Matt Stepp confirmed DEC Meeting (District 7-3A D1) on Mount Vernon...

Smoaky

1 minute ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Your missing the point.  Briles can’t claim “I didn’t know” if the reason the individual in question is in MV is to film a documentary about Briles.  Briles had to agree before this individual came to MV to start filming right?  And it’s on Briles to ensure that individual is only filming and not coaching right?  Sounds like the DEC called BS.  Mr. Smoak reported that the film maker and the players were connected, not me.

They are. The 2 athletes are his nephews

1 hour ago, soldier1 said:

Let me change gears here, whats the rule, policy on failing a drug test?  Is it the particular school to set the punishment for failing a drug test? Is it the UIL that sets the punishment for a player’s 1st time failing a drug test?

Drug testing is up to the individual district as to whether or not they test and if so, what actions are taking when a student receives a positive test.  UIL does not have any stipulations on this as far as I know.  Some districts counsel for the first positive test, some suspend X number of days.  For 2nd, 3rd + positive test, I've seen anywhere from 30 days suspended to total removal from the program.  Schools can't take disciplinary actions (DAEP or expulsion) against the student unless they find drugs on the student or he/she comes to school under the influence.

14 minutes ago, EastTxFinest said:

Not with everything going wrong on his watch he's not. What kind of examples is he setting? It's ok to cheat guys as long as the camera isnt rolling.... miss me with that bs

Never said he was a stand up guy. Said he was best football coach in district. That’s all I was saying. It’s all I have been saying. No need to twist the narrative. 

• LOL! 1

2 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Never said he was a stand up guy. Said he was best football coach in district. That’s all I was saying. It’s all I have been saying. No need to twist the narrative. 

Its pretty easy to be a good coach and not be a decent human.    Happens a lot more than people think.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mustang4life said:

Its pretty easy to be a good coach and not be a decent human.    Happens a lot more than people think.

More places then not. But who am I to judge, so I don’t, unless you’re a cow girls fan. 

46 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

I knew.  Just didn’t want to post it directly out of respect for the two kids.  They didn’t cause this mess.

There hasn't been much respect for the three new MV kids on this forum all season long.  They have been demeaned and mocked and ridiculed and have had so many untrue things posted about them.  One particular poster, who doesn't even live in MV's district, seems to have made it his personal mission to talk bad about them nonstop, and then usually a lot more join in.   I just don't get it.  I have wondered for weeks now what is wrong with a person that would make them say things like that about kids and also women. Obviously, it speaks to the person's character, but, really, what does a person get out of it?  Who knows...   

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sportsfan4life said:

There hasn't been much respect for the three new MV kids on this forum all season long.  They have been demeaned and mocked and ridiculed and have had so many untrue things posted about them.  One particular poster, who doesn't even live in MV's district, seems to have made it his personal mission to talk bad about them nonstop, and then usually a lot more join in.   I just don't get it.  I have wondered for weeks now what is wrong with a person that would make them say things like that about kids and also women. Obviously, it speaks to his character, but, really, what does a person get out of it?  Who knows...   

I thought they had 4 new kids? 2 from Colorado, 1 Kansas and 1 from Dallas. Correct me if I’m wrong.

12 minutes ago, Dawg665 said:

I thought they had 4 new kids? 2 from Colorado, 1 Kansas and 1 from Dallas. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Two from Colorado, one from Kansas and the 4th one people keep talking about is a Mt. Vernon student and athlete who had been at Mt. Vernon for years and who played while Finney was the AD, then moved last year before school started and played for a Dallas school and then came back to Mt. Vernon last Spring before school was out while Finney was still the AD. 

28 minutes ago, sportsfan4life said:

There hasn't been much respect for the three new MV kids on this forum all season long.  They have been demeaned and mocked and ridiculed and have had so many untrue things posted about them.  One particular poster, who doesn't even live in MV's district, seems to have made it his personal mission to talk bad about them nonstop, and then usually a lot more join in.   I just don't get it.  I have wondered for weeks now what is wrong with a person that would make them say things like that about kids and also women. Obviously, it speaks to the person's character, but, really, what does a person get out of it?  Who knows...   

