Matt Stepp confirmed DEC Meeting (District 7-3A D1) on Mount Vernon...

Smoaky

2 hours ago, Maineman1988 said:

I mean like, do you want other teams in your district to win?

You don't vote against it if have evidence and a really good reason to vote that way. You know why? Because the next time it will be your kids dealing with a vote and you don't want the schools you've voted against in the past to deny the eligibility out of spite and retaliation

Any vote that goes to the UIL committee is a 50-50 shot at getting overturned. I've seen cases I thought would get upheld and didn't. I've seen ones I thought would get overturned and weren't. And if the DEC denies, there is no downside to appealing. A 50 percent shot is better than 0

Maybe Briles should have been looking at a TAPPS school or one in California that allows this kind of stuff.  There's lots of places in the USA where transfers are allowed without much of any rules in place.  Even in a city school in a metro area like Houston, Austin, or Dallas he would have a better chance than a small town school in East Texas......that's asking for trouble as you can see now.  He should've known that!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Are rules important? If not, then chunk them. If they are, then follow them. 

True story......right is right and wrong is wrong as long as the day is long......end of story. But sometimes it just doesn't work out that way when we all know it should.

8 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

He's a filmmaker

- who happens to be a former player on Briles team at Baylor
- who happens to have also played for Briles in Italy
- who happens to also be the uncle of 2 transfers from Colorado
- who happens to also own the trailer that said transfers supposedly live in after their parents chose to come to the metropolis of Mount Vernon for employment opportunities 

Which of these is a no no?

56 minutes ago, BoHogg said:

Right, if Joe Shmoe is coaching there it’s on the backpage. UIL met Wednesday and ruled against three schools and players transferring for athletic purposes, including one at Tenaha, but we see no press or Smoaky Court on it😂😂😂

If Joe Shmoe was coaching they wouldn't have come to play football in the 1st place.

26 minutes ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

The only thing that would be against the rules would be IF this person was coaching and was not a professional employee of the school district.......

Quote from Aug 7th article - pay close attention to the last paragraph.  Did the author get it wrong?  Someone from MV had to tell Rissa Shaw the names of these individuals correct?

52A2F6E9-84E8-4811-ADBB-7DA13CB1B94E.png

6 hours ago, JasonDellaRosa said:

You don't vote against it if have evidence and a really good reason to vote that way. You know why? Because the next time it will be your kids dealing with a vote and you don't want the schools you've voted against in the past to deny the eligibility out of spite and retaliation

Any vote that goes to the UIL committee is a 50-50 shot at getting overturned. I've seen cases I thought would get upheld and didn't. I've seen ones I thought would get overturned and weren't. And if the DEC denies, there is no downside to appealing. A 50 percent shot is better than 0

Honest truth on both statements...