DC Watkins deserves the game ball tonight. He got these boys to hold GV to 1 touchdown tonight in the 1st half and they average 40 points a game. Yes they got a couple of big plays off but gv has a beast of an offense, imo. Props for gv's OC getting #6 the ball on that 4th down to set them up for the score. We held gv running game down to where they had to make throws and make them get 4 and outs during the game. A lot people are sleeping on our defense. I feel like this year's defense is starting to be better than last years. We are quick, we play hard, well coached, and don't quit.

The offense is getting to where we need to be. We are showing improvements each week. We got somethings to work on. We were able to get chucks of yards when we were running the ball. #3 for GV saved some runs that would've been big yards or a td. That kid is a baller on both sides! I think the biggest momentum killer was the int by #3 when we were driving down the field in the first half and that's what help GV get back into the game. 

Both teams made mistakes, GV just capitalized on our mistakes better than we did. Biggest two was when Peace fumbled and gv ran it back for a td right before the half and then a unsportsmanlike penalty after we scored a td and missed the game tying extra point, which we muff the snap and hold. Both teams were physical. I'll say it again, I thought that we controlled the LOS for the most part of the night. In my opinion, I thought that we were the better team overall and we beat ourselves. Not taking anything away from GV, they came to play and did what they needed to win but if you were at the game you'd have to agree.

Both teams come out of this game health and seeing where they can improved. Once again GV great game and you guys got a good team! Hope you guys stay injury free with what you guys have and good luck on the rest of y'alls season! Tigers hold your heads high, y'all played a hell of a game! I wouldn't take this as a lost at all. 

30 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

Here is my take on this game. It lived up to the hype that everyone thought it would. I want to congratulate GV on a good game. You guys got a good team and some players!

I thought that we played a good game overall. Defense was the show case in this game. DC Watkins deserves the game ball tonight. He got these boys to hold GV to 1 touchdown tonight in the 1st half and they average 40 points a game. Yes they got a couple of big plays off but gv has a beast of an offense, imo. Props for gv's OC getting #6 the ball on that 4th down to set them up for the score. We held gv running game down to where they had to make throws and make them get 4 and outs during the game. A lot people are sleeping on our defense. I feel like this year's defense is starting to be better than last years. We are quick, we play hard, well coached, and don't quit.

The offense is getting to where we need to be. We are showing improvements each week. We got somethings to work on. We were able to get chucks of yards when we were running the ball. #3 for GV saved some runs that would've been big yards or a td. That kid is a baller on both sides! I think the biggest momentum killer was the int by #3 when we were driving down the field in the first half and that's what help GV get back into the game. 

Both teams made mistakes, GV just capitalized on our mistakes better than we did. Biggest two was when Peace fumbled and gv ran it back for a td right before the half and then a unsportsmanlike penalty after we scored a td and missed the game tying extra point, which we muff the snap and hold. Both teams were physical. I'll say it again, I thought that we controlled the LOS for the most part of the night. In my opinion, I thought that we were the better team overall and we beat ourselves. Not taking anything away from GV, they came to play and did what they needed to win but if you were at the game you'd have to agree.

Both teams come out of this game health and seeing where they can improved. Once again GV great game and you guys got a good team! Hope you guys stay injury free with what you guys have and good luck on the rest of y'alls season! Tigers hold your heads high, y'all played a hell of a game! I wouldn't take this as a lost at all. 

I was there and I don’t agree. 3-0 in 12 months. You do realize GV had a few of their normal two-way players sitting out on offense in the first half?  

Guest Tiger03lb
6 hours ago, Zebrafan93 said:

I was there and I don’t agree. 3-0 in 12 months. You do realize GV had a few of their normal two-way players sitting out on offense in the first half?  

Yeah that's great, you got us. I'll admit it. I'm actually not even upset about this lost for the reasons said. How can you say getting an unsportsmanlike penalty and missing the kick that we muff on the snap not hurt ourselves? I saw adjustments on the offense getting golden back there in the back field and a few plays with #1 on 4th downs. #1 didn't even make a difference on offense in this game. You guys went to a 2 back set out of shotgun and got #3 the ball more to run and started to run that set more as well. Once we saw that, we played to it and stopped it again. And actually you guys were in that set in the first half as well. I saw players playing on both sides in the first half that were in the second. When was the last time GV was held to 1 td in a game on offense? 

57 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

When was the last time GV was held to 1 td in a game on offense? 

Years so congrats on that.  Y’alls defense played great. #1 isn’t a big piece of the offense for the most part.  We are working him in more as he’ll be needed when this Sr class graduates. You call out the muffed PAT after the unsportsmanlike but what about the holding that took our TD off the board and then we miss a FG?  Both teams had opportunities that were missed. This group of Zebras always seem to find a way. 

Guest Tiger03lb
2 minutes ago, Zebrafan93 said:

Years so congrats on that.  Y’alls defense played great. #1 isn’t a big piece of the offense for the most part.  We are working him in more as he’ll be needed when this Sr class graduates. You call out the muffed PAT after the unsportsmanlike but what about the holding that took our TD off the board and then we miss a FG?  Both teams had opportunities that were missed. This group of Zebras always seem to find a way. 

Have you seen the pat's that you guys kick? They barely make it in. I was surprised that you guys even attempted an fg. Everyone knew he wasn't going to make it. You guys had more of a chance to get a first down than that fg, imo. But yet you guys still had 4 downs to punch it in the endzone and came up short with a caused fumble at the 1 yd line. Why wouldn't you include #1? Dude only has to turn around to catch it. Lol. 

6 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

Have you seen the pat's that you guys kick? They barely make it in. I was surprised that you guys even attempted an fg. Everyone knew he wasn't going to make it. You guys had more of a chance to get a first down than that fg, imo. But yet you guys still had 4 downs to punch it in the endzone and came up short with a caused fumble at the 1 yd line. Why wouldn't you include #1? Dude only has to turn around to catch it. Lol. 

I am not the coach so I can’t speak about why he isn’t more involved. The kicker got banged up last week on defense (normally doesn’t play) late in the game. He wasn’t kicking great all week. 

10 hours ago, Zebrafan93 said:

I’ve seen this statement a couple times now. Who did the GV coaches hold out of the 1st half? Super interested to hear this one...