I really haven't seen anyone ridicule the kids. Maybe I'm missing something. I have seen plenty of people mock the process, demean the school, so forth. But I've never seen anyone actually ridicule and demean the kids personally. The worst I saw anyone say was when someone started posting claiming to be 1 child's aunt. 

But of course people are speaking negatively on the entire process. We're talking move-ins from 2 different states, and I hear there's more coming. 

And to be honest, if you don't want to be in the spotlight, don't put yourself there. I find it crazy that everyone is so baffled that this is happening and it's drawing so much attention. IT'S COMMON SENSE! Literally everyone and their dogs knew this was going to happen. The man was literally let go mere hours after being hired in his last coaching job on this continent. So let's take a coaching job at a small school in Texas, and coincidentally have Hawthorne film a documentary in which his nephews moved across his country to play for his former head coach.

1 minute ago, sportsfan4life said:

Two from Colorado, one from Kansas and the 4th one people keep talking about is a Mt. Vernon student and athlete who had been at Mt. Vernon for years and who played for Finney, then moved last year before school started and played for a Dallas school and then came back to Mt. Vernon last Spring before school was out while Finney was still the AD. 

Ok gotcha, thanks! 

Scratch that. That's insinuating they moved for athletic purposes. They just moved to Mt. Vernon, because it's a booming metropolis with an abundance of job opportunities, and Colorado just wasn't supporting them anymore. 

• LOL! 1

1 minute ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I really haven't seen anyone ridicule the kids. Maybe I'm missing something. I have seen plenty of people mock the process, demean the school, so forth. But I've never seen anyone actually ridicule and demean the kids personally. The worst I saw anyone say was when someone started posting claiming to be 1 child's aunt. 

But of course people are speaking negatively on the entire process. We're talking move-ins from 2 different states, and I hear there's more coming. 

And to be honest, if you don't want to be in the spotlight, don't put yourself there. I find it crazy that everyone is so baffled that this is happening and it's drawing so much attention. IT'S COMMON SENSE! Literally everyone and their dogs knew this was going to happen. The man was literally let go mere hours after being hired in his last coaching job in this country. So let's take a coaching job at a small school in Texas, and coincidentally have Hawthorne film a documentary in which his nephews moved across his country to play for his former head coach.

I guess you and I haven't been reading the same posts.  I figured they would get deleted in due time, and a lot of them did, but a lot are still up and I have screenshots of a lot of them. 

1 minute ago, sportsfan4life said:

I guess you and I haven't been reading the same posts.  I figured they would get deleted in due time, and a lot of them did, but a lot are still up and I have screenshots of a lot of them. 

Well I'm apparently missing them somehow. There's no sense in that. I try to word my sentences carefully enough to make sure not to ridicule children. It's the system in general that's broken. 

2 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

And to be honest, if you don't want to be in the spotlight, don't put yourself there. I find it crazy that everyone is so baffled that this is happening and it's drawing so much attention. IT'S COMMON SENSE! Literally everyone and their dogs knew this was going to happen. The man was literally let go mere hours after being hired in his last coaching job in this country. So let's take a coaching job at a small school in Texas, and coincidentally have Hawthorne film a documentary in which his nephews moved across his country to play for his former head coach.

This is so true! I know I’ve made silly comments, but not towards the kids nor did I see anyone else. You are correct, the only person was one “aunt” that made claims, some of which raised more questions than put them to rest. But I’m 100% with you... why in the hell are people acting surprised now??

2 minutes ago, sportsfan4life said:

Those had better not show back up on here........

2 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Scratch that. That's insinuating they moved for athletic purposes. They just moved to Mt. Vernon, because it's a booming metropolis with an abundance of job opportunities, and Colorado just wasn't supporting them anymore. 

No truck stops in Colorado??

2 minutes ago, sportsfan4life said:

If someone is purposely talking down on the kids then I feel like the mods would deal with them accordingly. I also feel like the mods have probably been reading anything associated with Mt Vernon very closely.