Matt Stepp confirmed DEC Meeting (District 7-3A D1) on Mount Vernon...

Smoaky

Guest Tiger03lb

So if the 4 students that are being investigated are declared ineligible. What happens from there? I know the students won't get to play but will they have to fall back until next year? Or go back to where they were prior? What happens with the games already played with the team? Will the team have to forfeit those games? Also, would any punishment be handed down if there was any questionable paperwork to those students? I'm not trying to stir the pot, just asking. 

5 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

So if the 4 students that are being investigated are declared ineligible. What happens from there? I know the students won't get to play but will they have to fall back until next year? Or go back to where they were prior? What happens with the games already played with the team? Will the team have to forfeit those games? Also, would any punishment be handed down if there was any questionable paperwork to those students? I'm not trying to stir the pot, just asking. 

Hold that thought until tomorrow morning.

7 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

If they are declared ineligible, pretty sure they become eligible no matter what the following year.  Who knows what would happen to the school/staff

Here’s another thought.  Briles may not have recruited these kids.  His name and legacy speak volumes without him saying a word.  Who’s to say these kids didn’t just move in to play for this guy and get the best out of their athletic career?  

Just a thought.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Here’s another thought.  Briles may not have recruited these kids.  His name and legacy speak volumes without him saying a word.  Who’s to say these kids didn’t just move in to play for this guy and get the best out of their athletic career?  

Just a thought.

Tbh I think that’s honestly what happened too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

Just a thought.

You’re 100% correct. But the underlying issue would be that they moved for athletic purposes and that’s not legal by UIL standards. My biggest question is why wait until week 4?

2 minutes ago, Dawg665 said:

You’re 100% correct. But the underlying issue would be that they moved for athletic purposes and that’s not legal by UIL standards. My biggest question is why wait until week 4?

It appears that's when the complaint was filed

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dawg665 said:

That has been my question. What constitutes "athletic purposes"? Who determines whether true or false that was the motive? Seems like a gray area

Question

Did a DEC meeting occur before season started as is standard in most districts?  (Where the Supt's in the district review PAPF's & decided the kids were eligible) 

if yes decision was made then what has changed other than Capt Obvious to have another meeting? If a no decision was made in august then why are they playing now?

my two pennies

Guest Tiger03lb
1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

If they are declared ineligible, pretty sure they become eligible no matter what the following year.  Who knows what would happen to the school/staff

Thank you. 

21 minutes ago, chevyman said:

That has been my question. What constitutes "athletic purposes"? Who determines whether true or false that was the motive? Seems like a gray area

That’s a difficult charge to prove tbh. But...if I was the HC and knowing all the publicity surrounding me and knowing that every move I made would be looked at under a microscope, I would have been very cautious regarding any transfers just because of allegations just like this. At the end of the day this is really a distraction for the kids and community of MV and it’s really unfortunate.